Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-22-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
An gxz! See what I did there?? It's got the g tower, g freeboard g nose between the forks and Malibu lines and forks next to the g nose!

The new supra gxz!
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-22-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hahaha
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-22-2012, 7:31 PM Reply   
Don't care for the tower or the front end.The rest of the boat looks great inside and out.The metal flake is awesome.Looks very roomy too.Windshield is very sleek also.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
I really dig this. When will the dealers have them to demo them. I really dig that tower actually. Possibly my favorite yet. Would like to see it with a Z5 on it.....
Really liking the black and metal flake one!!!!
Hmmmmmm Next year?????
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-22-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
Great looking boat, I want to see one with the supra progressive tower

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
I would like to see it with a progressive tower also.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-22-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
There is no progressive tower anymore.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-22-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
i am definitely shocked and awed....

-by the 4th attempt this season to assign "a melt your face off; life as we know it will forever be changed date" marketing tactic that turns out to only be evolutionary. MC, CC, Bu, and now SC are all guilty of crying wolf and all we see are lambs (over exaggeration, i know).

-by the homogenization of the tools. shared shapes, lines, towers, profiles,etc. are we really impressed by glitter gel coat and companies that arent skilled enough to negotiate a proprietary tower design so that their offerings at least appear to be branded?

-by the fact that we all still assign the tool a greater priority than the sport...and i am terribly guilty of this myself. of all the boats i have owned, i havent had a measurably better experience from my first moomba to my CC 230, but my wallet sure is lighter.

Last edited by tdc_worm; 07-22-2012 at 7:55 PM.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
I think the boats look awesome!!!! It is so nice to see how much this boat has came together since January when we tested it in Orlando. It has an AMAZING wake that everyone will love. Can't wait to get mine!!!!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-22-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
I really like this boat. Everything about it. Looks like a winner for sure. If it has a good surf wave and wakeboard wake like is being, said that boat will offer the most for your $ of the high end boats I bet.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudontn View Post

Ahhhhhh, you're all too focused on what you're seeing that will be ABOVE the water!

I was lucky enough to snag an invite to the event and it's the hull that will make the difference. You can get some indications from the on water shots. The V goes back further than any prior Supra, IMO and the rear of the boat is deeper.

It can come equipped with a combo of hard tanks & bags, including an IBS. And, guess what I found under the sunpad on the World's? Caddy 550 hp motor.

Yes, there were 2 boats at the reveal. The blue/black SA450 and the World's SA550.

Talked with Ray from Z5 and, yes, a cargo bimini from them will be available on these boats/towers.

New Supra VISION system, touch screen, hidden trash can, cool hinged seat w/ soft side cooler underneath, LED all around.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-22-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
That's sad that the progressive tower is gone for 2013. It was by far the best looking tower of all the boats IMO and way better looking than the "S" Bend

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-22-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripr View Post
There will be a ton of hi res pics coming, but here's a few random iPhone shots
Do I see surf tabs?
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
Wolfe
Good work. Nice looking ride. Cant complain any about the wake on my 2011 21V but that wake looks great. I like the s bend tower. Clean.
Boat is SHARP
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-22-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
That boat is SHARP! Nice.
Looks like a twin brother of the MXZ
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
no surf tabs
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
Interior looks way roomy. Rear lockers are smaller than my 21v. Better have hard tanks and room for plug n play.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-22-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
One thing that surprises me with all of the new pickle front boats is that they all have giant bows. I would prefer to move the windshield forward and have a large cabin with a small bow. Maybe I am the only one.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-22-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
no surf tabs
Whats with the dual trim switches then?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 8:45 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, should have mentioned that.

Wait, I did! Yes, hard tanks with bags, including an IBS is available.

