Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Time to learn another new trick, thought I'd add a toeside invert. Have been practicing both on the tramp, working out pretty well. Have a question:

When I do them on the trampoline, I pretty much use the exact same tuck/rotation. Only difference is that I drop the back hand for the Frontroll, hold on (handle at the hips, little pull to back hip) for the Crow. Does this sound right? Will it transfer to the water like this?

Thanks for helping a Tank out!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 03, 2008)
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-03-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
I haven't landed both but I have tried both and its pretty simple just try doing what your doing on the tramp and if you have enough pop You will probably land them. The big thing with them is getting off your edge just as you go off the wake so you get the trip-flip thing.
When I was trying these falls dont feel like anything to just go and try it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
you can do both with the same, as long as the last 25% are different...my frontrolls are just scarecrows, then the last 15% i pull it back, more of a elephant...

for a front i just two hand it until the very end, and by dropping the back it works out fine -- scarecrow i just two hand or drop my front
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Do you guys intentionally think of kicking your heels up into your butt on these, I always under rotate and slamm my heels into the water
Old     (chefwong)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-04-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
They are definetly different in my case. In a front I do a straight flip. Where in a scarecrow I'll put my left shoulder into the flip (Goofy). When you on the tramp learn some front 180 and 360's without the rope then practice the scarecrow with the rope.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
I would suggest trying the crow first, because you just hang on with both hands and the landing is easier if you can land switch. The starting rotation is the same, but the biggest tip I can give you when you hit the water is remember its a trip flip trick, go hard at the wake then right at the top stop the edge. That will shoot you in the air and give you a nice vertical landing, it makes it a bit easier.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
Robot, no way Jose!! It's all about coming in on a strong hard cut and as you come off the top of the wake, really focus and make sure you pop up HARD!! Many folks try & throw the trick down, you gotta maximize your pop and boost it! Trust me it looks way cooler launched into the flats. It also makes grabbing it a ton easier.

Tank, when you come up next month I'll get you doing em! They have been my bread & butter for too long.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-26-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Big, I like that thought, about maximizing the pop and boosting it,
that must give the extra time for rotation I'm missing
Do you come in a little flexed in the legs and pop that way?
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (rasta_rider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-17-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Tank, they're basically the same rotation, except when i do my scarecrows, i make sure that my back arm is locked down so i can easily pull the handle to my other hip and take it big.