Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    atx_shred            06-19-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
ok so I've narrowed it down to certain models. as said before I'm going to use this board for mostly cable but still a decent amount of boat. The slingshot recoil (either the 2012 or 2014), the slingshot oli derome pro model, and finally the slingshot shredtown. And also bindings wise should I just stick with the slingshot bindings that usually come with it? thanks!
Old    atx_shred            06-19-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
sorry forgot to mention i was also interested in the Lyman.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-19-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
If you can find a pair of 2013 Rads or Shredtowns, get those or snag a pair of 2014 KTVs. Personally, I am not a fan of the 2014 Rads. As far as the board goes, it really depends on how flexible you like it.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-19-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
Recoil = 3 stage board will feel slow at the cable and has an ok amount of flex. Id reccomend this as majority of the time boat board that a guy wants to take to the park.

Oli = continuous rocker with more flex than the recoil but has some relief cuts/channels in the nose/tail so a little stiffer than the shredtown. great all around 50/50 park/boat board.

Shredtown = continuous rocker with a smooth base. nice moderate flex. proven at the park and fun behind the boat as well. not the most explosive board behind the boat but its a playful and smooth.

I'd also look at the Reflex. Subtle 3 stage board with great flex. Board rides and pops well behind the boat and feels great at the park.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-19-2014, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
Recoil = 3 stage board will feel slow at the cable and has an ok amount of flex. Id reccomend this as majority of the time boat board that a guy wants to take to the park.

Oli = continuous rocker with more flex than the recoil but has some relief cuts/channels in the nose/tail so a little stiffer than the shredtown. great all around 50/50 park/boat board.

Shredtown = continuous rocker with a smooth base. nice moderate flex. proven at the park and fun behind the boat as well. not the most explosive board behind the boat but its a playful and smooth.

I'd also look at the Reflex. Subtle 3 stage board with great flex. Board rides and pops well behind the boat and feels great at the park.
The thing I have noticed about the slingshot series is the rockers aren't as apparent as other brands. This is just my opinion. Your analysis is spot on if I was to be looking for one. I personally think the recoil and reflex are the two best options.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
I have the 2013 Kine that I use 50/50 boat and cable. I really like the subtle 3 stage behind the boat and it also works well for me at the cable. I have never ridden the Reflex but think that it would probably be my go-to board if I was 100% cable.
Old    atx_shred            06-20-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
I'm really liking the oli but can't find any reviews on it.
Old     (JDK13)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-28-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
I own the slingshot shredtown 2013 and is amazing behind the boat and on cable, and i just got the 2014 shredtown bindings which is a pain on the boat but useful on cable, I recommend this setup if you are riding behind both boat and cable