Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Went down to the water at the Conner gate at lake Tulloch and saw this.
Upload
Upload
The boat was full of water and getting hammered. It kind of pisses you off the way people treat their boats. I’m sure some one would be supper happy to take way better care of a boat then these people. You see the way people get a boat and then have no Idea or no intention of taking care of it the way your supposed to. I can’t tell you how many boats around the lake are sitting out side and un-covered just getting beat. It would be funny to have some sort of boat protective custody that take boats out of the hands of people that have no idea how to take care of them and gives them to people who do. LOL
I know you should never judge a book by it’s cover but when I see a boat on the water that’s hammered due to simple care or lack of maintance I can’t help but think the people that own it are a bunch of Jack A$$e’s. I’m a profiler and I admit it LOL
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-12-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
G ~~ I just saw a local add with somebody trying to unload their X-45. The pictures he is using with snow all over the boat and no cover on it. Here is one of his pictures! He still wants top dollar for it!
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-12-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
ouch....that aint good.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
Josh: Yup and whats funny is I bet the boat he is selling has like 50 hr's on it and he thinks its like brand new. Even though its new its hammerd.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-12-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Check out all the pics, kind of hard to sell when you got snow all over your boat!
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=4716594&cat=147&lpid=
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-12-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
G - that is next to the drifters marina right? Man that sucks.

btw - are you still riding Tulloch?

T
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Trevor: I havent ridden for 2 week's.
Last weekend the water was so low I couldn't use my launch (Kiva). I had to go around to the other side of the lake (Conner). It was a hassel. I took my boat off it's trailer to do some winter up grades so I don't think Ill be using my boat untill the water comes back up. I still have a Pontoon boat in the water the weather is supposed 2 be nice and warm this weekend, so we might have another go at it.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-12-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
What do you think the chances are that X-45 has been properly winterized? As in the water drained out of the motor.

I wonder if the block is cracked yet?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-12-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Looks like the tide went out

Really though, that sucks!
Old    walt            11-12-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
No worries Grant. That's one of them throw away boats.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-12-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
Hey, at least it wont sink over the winter... Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Are those rental docks? Not that I wouldn't check and pull my boat in those type of conditions, but if you pay for a slip you'd think the Marina or whoever would move the docks out.... Just a thought
Old     (hyperlite4life)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Tulloch is going to be nice for the winter. (only time its nice out there) our place lost all the water too
Old    nwwakerider            11-12-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
It makes me sick how people treat their expensive boats. My boat isnt much but I keep it in better shape than anyone elses boat I have ever been on. Last year at my college some guy had over a foot of snow on his Mobius for a couple months.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
I can't believe some guy took his EXT off-road.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
John: LOL I know If I would have had a Disel in that sucker I would have had the guts to go another 2 feet closer to the water.

I launched my boat later that day. The slope of the dirt into the water was so easy that I had to have the Esclade fully in the water to get the boat off the trailer. The front wheels were 6 feet off shore in the water. Yes I was nervous
imagin the picture that would have been sinking the slade LOL. Im happy to say it was no problem at all. Im sure if Esclade got stuck you could use the boat and trailer to push it back to saftey.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-12-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
Just in case the water comes back, it will be okay. Because it is still tied up to the dock!!!!
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
the bimini looks nice :-)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Grant the pic of you launching the nautique would have been cool to see. I don't know many people that would have put all four wheels in the water to a launch a boat. I am sure I don't know anyone that would do that to an Escalade. Your dedication is admirable.
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
I wonder if he had it trimmed up before the water went away? Maybe mother nature took care of it for him ;)
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-13-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
good time to clean up the trailer
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-13-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Salty: Thats exactley what Im doing. I got a spair trailer from Andreas and Im changing the carpet on the bunks and having some body work done on a fender and adding some LED's to the trailer Im gonna re pack my berrings ect just do a once over on the trailer. It's gonna be so much easyer/ nicer working on the trailer with the boat off.
Old     (nick_scorny)      Join Date: May 2007       11-13-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
I saw that boat the other weekend while pulling out some jet skis with Ricky Lopes. It was still barely in the water though. If that was my boat i'd be bummed
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-13-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Is that the Fireman Clay douched at the marina a couple years ago? Looks just as beat judging by the motor cover in disarray
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-14-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Grant, luckily the GM door seals are pretty good. I had to do the same thing at Shasta about 5 years ago with my, then new, Tahoe. I backed it in so far that I had to climb out the driver window to unhook the boat. The door seals didn't let any water in, and no trouble pulling it out of the water. It was quite a sight though, and I was nervous to say the least.
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-14-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Received this as an email today and thought it was pretty good...

How to Load a Boat onto a Pickup

1. Load up beer, 2-3 ice chests full
2. Relax, have beer.
3. Hook boat trailer up to truck
4. Drink lots of beer
5. Drive real fast
6. Hit light pole (needs to be a solid one)
7. Boat will load it self onto truck.
8. Relax, have another beer

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-14-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
Upload

Why is it almost always a Bayliner??? lol! ;)
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-14-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
1.) Start business rescuing grounded boats
2.) ...
3.) PROFIT!!!
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
Maybe this is how you winterize an I/O?