Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
Here are a few short sets of me from this past weekend. Please feel free to give me any critique or pointers you may have. I have been up on the board for a few weeks on rode a handful of time since I started.

This was the first time I crossed the wake TS, but was unable to ride switch very well which I have done before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmMjucApCiM
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-22-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
speed up a bit and you should get a much cleaner wake and looks like you have too much weight on one side
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Make it available on mobile dude
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardmatt View Post
Make it available on mobile dude
How do I do that? I looked through my options and didn't see anything about mobile.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGZ...e_gdata_player
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-22-2013, 9:18 PM Reply   
Use a wakeboard grip on the handle.Both hands should be over the top of the handle.Not a ski grip,one over one under.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-23-2013, 3:53 AM Reply   
Your waist is bent. Push your hips forward to lock your waist.You should have a straight line from your knees to your shoulders. Don't pull with your arms.Lean against the line like a tug-o-war.As mentioned above grip with both hands over the top and close together.Remember you go where your pulled so the handle makes you rotate.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-23-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Never, ever, let youtube "fix your shaky video".
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
Never, ever, let youtube "fix your shaky video".
I just seen how bad that made it look and changed it back. I thought it might compensate for my boy moving all over the place, but it made it worse!
Old     (dhyams)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-31-2013, 6:48 AM Reply   
Distribute your weight 50/50; you're very back leg heavy, which you'll notice makes your nose pop up and down sometimes, and hurts your edging. It also kills your rear quad muscle and makes you tired.

Don't bend at the waist. Your arms should be extended, and then bring your hip close to the handle (*not* your handle to the hip).

On your surface 180's...practice good lean position on a frontside slide first. To get into a frontside slide, scrape your rear heel across the water until you are in the slide. Hold the slide. If you start to drift left, scrape your right foot farther forward. And vice versa. *Your arms should always be extended and the handle should be over your feet during the slide*. Your knees should be slightly bent (soft).

Once you get comfortable with the slide, then just slide to switch, and there's your surface 180, all done with the correct lean away from the boat.

And fix your grip. Always palms down when wakeboarding, handle level with water when in regular riding position.

Last edited by dhyams; 07-31-2013 at 6:51 AM. Reason: added one more comment
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-31-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Riding switch is just practice, do it all the time. You'll get more comfortable fast. A ski grip is cool for getting up, edging, etc, but you want a solid overhand grip for jumping. Like everyone is saying, straight back! That will improve your riding the most
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-31-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I rode a little last weekend but the video was crap so I didn't post it. I mostly just worked on edging back and forth outside the wake and then across the wake. I feel like I am having trouble getting my board into a slide, maybe because I am back foot heavy?