Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
I've never riden behind an SSV. I'm thinking about getting an 03 supra SSV. I know that I need to go test drive and ride behind one, but what should I expect. what is the wake like. Is there any problems with this boat, or anythig ya'll could tell me would be helpfull. Thanks
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-30-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
Worldclass Wakeboard Boat!!! One of the best out there. Supra makes an incredible boat. Definitely test drive it. I know alot of people with SSV's and one who has an '03 and it's an awesome boat that I love boarding behind. Good luck and hopefully welcome to the Skiers Choice family of boats. (The company that makes Supras)
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-30-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
We have an ssv and love it. The wake is amazing and can be changed to suite each riders preference using the wakeplate. We have had no major problems with our boat. The boat handles like a sports car and is very easy to manuever at slow speeds.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-31-2005, 6:04 AM Reply   
just picked up an 04 SSV...great boat. But I'm having issues with the sacs leaking...as have a few of my friends...with moomba's/supra's. I noticed a little hydraulic fluid leaking out of one of the cylinders of the wakeplate yesterday. The boats could use more storage...compared to the malibu...supra is lacking on storage. The cooler isn't worth a crap either. Other than that a great boat!

(Message edited by acurtis_Ttu on August 31, 2005)
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Like Tyler said, this is a very versatile boat! he wake can change size and shape drastically depending on how much ballast and the wakeplate setting.

If on the test drive the boat owner only has stock sacs and you feel that the wake is a little on the small side, don't be fooled. This boat is capable of putting out a MONSTER wake!

The storage does suck though. Just tell people to bring their board only and leave their crap in the car!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
I have 350 hours on an '02 SSV, and it's been great! No problems at all, and a lot of nice features. Oh yeah, and a great wake, too.

I disagree with the storage comments. It has tons of storage. Because of the playpen configuration, the compartment behind the passenger seat goes all the way to the bow. We call it "the black hole" because it swallows up everything (skis, tools, cleaning supplies, a tube or two, PFD's, towels, lines, fenders, and other stuff, too). You can also store soft things where the center sack is.
Old    zboomer            08-31-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I had an '04 SSV and it was a great boat, I'd definitely recommend one.

As someone mentioned, if you had to come up with a negative it's that there is considerably less storage than in most V-drive's because the rear bench seat converts to a rear-facing "Stadium" seat, which means nothing can be stored under it or on the sides. Once you fill the ballast bags it takes up remaining storage in the rear compartments, and the basement.

Agree also that the cooler sucks.

Other than that, my SSV was built very well, handled great, and I never had any serious issues at all. It makes a world-class wake when weighted properly, and planes out super easy with the wakeplate.

Only reason I traded is because I wanted something a bit more customized to my taste, and I wanted hard, in-floor ballast tanks.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ive ridden behind Boomers 04 SSV and a couple of other SSVs. Loved them, great versitile boat.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
The only complaint I have about ours is where the racks are. Makes getting boards in/out of them a total pain in the ass and almost dangerous. There's a pic in my profile for a visual reference.

Otherwise, great boat, great wake, great price, great service.
Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       08-31-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
thanks
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2005, 5:49 AM Reply   
The older rad-a-cage most (04 and older, aside from the GG) tower allows boards to be more easily accessible.
Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Im looking at an 03 GG
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-01-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
The 2003 GG have the rad-a-cage tower so the boards rack are fairly easy to reach.