Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-04-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Couple of guys over on Planet Nautique have pictures of the new Nautique 236 but won't post them yet. There are even specs listed. There is one in Texas somewhere. Can anyone post some pics of this new baby?????
Old    K.B.C.            08-04-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
there is quite a bit of gossip going on over there. It also appears that the legendary 210 is being discontinued/redisigned.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
210 gone?
What?
I would find that hard to believe.....

Who knows, maybe they will put a picklefork on it haha.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-04-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
210...gone? wakeboarder.com will probably shut down, they all praise the 210 over there like its the only boat that can throw a wake.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-04-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
From what I understand, this has nothing to do with the 210 going away or staying. Like you said, the 210 is "Godlike" in the wakeboard world. I sure there will be tears flowin' if it goes away!!! The 236 is just an upgrade to the 226 to compete with the Big Bu 247 and Mastercraft 280's. 25 feet long with the platform. I just talked to my dad who was over at my dealer yesterday. He said my salesman showed him a picture/sketch of it on his computer. He said the boat looks awesome. It's out there somewhere - I was just curious if there are more pictures available.
Old    K.B.C.            08-05-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
it's not gone, but it's being redesigned. New hull, wider beam. Supposedly will have two seating options, standard v-drive layout and the 220 layout.
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
IMO the 220 layout is hideous
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-05-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Tige has the best selling inboard boat over 23 feet.

I think that is a good direction for nautique to go. The 226 seemed like it would compete because it is bigger than the 210, but once you've been in a tige 24V or malibu 247, it seems small. It will be exciting to see what they come up with (and if it will go for 100K).
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
The 220 layout is someone trying to be too creative. They should have stuck with the old traditional layout, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Redesigning the 210 is dumb, the wake is amazing. Oh well, it will just raise the value of the old 210.
Old     (fbi)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
you guys are a trip. last year when they didn't redesign it, you couldn't understand why someone would pay $60k for old technology. Now you want to knock it when they actually do it.

Go Figure...........
Old    bocephus            08-06-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
When the "old technology" is still the best out there why change it? I hope they change the 210 drastically so my '06 will be in demand when I trade up. Although, I have trouble just finding a third sometimes, I can't imagine how much trouble we are going to have finding another 12...LOL!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-06-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Tige has the best selling wakeboat over 23'? I'm not doubting it, just questioning it. Does anyone have the sales figures on how many Tige has sold last year and the year before? Skiers Choice sells alot of Supra 24SSV's and Moomba sells alot of XLV's. Just curious. Again, it could be true, just wondering.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-07-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
If they would jus keep the 210 hull the same and increase the interior space by redesigning the deck, I would buy one in a second.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics
Upload
Upload

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
More

Upload
Upload

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
more

Upload
Upload
Upload

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Last ones

Upload
Upload

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
The exterior looks great. The dash is horrible and the interior looks like a jungle gym. Man o man, the CC peaked with the 03 SANTE and its been all down hill since.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
I like the new tower, the rest is just noise to me.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
One more
Upload

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old    bigrich            08-07-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Not bashing but looks like milk crates would be more comfortable than the back seats.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting pics Chris..
At first glance, I like the looks of this alot better than the 226. The tower looks like it was designed to fit the boat..
I wonder if the redesigned 210 will have the same look?
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
It looks alright. Definately better than the 220. I'm not sure about the dash yet it looks like it sticks out alot and, the pic is a little too dark. The tower definately looks better than the one that they put on some of the 06 boats.

I also love the idea with the ice chest on the back by the swim platform and steps! no more crawling back into the boat.

now for some wake pics
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
is that a diaper changing station on the port side?! ;)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
atleast theres a new tower. its still the ugliest but its a huge improvement!
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
yikes... that dash is.... interesting...
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-07-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting the pics Wakejunky. I also just had them emailed from my dealer today. Same set of pictures. It's definetly got some pluses and minuses. As a 226 owner, I like the side profile of the 236 just a hair more, the tower fits the window well, but I really like my existing '05 tower. The cooler would be nice on the back. Pretty soon we will be able to control the volume, plug in an Ipod, get a drink, and microwave lunch all from the platform!!!! My dealer says they have one coming in soon. I'll post some picture when it gets here if anyone is interested.

Ken
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2006, 1:43 AM Reply   
Why does Nautique insist on making its boats ugly?

...and why does the interior look like torture to sit it?

...and why does the dash look like it belongs in an H2??

I applaud Nautique for staying true to the direction they have always set, but it reaches the point when I cry out:
"NAUTIQUE, I WANT TO LOVE YOU, BUT I CANNOT SACRIFICE BOTH MY COMFORT AND AESTHETICS FOR YOU!!

YOU USED TO BE BEAUTIFUL AND SIMPLE. NOW YOU ARE OVERLY FUNCTIONAL, CONFIGURABLE, AND UGLY.

