Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-04-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
What's going on everyone?

I'm doing a paper for my masters program, being that it's due today I'm posting this question here insted of the non-wakeboarding discussion.

I'm wondering if your water use is metered and if you pay for household water use?

Thanks!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-04-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
On a well we pay based on estimated acre feet used based on our well electricity useage however a supreme court ruling has found the charges by santa clara county water district for private well users is unconstitional and is currently being challenged. So we may no longer be charged if a majority of well owners protest the charges. So we'll see what happens on that one!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-04-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
on a private well, just pay for electricity for the pumps to send the water 100 yards to the house.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-04-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
Yes, and yes. Metered, and pay for all water use.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-04-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies.

I have to design a community based social marketing plan; at least in theory; and a year or two ago I was discussing water coservation practices on this discussion board and being that I had already dabbled in it and knowing that California is under water pressures I figured it was a good way to go. I didn't realize that the Governor had passed a state of emergency in 2009 and mobilized large resources to try and tackle this problem.

I've since discovered that he has asked for an indivual comittment from everyone to reduce water use by 20% and that while the numbers vary that the average household use per person in California is 135 gallons/day vs a country average of 120 gallons/day. Also interesting is that new buildings constructed starting in 2011 will be under new code to meet a 20% reduction over current building practices.

It also looks like if every person in California reduced their water usage by 20% that it would make up for 25% of the water in Lake Shasta or account for a potential water level change of 300 ft' of elevation. Somewhat crazy stuff when putting it in perspective.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
No one the metered water in central california(Lodi). We pay a standard rate depending on how many bedrooms your household has i beleive. With that being said I think they are in the process of installing meters and we will be switching over to metered water within the next 4 years.