Put away that Mississippi Moonshine, B. Webb.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
Hard to tell from those pics but Supra is offering a blacked out SUPRA logo for the side now. I wanted to do that on my Supra, but wasn't available then....
Attached Images

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-22-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
Ibs?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07launch22ssv View Post
Not sure. I'll double check tomorrow. I heard that blue/black boat was the development boat so maybe something left over or I may have missed something.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
One is for trim tab and other for drivers seat height adj?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ah, ha! So, you set everything up on the VISION system (including rider presets) and things are off just a bit due to crew size, water conditions, etc. You need to adjust slightly to get the wake really dialed in, so you can lean forward and use the touch screen or stay lounged back the really comfy, redesigned driver's seat and flick the switches.

The left one lets you adjust the wakeplate up/down, the right one lets you adjust the speed!

Last edited by wolfe_drew; 07-22-2012 at 9:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ibs?
Integrated Bow Sac.

For this boat, its a custom-sized Fly High sac that runs under each of the bow seats and under the front cushion (it's a "V" or "U" shaped bag)
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Hard to tell from those pics but Supra is offering a blacked out SUPRA logo for the side now. I wanted to do that on my Supra, but wasn't available then....
Diggs, the murdered out Supra decals are sick! Check them out on the World's 242 (note Z5 as well)
Attached Images

Old     (jefft)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-22-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
Congrats To Rick and the Supra team. Boat looks awesome. Cant wait to get mine :
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
Caddy motor out of the SA550

note it says along the side, "SUPERCHARGED"
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2012, 10:14 PM Reply   
Great looking boat for SC, but its tough not to say they dubbed the Malibu MXZ... I hope they got rid of the antiquated bag system and actually have hard tank ballast in it or a combo plug and play system. The bow looks huge, I wish all the picklefork boats would add more lounge space and less bow area... how many people do you really want sitting in front of you while towing someone??? Maybe the dash picture is skewed but it looks like the gauge cluster is sitting high, I thought SC was trying to lower it down on older models for better vision while driving.... or at least this is what they advertised when coming out with the VISION dash.

Great looking color scheme with the metal flake.... that wake is also looking great.... some more interior pics and ballast pics would be nice.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-23-2012, 12:40 AM Reply   
I think it's a sick boat. If you wanna get picky, it looks like an Mxz. But the only thing that matters is what the wake looks like. From the shots I've seen it looks killer.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 1:24 AM Reply   
i like it...worth waiting for unless the msrp is something like 100 grand....anyone here things like price? how many ppl does it seat?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 5:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbucklin View Post
i like it...worth waiting for unless the msrp is something like 100 grand....anyone here things like price? how many ppl does it seat?
Not a lot of talk about price last night that I heard (and, trust me, I was eavesdropping on a lot of them) but I did get an indication that the fully loaded World's SA550 (that's with the supercharged Caddy motor) should be under 6 figures.

Last edited by wolfe_drew; 07-23-2012 at 5:19 AM.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 5:21 AM Reply   
That would b great! I'm ordering mine. My dealer will b back Wednesday...think u need that big motor?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-23-2012, 5:29 AM Reply   
Great looking boat, the wake in the first pics looks clean too. On the flip side the tower in the second pic looks almost identical to the G23 tower especially the boots at the bottom and the rest does look like a MXZ. Not in anyway hating, I would love to see this boat on the water.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
Wow. Supra... a swing and a miss on this one for me. I say that as a Supra fan from long time. If I didn't know better I would have said it's a MXZ or even a Tomcat, with absolutely no hesitation. I'm really disappointed.

This isn't 2012-2013 risk-taking in a world where the G23/G25 exists. Things are a little bit different now. This is 2006 risk taking, not 2012 risk taking. You can't run around yelling "shock & awe" and then drop a boat that even an expert eye would take to be a current boat from a competing manufacturer. I expected so much more.

That being said, as usual the Worlds boat is beautiful.

Otherwise... sorry but, kind of a blunder?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
Found this on another site for those interested in the ballast.

