Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-28-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
This weekend my wife was out of town and none of my normal crew was available. So I put my time to good use and finally did my ballast install that I had been planning. Its a good thing I had the whole weekend since it took far longer than I expected (one trip to West Marine, 2 trips to Home Depot, and 3 trips to Lowes due to a combination of bad planning and one incorrect measurement didn't help it go any faster).

I'll post up pictures and a diagram tomorrow, but for now I have a question. I've heard of people gluing the fittings to their sacs (I used Launch Pads), but I didn't want to do that so I had the option of taking the bags out to bring on another boat if needed. Well, anyone who's done this before probably knows the fittings popped off as soon as the sacs got close to full. Lesson learned, but now I'm wondering what kind of glue I need to use? Can I use the regular PVC cement that you use for schedule 40 PVC pipe? Or would gorilla glue be better? Something else? This is the last thing I need to take care of to be finished and plan to take it for a water test on Tuesday (so far just used a fake-a-lake).