WHY HAVE THE PEOPLE OF THE MARKET FORCED YOU TO CHANGE?? YOU DID WHAT YOU DID SO WELL..."

...I still hold out hope for Nautique.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
The walk thru transom thingee and steps are kinda cool. Nice open bow and the tower looks better than last year's 210/220 monkeybars.
The interior is clusterfvck clutterville.
Old    bocephus            08-08-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
How about some pictures of the new 210 PLEASE!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
236.......ewwwwwwww.

i try, i mean, i REALLY try to like the new nautiques, but they keep making the ugliest boats on the water. they make EXTREMELY high quality boats, but c'mon guys, you'retrying WAAAYY too hard. my $0.02.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-08-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
This thread would be remiss unless someone pointed out that the back storage compartments are clearly Tige's idea. They come from the Ve series. They are a huge hit and Nautique is smart to have put something for storage there on the transom, just like Tige is smart to make a pickle fork boat.
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-08-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
do you realize that correct craft is a bunch of ex waterskiers so you cant blame them for not being able to make something that boarders dig. The 210 was complete luck. I guess you dont get lucky twice in this business!
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Im so happy my 06 is going to be worth so much more now that this boat is out.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2006, 11:45 PM Reply   
Looks like a Disney ride from Epcot or some kind of thing from Star Trek. Definitely interesting... though you can't beat the 210
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
I can't tell if it still has the clamshell seat.

I like some of it but there appears to be a lot of parts and a lot of nooks and crannies.

Generally, I prefer simplicity.

Will reserve judgment for a hands on review.

So, hows the wake? Better be good.
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Umm, what happen to this boat. It almost seems that somebody was mad at somebody when the did the interior styling. Looks like somebody had a blast from the past and decided to go 70's inside. Hopefully this will not stay this way for long......
Old    bocephus            08-09-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
I like it. Just because it looks functional doesn't mean it is going to be bad. Have any of you guys ever been on a 220? I seriously doubt it, and if you have I doubt you spent the day on the boat.

I hope there is one thing that we can all agree on, it's a flippin' Correct Craft, it can't be all that bad.

Last, but not least, for all of you fools who say the 210 was an accident or luck, I think it's pretty funny that a company can get lucky and build what is argueably the best wake ever and every other manufacturer is still trying to live up to it. You don't like the vert wake because your brand X boat doesn't have it...

Oh ya, I'm a little biased...LOL!
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-09-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
I'm glad they brought back the stadium seating on the 236 and 220. Not sure why didn't at least have it as an option for the 210.
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Bo,

A little biased? You have every right to be. You're wake is still kicking my @ss! Any chance of getting the MB back? It was easier on my head!

JK Lantz
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
It looks like someone puked hunch-punch all over the dash.....Other than that it looks pretty good, and we all know it will probably drive great.
Old    bocephus            08-09-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey Lantz,
Do you have my new spinner board racks finished yet? What about tonight, Saguaro?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
that transon is atrocious. waaaay too cluttered. my favorite is the coller back there. it's a good idea in theory, and that where it ends. try, just try to keep iceback there all day. good luck.
Old    bocephus            08-09-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
That's simple Mad Child - use Techni-ice!

http://www.techniice.net/

it works! You can buy it on eBay for dirt cheap some times!
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Bo,

Spinner board racks are still in the design stage. My buddy is actually coming up with his own... Long story omitted. How about Saquaro tomorrow? You got your new 236 yet?
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
I am stereo typing, but to start, I read these threads all the time and usually enjoy all opinions. But for Christ's sake, most of you are Flippin' crybabies just wanting to post your pathetic opinion about what's wrong with every new design these boat manufacturers are trying to put out to the market. Every flippin' thread about any manufacturers design (MB, SUPRA, Now Nautique) ends up being 200+ threads long bashing Attempts at new development. Is this what Wakebaorders have become? I remember in the 80's strapping ski bindings to Knee boards and putting a surf skag on the back, just trying to do something different. It was fun, I didn't get lambashed for it from fellow skiers or riders and that is how the sport began in the early days. Now it seems most of you want a perfect boat, but YOU don't even know what it is yourself. Bitch Bitch Bitch, all the time. Go back to work at your jobs and be productive at something in your lives.
I don't Particularly like all of the new ideas about any one boat, but you take the good with the bad and the industry learns from it. If it works, then it stays in production for a while, if it doesn't, they come up with something new. Get a life or go wakeboarding and stay off the computer. I thought the whole reason Wakeworld came up with this discussion board in the first place was to share ideas and help one another. The longer this discussion board has been on-line, the more bitching, complaining and badtalking goes on. Try to be more compassionate
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
Chris,

THanks for your thoughts, some people have been dramatic in their criticisms lately.