The SA’s Liquid Lead Ballast, factory-option upgradable FLEX Ballast and wake-shaping SmartPlate let you create ideal wakes for every level of rider. Supra Liquid Lead is a subfloor ballast system that adds 900 pounds of trick-jacking tanked water weight to the SA350, SA450 and SA550 standard. These polyethylene hard tanks are not only beneath the floor and out-of-the-way, the three locations are optimized for the Supra SA’s pro rider hull design. The available Flex System, weighing in at 1,300 pounds of additional ballast, can raise the SA’s factory total to 2,200 lbs. And if that isn’t enough simply swap out the Flex sacks with bags of your choice at the quick connection points. Whether the SA’s ballast system is standard Liquid Lead, paired with factory Flex or upgraded even further, you can still keep your eye and a finger on it with VISION Touch. The Supra SmartPlate commands the flow of water moving past the hull and allows you to adjust the shape of the wake at the dash. The integrated Zero Off speed control and the unaffected wakes under the PURE Surf swim step deliver perfect pulls time after time. Harness all that powerful performance with the tap of your finger with the customizable rider profiles of the all-new VISION Touch system.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
900 lbs of sub floor ballast? That sucks.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-23-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
I don't think so. I would rather have 900 sub-floor and pre-plumbed/wired/switched/pumped sacks that I could increase rather than have more in the sub floor but then you are stuck with it.

You can this boat with 900lbs sub floor and put 750's in the back and 1200 up front and be running 3600lbs in ballast for the price of the upsized bags.

Take an MB/Centurion. Yes, you get more sub floor ballast out of the shoot - but you also have to spend thousands to plumb in pumps, sacks, wiring, hose, etc and you also have to drill holes in the boat. One downside is that the more sub floor ballast you have, the higher the floor typically gets.

I think a nice blend of less sub floor ballast with a deep floor and easily upgradable sacks is the ticket. I like what they have done for an option.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-23-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Wow, it's like they didn't even attempt to make it look any different than the MXZ. Well, except for the tower they used from the G23. The transom seats even look almost identical to the MXZ.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post

I think this is the best part.... It is all plumbed to put whatever sacs you want all plug and play and hidden. This is awesome. 900lbs is just the start. How many boats are running 3000 lbs + all plumbed?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
All plumbed is is great and I have nothing against pumps, I just don't like all of my storage being taken up by sacs.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Personally the ballast is the best thing on this boat so far for me its flexibility is a great new feature. I however am not a fan of the bow or the huge hunk of billet above the rub rail on the nose.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Ballast can come from the factory w/ 2,200 lbs. That with 400 lb sacs in the rear and I when I asked about squeezing 1,100's in there, I got a little smile. So, 3,600 lbs total. Not sure how many 22.5 ft boats offer that plus a ton of storage. Life is all about trade offs and I'm good with this one.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think this is the best part.... It is all plumbed to put whatever sacs you want all plug and play and hidden. This is awesome. 900lbs is just the start. How many boats are running 3000 lbs + all plumbed?
Plus 900 pounds is enough for 95% of the potential buyers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
I agree that it looks similar to the MKZ but maybe there is a reason for that? When did Shane leave Malibu? I know it was before the release of the MKZ but I wonder if he had any hand in the initial designs/ideas? Could explain the similarities.

I really like the boat overall. The tower is going to need to grow on me and I think I would prefer the sbend tower with the standard bimini. Still not a fan of the Z5 cargo bimini although that probably has to do with living in washington and there is no need to have a bimini up most of the time. Having one that can easily be stowed/folded up is nice.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Plus 900 pounds is enough for 95% of the potential buyers.
A fair point. Just the pictures of the new Star/G23/G25/Supra wake scare me.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Will this take the place of the 22v for the whole launch/sunscape series? The launch and sunscape are the same mold, so I'm wondering if they are going to phase the mold out for the new hull design and this will be the only 22ft model.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Definite swing and miss.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       07-23-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
those are a couple of good looking boats. I like the white/black with the black supra logos...

