Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-11-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Anybody on here sell there house with out a realtor. My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new house and are wanting to get rid of our town house. I bought the town house before the big crash so if I sold it for what I owe on it I wouldn't be to upset. Because of this margin I don't think I could sell it plus the realtor comission and still come out ahead. If I can't sell it I would just rent it because the bank did approve us to keep the condo and buy a new house. Just looking for what I need to do to sell a house by owner.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-11-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
I sold my house myself, but that was in 1986. Been in my present house since then. Back then we had a House Trader magazine. Sold it in 4 days.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
youre saving 3% by selling it yourself...maybe less.

you are still going to have to pay the buyer's agent.

I tried it....couldn't get it sold. Ended up paying a realtor.....pissed me off to have to pay realtors close to 30k in fees.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-14-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Adam, if they do not agree to pay a buyers agent, then it my understanding that they won't.

You can do it, just be sure to do some research about certain disclosures you need(lead based paint etc....) You can get a contract at a title company(or lawyer). Make sure you get earnest money in escrow at the time a contract is signed. It will be harder because you won't have the home advertised as well, but it can be done.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-16-2013, 6:11 AM Reply   
Sold mine on Craigslist in like 12 hours. Had a lawyer draw up a simple contract for like $400 and the buyer and I arranged the specifics (title, closing, insepction etc). Saved 6%, gave him a better deal. Closed 13 days to the hour after I posted it on Craigslist. We had no problems.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-16-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
JD

Thats what I wanted to here, So did you just call up a lawyer and tell them you where selling your house by owner and need a contract drawn up?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-16-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
FYI, a title company will have a standard contract that will cover everything and save you $$. If anything get one and have a lawyer look over it. It will be cheaper than having them start(or make you think they did) from scratch.