Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-16-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
So I'm relatively new to wakeboarding but I got the bug. I gotta few boards. I can almost clear the wake on my 97 ski brendella pro comp (I know ski boat) I can ride long and short wake surf boards. I thought I'd try a wake skate. bought one on ebay but in the confusion of hurrying to get tgeboard in the truck I lost a fin. It's a two inch fin with two tabs that fit in the board with a screw. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Also how do you get up on one?? Like a wake surf or do you have to hold the board with one hand
?

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
for fins id shoot the manufacturer an email, i havent tried finding fins for boards or skates in a long time, might check around online.
-somebody on here will be much more help than me haha

Getting up, get the boat in gear so you can get the board sticking to your feet, then get up just like you would on a wakeboard. soooo just like a wakesurf haha
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-16-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
I'll try emailing hyperlite tomorrow. Couldn't find that kind online.

So basically drive till you have pressure then gun it until I can turn it up and stand up? Should I use a shorter rope than I do boarding?
Old     (kmehrkens)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-16-2013, 10:26 PM Reply   
Get a longer, more shallow fin if you are going to stick with fins. You'll be happier without that deep fin anyway. And those older fins might be tough to find because they use only one bolt in the middle. You can get around that by getting a newer two-bolt fin and fully drilling out the recessed holes and using bolts there instead, leaving the current bolt hole unused. Some newer fins have wider spacing between holes, and the old ones were a little closer together.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-17-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmehrkens View Post
Get a longer, more shallow fin if you are going to stick with fins. You'll be happier without that deep fin anyway. And those older fins might be tough to find because they use only one bolt in the middle. You can get around that by getting a newer two-bolt fin and fully drilling out the recessed holes and using bolts there instead, leaving the current bolt hole unused. Some newer fins have wider spacing between holes, and the old ones were a little closer together.
I'm still new to wakeboarding and have never wake skated so I thought a bigger fin might be better. But if I can't find it ill look into that
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-20-2013, 4:13 PM Reply   
Got em today and they fit perfect. Thanks Jesse! This is why I only ride hyperlite
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-20-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
fins4sale.com