I second the comments on the ballast from Jeff mn. I liked the mb at first, but the more I started to think about the added cost of pumps/bags/wiring, small tanks and plug/play bags are the way to go..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
Will this take the place of the 22v for the whole launch/sunscape series? The launch and sunscape are the same mold, so I'm wondering if they are going to phase the mold out for the new hull design and this will be the only 22ft model.
If they hit the mark with the new hull design on the this boat then I would expect them to go to this/similar designed hulls on all their boats whether or not they are picklefork, mojo style or traditional V bow. Mayeb they would keep something to be a crossover boat with a flatter hull though or do what malibu does and offer a crossover hull and a wake hull.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
those are a couple of good looking boats. I like the white/black with the black supra logos...

I second the comments on the ballast from Jeff mn. I liked the mb at first, but the more I started to think about the added cost of pumps/bags/wiring, small tanks and plug/play bags are the way to go..
So if MB added a plug and play option and upped the price 1500 would you still think large gravity ballast standard isn't the way to go? I just don't that line of thinking. It makes no sense.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Why do I feel like I'd be dicking around with tanks & bags & hoses with this system?
This boat is really 2005. Sorry to be a jerk but I hardly call this system "integrated".
I'm not excited about this thing. It's not going to grow on me. The Worlds boat is another matter, as I love that one.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
Why do I feel like I'd be dicking around with tanks & bags & hoses with this system?
This boat is really 2005. Sorry to be a jerk but I hardly call this system "integrated".
I'm not excited about this thing. It's not going to grow on me. The Worlds boat is another matter, as I love that one.
They were both Worlds Ed. and could you give a little more info on what you would call an integrated system?
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Still no tlk bout price??? So its a 22...not 24?
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
If they hit the mark with the new hull design on the this boat then I would expect them to go to this/similar designed hulls on all their boats whether or not they are picklefork, mojo style or traditional V bow. Mayeb they would keep something to be a crossover boat with a flatter hull though or do what malibu does and offer a crossover hull and a wake hull.
I was almost thinking the same thing, seems like those would have to be a substantial redesign as well if they get into the other models. I dont mind them switching the hulls out if it works, but all I can see is lighter pockets from the consumers end. Get what ya pay for.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Nope, 22V stays.

Wont need more than standard 345 motor but you may want more.

Z5 will be an available option.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
They were both Worlds Ed. and could you give a little more info on what you would call an integrated system?
I posted pics of 242 Worlds and SA550 Worlds (the silver/black) and the SA450 is not a Worlds edition. There are 2 Worlds options this year.

2005 on the ballast? Sorry, but to get that kinda weight hidden, nobody has it all in tanks. Well, maybe those boats on Deadliest Catch do, but I dont want to ride behind any of those.

I already gave a hint on price.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
boomshoot-
You ever notice how everyone glazes over your comments on every thread cause they are all the same? You rarely elicit a response and you finally got me to respond. You have already said three times on this thread and you do the same thing on every thread of other boats you don't like. If you don't like it, you can:
A: state that you don't like it (which you did 3 times in the last 24 hours). You are open to your opinion and this is the internet!!!
B: Maybe just bow out and keep your opinions to yourself or maybe just state it once.....

Maybe you are the same person that tells your wife she looks fat in a certain outfit as well. That is fine if you are that "guy".....

As far as the "integrated" hard tanks and bags goes: They are integrated. You get hard tanks below the floor. You will have pre-existing plumbing for bags that will have compartments. You simply plug the bags in and flip the switch to fill them. You leave the bags in or you can take them out. You can put small bags or you can put large bags..... At least this is the way I understand it. I have not seen it. I think this is huge. It fits everyone's needs. The stock ballast people that want all the storage or the people that want to load the heck out of their boat and they still have storage. Just not quite as much.

