Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-24-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Help,
Need to here from x2 owners, I already have a rz2 and love it. just trading off last years for this years..
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
IMO, you are going to get better handling and a much better ride from the RZ2 while in rough water conditions. Not to mention the sellers market for boats is getting better by the week but trying to sell your RZ2, you will take a huge hit on it. If you want to go with the X2, why not wait for 2-3 years and then get into it?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-24-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
I'm not too sure that the rough water ride will be any better in the RZ2. I think both boats will be equal in that category. There are more factors to this. Is wakeboarding the primary goal, wakesurfing, or all around? I think that the X-2 will have better resale down the road, and I personally like the looks of the X-2 better.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
The RZ2 does weight more than the X2 which helps to create a smoother ride. Shawn, you do bring a good point about the other stuff. However, the resale value on Tige's are very good and hold up as well as the other top 3 brands IMO.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
The RZ2 weighs 400#'s more than the X2. My 07 X2 has an awesome rough water ride and never have had water over the bow even in bad waves. I like the looks of the X2 better as already stated.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Do you prefer to ride in rough water? Why would you buy a wakeboat for rough water? That's the only time we stay home.

"However, the resale value on Tige's are very good and hold up as well as the other top 3 brands IMO."

Is that your opinion, or fact? Hard to believe, but maybe it is true.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-24-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
I like when girls say "you have a mastercraft?, thats like the best boat you can buy, right?" Which I just reply by saying "yes it is the best, you are correct, now call a couple of your friends and i'll pick you guys up at the dock".

My friend who has an RZ2 always has to answer to people the same way, "Its a Tige, its one of the best boats, no for reals it is. I don't know why you haven't heard of it, but its a good boat, see it looks just like a mastercraft".

I know you shouldn't buy a boat based on what other people think, but I guess i'm a brand whore.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Yeah but those girls don't wakeboard. When it comes down to the wake, its the RZ2 between those two.

A Supra 21v is also a great boat in that same class for less money
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I havent been behind either one. However I heard you have to slam the SHAT out of the X2 to get a decent wake.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-24-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
ya but all the girls think its the best you can buy so that makes it the best right?

btw all the girls I know think nautiques are pretty damn good theres a reason we call my boat the beaver retriever.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
So he should trade in his RZ2 because the Mastercraft name is more well known?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
Mastercrafts are like Macanudo's everyone knows what they are but it sure as hell doesn't make them the best cigar's.

"What kind of cigar you smokin'? Is that a macanudo? I only smoke Macanudos" Thats because you don't know schitt about cigars.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
do you really know chicks that would look at two boats with equally good looking dudes and say "I'm getting in that boat because it's an MC instead of that one, what the hell is a tige?"

LAME argument.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
Golddiggers....
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
No kidding. But then again, I had guys & chicks blow me off in my MC205 numerous times. I had stripped all the MC decals off it for that clean look. Several times they would figure out what the boat was & come back askin for a ride. Guess the clean look was a boat whore repellent!
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-24-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
You could get more chicks in the RZ2 . After all it is 2' longer
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-24-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
You guys took what i said way too seriously. I was joking, didn't you see the smiley face at the end.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
mikey, you are supposed to use two smiley faces for sarcasm.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-24-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Wait now i'm confused am i really supposed to use two faces or are you being sarcastic right now? Oi vay, I'm not very good at the internet.

In all seriousness, some of the +'s of having an X2 is the snap on carpets(i don't think thats an option for the RZ2, i may be wrong), stock ballast tanks, easy storage being a 20'er, lighter so it gets better gas mileage, and smaller boats are supposed to handle better.

And oh yeah the most important reason, chicks like them better
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
If you are really wanting a 22 foot picklefork... wait for 09 models... there is a coupl of new ones coming out....
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-25-2008, 5:26 AM Reply   
If the RZ2 is a 22 foot boat, then the X-Star would be a better comparison. Nobody is going to tell me the RZ2 has a better wake than the X-Star.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-25-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
Nobody would tell you that an RZ2 has a better wake than a slammed x-star. Factory ballast only, debatable answer. For boat handling the RZ2 wins hands down over the x-pig. Why no tracking fins on x-2 or x-stars?
Old     (tx03gt)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-25-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
The X-star does have tracking fins
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-25-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
the Xstar has killer wake at 24mph or above. Anything less is a washed out mess. So RZ2 wins 23mph and below. Xstar 24 and above. I am sure i will get slammed for this fact, but i think the truth is understood. I do not have a lot of experience behind the X2, so sorry if the subject shifted.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-25-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Tracking fins are old school. The fins are really only needed for Slalom ski boats. They are there to help keep a ski boat traveling 36mph on course. If all the boat manufactures removed the fins from the v-drive boats no one would even miss them.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-25-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Tyler. Thanks, I stand corrected.

Old school? Sounds like a mc sales guide answer. My impression on driving the X-2 is how much it rolls into a turn compared to an RZ2. I realize that wakeboats do not need the precise steering of a ski boat but the fins still make a difference at lower speeds. My theory is that the few dollars saved on fins by the builder can be used to add more obvious bling somewhere else.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Have you guys driven an X-star? Have you ridden behing one properly weighted? The X-star is a rediculous boat. It handles extremely well, even when weighted. Our big block boat rips turns inside a Delta slough when weighted with 4k pounds like it's nothing. Far better than my old X2 and equally as good as my Sanger that was far smaller. They never chine lock..... Maybe you should drive one again.

As far as the RZ2 against the X2. Eh, it's up in the air. I'll go and say that I believe the RZ2 will have a better wake without spending much time tweaking it. The X2 wake can be made decent, though never as good as a X-star. In terms of boat build.... Drive them both loaded either with weight or people and you come back and tell me which the better boat is. The MC is rock solid, but I'll let you make up your mind.

