Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Just curious as to who has tried the new Helium Wake TCH 2 Dragon or Collin Wright series handles.
I am looking to get one but want some feedback if anybody has used them.

Please no responces about any other handles. Like " You should try this or try that".

I am only lookinmg for info on these handles. Thanks
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
i use the blue gripped cw helium and i really like it ..everybody who uses it has positive things to say about it....its a nice size ,easy on the hands but grippy enough to pull out the sketchy landings...

Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
I really liked the Collin. It felt real natural in my hands.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-04-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
i bought a 15" dragon handle yesterday at performance. i looked at the 17" handle and thought, if i cant pull the tricks i want to on a 15" handle, then i cant pull the trick! to me, the 17" just looked HUGE. maybe a little too big. thats just my thought on it
used it for the first time today
it felt good in my hand except, like my old handle (lf watson), when it dried out from me not falling too often, it starts to hurt a little.
overall, i like it. i was going to buy a carbon handle, but i have younger siblings that will use the handle, and they constantly drop it on the back of the boat (which could make the carbon shatter) or they let it hit the board. and i didnt feel like shelling out $120 for something that my siblings would break within a few months!!!

hope this helps your decision!
but whatever you do, if it is at all possible, do not buy a handle online, at least try it out in a store first. then, when you make your decision, you wont shell out all that money on something that doesnt feel right in your hands!!!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
I have the 17 Dragon...Yeah it's huge but I drive Semi's so I guess I need a bigger wheel...LOL I like the fact that the handle is fatter than alot of others. I have only ridden it a couple times but like it so far!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was looking for.

SAM,
That is why I am buying this instead of a Carbon as well. I have 3 kids and the handle always seems to bang against the boat .
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-04-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
i ride the collin write handle it is awesome! nice feel.