Maybe Tinker will offer to fly you out to the factory like Tige did after you bashed their product so much. If so, will you take me, cause I would like to go.....
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
^^^what he said
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
I posted pics of 242 Worlds and SA550 Worlds (the silver/black) and the SA450 is not a Worlds edition. There are 2 Worlds options this year.

2005 on the ballast? Sorry, but to get that kinda weight hidden, nobody has it all in tanks. Well, maybe those boats on Deadliest Catch do, but I dont want to ride behind any of those.

I already gave a hint on price.
Guess I didn't see the 450
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Who badges supra?? Not me...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
So is the SA350, SA450 and SA 450 all the same boat but the number refers to the motor size/HP? That is an interesting way to go about it. I would think using the model SA for the picklefork plus 220 or 22(for the length) would make more sense. For a 22' boat it could be the SA220/SA22 for a 24' boat it could be the SA240/SA24?

Regardless I like it and I like the flexability of the ballast system. Joe Tuber/heelside hero, big stereo guy and wake snob can all be satisfied with this setup.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-23-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
I love the way this boat looks on the water, and the new ballast system. I just hope the price comes in somewhere between the launch 22v and the 242. Lot's of info and some videos of the boat if you follow this link.
http://www.wakeboarder.com/blog/supr...ock-awe-water/
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-23-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
There are boats being introduced that do have large amounts of ballast all in sub-floor hard tanks. The G23 is a prime example of that. 2850lbs in sub floor ballast and still more storage than most boats out there. Granted, it is a 23footer but not much longer than this one. I also believe the MBs are putting in large amounts of sub floor ballast.

I love Supras and have owned a couple, however, companies are putting in more weight sub-floor so to state that nobody has it all in tanks is not completely true.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-23-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
so sick i like how it goes by motor size! just like a mercedes or something.
id love to roll around with a 550 sticker on my boat just so everyone can know iv got a fatty engine
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmo View Post
There are boats being introduced that do have large amounts of ballast all in sub-floor hard tanks. The G23 is a prime example of that. 2850lbs in sub floor ballast and still more storage than most boats out there. Granted, it is a 23footer but not much longer than this one. I also believe the MBs are putting in large amounts of sub floor ballast.

I love Supras and have owned a couple, however, companies are putting in more weight sub-floor so to state that nobody has it all in tanks is not completely true.
The G23 is only really comparable in length. The G23 is not even close to the same size as this boat. This actually still looks like a wake boat instead of a giant brick floating on the water. Now I am not saying the G is a bad boat. It is just a way bigger boat .
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
blah blah blah ... state that you don't like it (which you did 3 times in the last 24 hours). You are open to your opinion and this is the internet!!!
B: Maybe just bow out and keep your opinions to yourself or maybe just state it once.....
That's decent feedback and I'll take it. I actually did post thrice and now forthse. I'll say again I love Supra, I think Rick Tinker is the right guy to run that company and I have a lot of faith in him. I do not, however, think this boat is anything worth writing home about. The rest reads like you actually do read and absorb my posts. All of them. Actually people do read my posts and are engaged with me and I've even tried toning it down lately. Notice I'm not brought up in the mhunter etc conversations. And no, Mr Tinker isn't going to invite me to the factory to help "change my mind" because I've said many times here and elsewhere that I am a big, big, Supra fan already. I'll chill though. Just think this was... not a shock or awe reveal.

Last edited by boomshot; 07-23-2012 at 2:00 PM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
a few more

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Just drove it....WOW!

I'll give a full review when I decompress...and by decompress I mean finish my evening.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
thanks for all the pics! i love the blue i meet with my dealer on friday to talk numbers! pretty excited he said i should b able to b in it yet this year!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-23-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
I won't be buying this, or any other new boat, but that bow is fuggin UGLY. No flow at all, looks like the whole upper part is a body kit for a ricer, bigger side skirts... Not a fan. Wake looks sick, but not a fan of the styling.
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
You guys are nuts. This boat is freaking gorgeous. Tower is my favorite out of all of them. Love it! Little birdy told me the wake is going to be an absolute monster and clean clean clean.

