Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-01-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
I'm trying to come up with a comprehensive list of wakesurf board manufacturers for our Riders Choice awards, but it's a little tough because that are so many one-off garage manufacturers and so many cross-over surf company manufacturers. Anyway, can you list the companies you think should be in the running for Wakesurf Board of the year? Thanks.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Walker
Inand
Shred Stixx
Props
Stretch
Placebo
Smed
Distortion
Shapiro
Endless Break
Phase 5
Fishsticks
Outlaw Surf Design
Lake Wakes
Shoreline
Triple X
Victoria

Ronix
CWB
Hyperlite
Liquid Force
OBrien

I'm sure I left someone out. But I thinkthat list about sums it up for those selling boards

I'm not sure how you'll determine who is in the running
Old    mobster            08-01-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
you forget The MoB Rock Board'sUpload
Upload
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yes I did, I thought I had put it up there. Thanks for catching it JL

Also forgot

Asylum
Crowley
Cabezas (Is he still selling boards?)
9 Fish (Are they still around?)
Old    mobster            08-01-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
The Wake Wharf In Branson Missouri is our Midwest Dealership
Old    mobster            08-01-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
Cabezas Is shaping & selling Board's Out of their factory in Chile
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-01-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
Calibrated. (There is still a pulse.)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Well the one-off garage manufacturers and cross-over surf company manufacturers are WAY more legitimate than the wakeboard manufacturers who make boards that just barely work. IMO Hyperlite, CWB, Ronix,Liquid Force and O'Brian do not belong on that list. The best thing they can do for the sport is stop making boards if that's what they're going to bring to the table.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on August 02, 2009)
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-02-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Well said Wardo! Well said. I feel the same way about the boards they (the wakeboard co's) make, but seeing as they sell boards, I felt inclined to list them. I definitely don't feel they should be in any running for a board award
Old    mobster            08-02-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
We got some Board's from some Wake Board company's and found that they sell some low tech board's from China that's for sure .Progression & innovation come from great mind's not Big profit hunter's
Old     (agenda_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-02-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Please add! AGENDA....we'll be launching our USA made boards this spring...Got some crazy stuff in the works it'll up ante for sure!

www.agendawake.com

Agenda Crew
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Don't forget Surfdad Surfboards, best technological sticks around!
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
MoB Rock Board is sweet, is anybody riding it?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2009, 8:31 PM Reply   
I'll put a first timer on a HL Broadcast before any other board. Is that ligit or not?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
How about related companies like Fresh Air Exhaust? They don't make boards but FAE is all about surfing.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Larry Mann has a new offering "asylum boardz". He donated two to the 2009 National Wakesurf Championship.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
Any board that you outgrow the 3rd time you ride is not what I consider a legitimate board and definitely should not be considered for wakesurfboard of the year. IMO that is an insult
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
wardovision, but you know it will probably win because thats what most of the wakeworlders own.

just like in best wakeskate a hyperlite board always wins but no wakeskaters will ride hyperlite skates.