If I were shopping in that size/price range I'd buy a X15. It's the sleeper in lineup. Wicked wake. Tons of space. It's a really nice boat.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-25-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
I have two boat lifts and had my 06 X2 and a friends 07 RZ2 on them for a while last year. Can't compare any better than that.

We had trouble with both boats getting their wakes optimal at first (compared to xstar - just fill up as much weight as possible in the normal places) but once weighted properly, both boats produced a terrific wake.

I do not like the speed control on the tige. You have to keep resetting it when you turn off the boat. That was a big experince detractor for me.

Tige seems to ride more like a caddy over the rough water, although both boats handled great in rough water. The X2 seems to have a sportier feel. Maybe do you want a Bently or a Ferrari? Both good, just different feels.

X2 wake was way better for surfing (unless they figured out a better way to weight it.) That seems to be a big differnce for me. Two biggest and best wakes I have ever surfed were X2 and a direct drive supra (forgot model.)

Other than those observations, I've got to think it will come down to personal opinion on interior feel, etc.

I liked both boats, but given the choice again, I'd get the X2.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-25-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Andrew, Bently everytime........

Good comparison, but to solve your problem with the Tige speed control, don't cut the boat off so much, why cut the boat off every 5 minutes.

Crammytime had good things to say 'bout the X2.

Having a BIG SALE on Saturday, come by the shop if you have a chance. Got some sweet stuff in stock.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
The comment on resale value is just as good as the top three is fact IMO. I am currently selling my 24Ve and in 1.5 years, I have lost $7k in value from what I bought it at. IMO, that is not bad at all.

Just because the Tige is heavier does not mean that the gas mileage is bad. The RZ2 will gets 6 gph on average.

Not starting a battle what-so-ever. But IMO, if you have the RZ2, you should keep it for a few more years before you decide to purchase another boat. The economy today is terrible and we can only guess what the boat prices will be tomorrow. IMO, better deals on boats are going to come. .02
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-25-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
I'd take a Ferrari over a bently anyday. Ask me again when I am 70 and I might change my mind
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-25-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
'I do not like the speed control on the tige. You have to keep resetting it when you turn off the boat. That was a big experince detractor for me.'

My buddy's 06 Tige does that and it is a real PIA. As I understand it, it is fixed on the later 07's and newer.

You generally ought to turn the boat off every time you switch riders. I don't love the smell of boat exhaust while putting on my bindings. On the 06 Tige, you then need to find the right speed all over again.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Tall, I agree and will add that the speed control is getting better and better each year.
Old    00wakesetter            04-25-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
just a corection: Cramms rz2 is an 08.
Old     (175xt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-25-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
The speed control on my 08 tige does NOT reset when you turn the boat off. That would suck!!!
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-25-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
Test drive them both and then report back your findings.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-25-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Tige speedset- As long as the rocker switch on the main panel is set to "on" you can turn the boat off as many times as you want and the speed set will stay set to the last speed.

At least for 07 and 08.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-25-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Kyle "SHREDDINTON" Cramm's RZ2 is SICK, it is an '08, and I am going to SHRED probably half of my face off behind it this weekend........
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
David B

What are you refering to when you say top three?
1) CC
2)Everybody else
3)SC
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
"The comment on resale value is just as good as the top three is fact IMO. I am currently selling my 24Ve and in 1.5 years, I have lost $7k in value from what I bought it at. IMO, that is not bad at all. "

How do you know you haven't sold it yet. People rarely get their asking price, you might be surprised.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
AzWakeBrdr540, "beaver retriever"...Thats a great name for your boat.

ANAL dine, I am looking at the same two boats.Some good info on this thread, still I am torn.
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
I love the RZ2 I have now, Just like the looks of the X2 Cabin better....

But all in all, the Rz2 is probaly the way im going again, The stand up ballast tanks are cool. And I have never had to return it to the dealer for anything...
As a matter of fact I never had to return the Tige I had before this one for anything either..

Have not even thought about that.

I think I just answered my own question..

Thanks guys.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
We haven't had to return our X2 to the dealer for anything...it has been fantastic. The cabin is great for lots of people, the fully weighted surf wake is insane. It comes down to personal preference, we like the MC's.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Andrew,

06 Accu-set and 07 Speed-set are worlds apart. This feature was addressed and fixed.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-25-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
For the love of God their both sick boats that are more than capable of throwing a nice wake, both well built and very desirable. Buy the one that looks better!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
Nu Bu,

Yes, you are right, I have not sold it yet nor has there been good weather that would promote sales. I have had 8 people looking into the 24Ve so far and not one has told the dealer that the price is too high. Out of the 8, 2 are very interested in it and continue to ask questions.

Again, IMO the boat has held up well to the original purchase price and the retail value has been fine.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-28-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
IF IT AINT A TIGE SINK IT!!j/K Drive them both and compare then figure out how much cash you will have left when you buy the RZ2 (a BUNCH) buy the wife something nice (that always helps)you will have enough coin left over to pay for your gas for the whole summer easy. bottom line i have been in both Tiges ride and handle better. tiges get MUCH better fuel economy. wakes are even.I will take the Tige and all the extra cash all day every day. good luck
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-29-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
tige peeps - thanks for clarifying and glad it is fixed. I generally turn off the boat between sets - less gas, less fumes, more relaxed feel.

ANAL dine - I think you gotta drive em / ride em both. It's your money not ours.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hate

I have to say I just about pissed myself at your answer. He is right buy the best looking one!! hahah