Last edited by WaterBullDawg; 07-23-2012 at 8:27 PM.
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Let's hear that review!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-23-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
Come on NAW.....
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-23-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
Nice upgrade on the snap out carpet and sub floor ballast, even though 900 lbs is a little on the light side. I hate to bring up the MXZ resemblence again, but wow, the rear transom in those pics looks identical to the Malibu MXZ. A little disappointing SC could not have been a little more innovative and designed a truly different looking pickle fork.

Is the zero off located in the bottom right corner of the helm area? Or is that the stereo controls? Seems like an odd placement for any screen you need to view while driving....?

Still a beautiful boat, hope the wake performs as good as it looks...

Last edited by fman; 07-23-2012 at 8:35 PM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
FMAN
That is a stereo remote down on the bottom it looks like. I am sure you control the Zero Off through the VISION like always. Have not seen it to be sure though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2012, 10:26 PM Reply   
After reading through the posts a couple times and looking at the pictures here are my thoughts/questions not that anybody gives a crap what I think.

-Just looking at the overall exterior lines/colors of the boat I realIy like it. It probably has to do with the boat looking fairly similar to the MKZ(not a surprise considering Shane and other previous Malibu employees had a hand in designing it) which I really love. These 2 boats still look like sexy ski boats and not a huge block(G23) or an over the top mammoth(xstar). I really like the shape of the bow/forks, I love the proportion of the cockpit to bow space. This has the similar super sexy look of hte OG picklefork xstar but with more room in the cockpit. I prefer that from a looks perspective then having the windshield too far forward. Yeah you may gain some room in the cockpit that way but the boat isn't nearly as sexy. This is probably why am not hugely in love with the Tige RZ series or the newer tomcats. The boat appears to have enough freeboard that even when slammed or full of people it won't feel unsafe. Even for surfing.

-Tower-I am not in love with the tower on those pictured but I certainly don't hate it either. If it is an option I would like to see what an SBend tower looks like on this boat. I think the lines might be better fit with the boat.

-Interior-The interior looks great from the few pictures we have. The snap in mat/carpet is long overdue for supra. I like the simple wrap around and not overly designed cluttered vinyl patterns. From talking to Shane the driver's seat comes standard with heater and motorized height adjustment. The dash looks great. A good combo of 2 multifunction gauges and touchscreen. Simple and classy switch panels are nicely appointed. I love the location of the driver's cupholder and stereo remote. Both look to be very close to where your hand sits while on the throttle or just resting on the arm rest. The bow looks roomy and deep. It looks like 4 regular sized adults could sit comfortably. I can't tell for sure but from the looks and the use of an IBS bag I am guessing the walkthrough goes all the way up into the bow. I think I prefer this to a playpen like other Supra's or even the Malibu's with bow ballast. This gives you the flexability to have a fully padded bow lounge with the fillin cushion in or have a full walk way with room for 3 or 4 people to be sitting upright in the seats with their feet on the floor. I really like the mat thing that is in there.

-Not sure on the back sunpad area. I may be in the minority but I would prefer the side pads to go all the way to the transom and have a couple foot wide seat in the middle. Then maybe incorporate the walkthrough and seat together. I like the lounge space and bigger lockers better. That said I guess I understand the seating across the back.

-The swim platform looks good, big and functional for surfing.

-ballast setup. Although I think I would prefer a larger under the floor ballast system in a purevert or pump setup I can understand why they don't. A lot of people love the amount of ballast under the floor in the MB's but they greatly sacrificed interior depth to gain that extra ballast. For how deep MB's are they should have a deeper interior depth. IT is fine for some that the ballast is so much but in reality it is probably more then 95% of inboard boat buyers need. In a 22' boat 900-1200 is perfect. For most buyers who are fine with that stock 900 they dont' have to worry about taking up any extra space with sacks or giving up interior depth. By the way the interior looks very deep on this boat even though it doesn't appear overly deep from the outside lines. It is awesome that it is setup with plug and play. With 750's or 1100's in the rear and the IBS in the front it should have any amazing setup for all the wakeboard wake snobs and wakesurf snobs. All of which can be hidden. Now this isn't something new to the industry but is nice to see Skier's Choice add. It was one of the bigger criticism's I had of Supra's.

