Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Do your backslide lipslide and be done with it.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-26-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
no
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-26-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
I have always wondered why not do two events with event winners and overall winners.

Honestly, I think the rail hits breakup the flow of the wake riding too much and who really rides terrain with fins? (okay, some people do) I think the two event format would be pretty cool and would allow for better wake and terrain riding at the events.

I know time is always the issue, but it is just my opinion.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-26-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
Poor excuse for a thread, but I agree. Back lip frontside 270 out. Again and again and again. Change the feature up, or get rid of it, but do something.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-29-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
Completely agree, there is very little variation on either the funbox or the rooftop rail. I like the 2 event idea where they could do a much better terrain course. Seems like PWT is willing to change things up to keep it interesting, ala the main event format. So maybe someday.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-01-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
being that the projects have a replica setup there, i don't think it is going anywhere. I agree it is an obsolete obstacle but it is designed to be broken down and traveled around the country. It is built on a hydraulic system and is very expensive and being that the PWT isn't the most lucrative pro tour in sports, we might be stuck with it again.

Justin, for the 12+ years i've been riding cable, i've always kept my fins in if i'm not riding a board that has them built in.

Last edited by kyle_L; 04-01-2012 at 5:34 AM.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-01-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Kyle, do you break them off often? I never ride with them because I dont feel I need them, but I am also be paranoid of breaking off the fins and potentially damaging the board (more so than normal rail riding would).
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-02-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
ben, not too much, it used to happen more often 3-5 years ago when the fins weren't really designed to handle the cable. Even the Ronix metal fins would break, but when i was riding A LOT of cable (probably 4x a week) 5 years ago, i rode a ronix one for the season and only lost maybe 5 or 6 fins. Now Ronix makes the sintered (sp) fins which conveniently fit on LF boards perfectly and they won't break off. It's basically like turning your finless board into a board with built in fins because the base is widened. This also allows you to keep your balance if you are pressing or whatnot and helps more because you can lock into the rails. Even though they are small, a fin will help preserve your knees because you are going to have more solid landings with dispersed energy into the fins along with the board
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-02-2012, 4:17 AM Reply   
http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/Wa...-Fins-(2).html

These guys will not break off, the only thing you need to be careful of is maybe catching a rope
Attached Images

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-05-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone follows Ronix on twitter they will have already seen this, but apparently the PWT has paired with Unit to get some new rails for this year's tour.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
yup, we got the email from the PWT with the announcement of the new Funbox and rail.