Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-23-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
All right, i meant to get around to this earlier, but better late than never.

I have family just outside of oklahoma city, so while i was there, i figured i would go check on the progress of the new cable.

When i pulled up to COW-C, they had just closed, and we saw a lady walking outside. I went up and asked her about the cable, and she informed us that it was actually up and working just within the past few days. She was EXTREMELY helpful (though her name escapes me), and opened back up the shop just to show us around and look at the cable.

So the next day i grab my boards and decide to head down there to see what's up. Since it was the first weekend that it was open, there were not many obstacles, but they had floated out a "no-wake" buoy into the middle of the cable for our entertainment. When i showed up, there were only about 5-6 people on the whole lake. I couldn't have picked a better day to take my first swing at cable riding.

The owner of the shop saw that buisness was slow, and came out to wakeskate with us. The operator, shop owner (daniel trotter i think?) and locals were EXTREMELY helpful, and more than willing to show me what to do and when. I was very impressed by their friendliness, and the laid back "lets chill and enjoy the lake" attitude they shared. it felt like hanging out with my regular crew for a day on the boat.

By the end of the day, i had taken some gnarly falls, and enjoyed one of the best days i can remember having on the lake in a loooong time.

I highly recommend COW-C, and thank them for everything they did to make my session more fun, i cant wait to return next year.