-I really like the trim tab switch and speed switch on the steering column. I think that is awesome that you will be able to make small adjustments in both trim and speed without removing your hands from the wheel. Next I want to see the trim tab have some sort of automatic setting that lowers it once idling and keeps it lowered till the PP engages. Then it would go to whatever the rider preset is.

-Hull design-I have no idea if the hull is actually going to be a winner, although from the wake pictures it looks like it is going to be great, but I love the idea of them getting away from the old and outdated hull design they have had since the early/mid 90's or earlier. The V being brought all the way to the back seems to have some great advantages including better wakeboard wake with less ballast, better surf wake, better rough water ride, etc. If Supra can come to the game with a hull that throws a great wakeboard wake and great surf wake they are in good shape. I would expect to see the hull design on all their boats that aren't attempting to be crossover boats. I would also expect to see it also be incorporated to the Moomba line.

-Someone mentioned that the boat is ok with the 350 motor. I am wondering what the weight of the boat is. The MKZ is 4000 pounds so I am assuming the same give or takea couple hundred pounds. If it is around 4000 then I would expect the 350 to be just fine with a standard high altitude prop even with 2200-3000 pounds of ballast. If the OG picklefork xstar at 4200# managed with around 3000#'s of ballast then this shouldn't have much problem unless at high altitude or setup for a pro size with with 4000# plus of ballast. I see absolutely no reason to run the 550 unless you plan on running 4000+ pounds of ballast and boat at altitude. Now if they add a 24' version which I would expect then maybe it needs the 450 stock and the 550 when running crazy weight.

-Drew mentioned he thinks the price of the 22 worlds with the 550 appears to be under 100k then I would expect a nicely equipped(I think they come loaded. The only real options might be the motor, heater, Z5, tower speakers, tricked trailer) SA350 with a standard trailer to be in the 80-85k range. I could be wrong but wouldn't that be priced cheaper then the X25, SAN230, MAlibu MKZ and maybe the Tige RZ2? If this boat can be everything it appears and come in cheaper then all those comparable boats they jsut hit a frigging home run. I would love to see this boat with the Sbend tower, standard bimini, plug and play, standard gauges, PP, heater, manual drivers seat, no seat heater, tandem trailer, towing cover and 350 motor for the 70-75k. I think that would slay everything else similar. I would really, really love to see the same basic hull, styling in a very simple Moomba trimmed version in the 60k range.

For the future of Supra if they can bring most the features and designes to all their models whether 20', 24', V bow or picklefork and still stay priced at or below then Tige, Mastercraft, Nautique and Malibu they are in for some big time growth. At least in market share. You they are going to be less expensive then Mastercraft and Nautique. I think they will very tough competition for Tige, Malibu and Centurion to some extent.

Anyways, good stuff MR Tinker, Mr Stillman and the rest of the crew at Skier's Choice. The future is looking good.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 11:55 PM Reply   
I love how everyone here is an engineer. I'm sure the design has a purpose greater than "it looks good" or "it looks bad" or "whats the purpose of that". Correct me if I'm wrong but only correct me IF YOU ARE A REAL ENGINEER THAT DESIGNS BOATS.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 1:20 AM Reply   
Honestly I think Supra makes a beautiful boat in general. I'm not quite sure why Supra made this boat look so identical to other manufacturers boats though. Seriously it looks like a nautique jumped in bed with a malibu and 9 months later we got this thing.

That being said, I would gladly take the offspring of a Nauty and a BU