You said: "I don't Particularly like all of the new ideas about any one boat, but you take the good with the bad and the industry learns from it."

How is the industry supposed to learn from it? Forums like these help to teach boatmakers what we are looking for.
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
They learn from cold hard facts. How is their product selling in the marketplace. That is how any good company learns things. Why do you think that Mastercraft has kept the hull mold for the 205 model going for the last 10+ years. They probably have thought about designing something elsemany times, but their sales on that mold design (205, old x-star, x-2, now x-1) are still at acceptable levels to them. So they keep it around, throw some new paint/name/additions/bling/whatever and keep it in the marketplace because it continues to sell. IF Tige' for example sees that their new pickle fork isn't selling, then guess what? They scrap that idea quickly and look for something else that will sell and gain them marketshare. If it sells well, then they will keep it around for however long they can stay profitable. These companies have core test groups they get direction/ideas from on what a boat should be and what the demand is out their in the real world from wakeboard boat buyers. If MB and tige' decided to make a pickle fork, it is because there was interest and demand from their customers and Polling group, not just because mastercraft had one. Of course they take mastercrafts sales into account, and want marketshare, like any good company does. If people wanted the storage areas near the transom like Tige' has on some of their models, other companies are going to follow suit. I just think it is ridiculous to think that one company should only have one specific design and that other companies aren't going to look at it and think about how they can incorporate it into their design philosophy as well. If that were the case, there would be only one car manufacturer on the road with seat belts, and one manufacturer with Air bags. They all steal ideas, and it benefits us the buying community. We should congratulate these companies, not just bash them for trying to conform to our (the buyers) standards, and offer us what we are asking for. I appluad them for not building the same boring boat over and over year in and year out, and instead, trying some new ideas regardless if we like them or not. I wouldn't want to be driving a 2007 16 1/2' Correct craft Mustang that's base design was in 1968, just because they didn't try something new. If we don't like it, we don't buy it. It's that simple. I am just tired of the complainers, and I know, I have the right not to come onto this site and read these threads, and to do something else. If this is how wakeworld is going to be, then I might just do that in the near future. I personally look forward to seeing new boats and ideas on this site.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-10-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris, great post. Upload
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-10-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
the new 210 will be a small 220 and the 236 will be more geared towards the skiers like the 211. ... glad i got my 06 210, for now at least, ill wait till i actually see it in person to make my final decision.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-11-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Good Post Chris. I agree on most of your thoughts.

But I think a simpler way to look at it, and maybe it's just me but:
I have always been around boats. I've liked Nautiques, Mastercrafts, Malibu, etc, both wakeboard and ski boats since I was in high school 23 years ago. I think I know what a cool boat looks like. I bought a 2000 Nautique Super Air. Loved the boat. Cool look, great lines, colors, awesome performance. I traded it in on an '05 226. Also a good looking/functional family boat for what I need at this point in my life. (My wife hated the walkthrough when she saw it - actually used it a few times and said - Hey - this is really cool!) I am not afraid of change or innovation and gladly welcome cool new things - - but why are some of these companies moving BACKWARDS in the looks department. It's like we woke up one morning and someone waved an UGLY Tower wand and look what has happened to alot of the brand's towers. Same thing with the color options. I don't want the "bottom paint" look on a Nautique. What is happening?? I've seen a little bit of this occurring with the full size truck market. Come on!!!! with some of the headlight/grill designs. You've got to be kidding. Don't keep throwing UGLY at us and keep thinking we'll "Get used to it after awhile". If it looks like poop, smells like poop, guess what....

Later,
Ken
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
I'm totally with Ken on this one. Innovation is great and I like some of the 236 but the dash is the hugest step backwards I have ever seen Nautique take. What's been so awesome about Nautiques is the dash seems to flow from the hull and it looks less like a hull with a place tacked on for the steering wheel. The second I saw it I thought it looked like something from Night Rider. It even looks more dated than that, like the dash from a 70's Ford sedan.

Ken, I don't know if you're referring to the Chevy full sized but I still can't figure out how anyone thinks that front end looks good.

And Chris, I have a great life. I board 4 times a week and I very much care about the aesthetics of boats. If there's a message forum for me to post on then I'll let my opinions known.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
I remember the same comments about the new x-star dash when it first came out.. Now everyone seems to like it...
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
tom, don't make generalizations. to me, that dash is still as hideous as it was when it first debuted.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
Tom, I'm in the same group as Mad Child. the X-Star dash looks as Buck Rogers as when it first debuted.

No grand sweeping change of aesthetics could make me think that the 236 dash looks like anything more than an unimaginative eyesore.
Old    bigwht220            08-22-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Fellas this is not nautique's flag ship wake boat. It is for family guy dreaming of the days when he was hangin with his bros on his 210. It seems the feed back was people wanted a bigger 211 and thats what they got!