Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    deckdots            11-09-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
Hello, I was wondering if I listed some Carbon Fiber Transom Savers on EBay if anyone would be interested. Starting price would be 69.95 + shipping. The measurements would be 4"x60" with a 3M Self adhesive backing. Just Peel and Stick.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-09-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
do you have a picture? Someone is currently selling clear ones now.
Old    deckdots            11-09-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Sorry, no picture on a boat yet.
Old    deckdots            11-09-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Check out http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/0a/9b/1f_0.JPG
Old    deckdots            11-09-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Sorry, here is a larger picture.
http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/0a/9b/1f_1.JPG
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-09-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber on the outside of my boat. I don't think it would work to well with my colors. Just my opinion.
Old    deckdots            11-09-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Adam, Thanks for your input.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-09-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
just because wakeworlders wont buy it, doesnt mean ebayers wont. not trying to encourage you to decept anybody, but you know there are some wally's out there that see a CHEAP wakeboard handle and think to themselves..... hmmmm, 10 bucks, thats an awesome deal. and then they buy it.

so, not saying yours is cheap/expensive, bad/good, right/wrong, etc, i am just saying if you are looking to sell them, with the right description, i bet you could. just a thought.
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
how bout a link to the auction. I even searched...
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
It's not a bad idea, but it needs some work. My advice would be to offer custom cutout shapes for specific boats (Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique, Supra, etc...) so that they look nice and are easy to apply.

For the record, I use a canvas transom saver so I don't need a new one. However, I would consider this if it was custom fit to my boat and maybe had a nice logo or clear coat over the carbon fiber so it looked like a part of the boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
You can get carbon fiber in diffrent color weave's Red Yelow Blue Green and Silver. I love carbon fiber but I wouldnt put a black stip of it on the outside of the boat, If I had a black boat yes it would be cool. I know its a pain in the A$$ but if you offerd colors then it might appeal to more people.

BTW If your into making trim peices or a diffrent transome saver I have seen sheets of finished carbon fiber the same thickness seen above at Tap Plastic's for $75. Im guessing you could make a few transom savers and some dash peices with one sheet
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-10-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
i would buy but price is too high.. like way to high
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Ron, just ot let you knwo, the ones currently being sold (clear 3M ) on ebay are $25 plus a few bucks for shipping.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
I agree the price seems steep. My local dealer sells canvas transom savers with a nice Malibu logo and attachment clasps for $50.
Old    deckdots            11-11-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
Thank you all for your input. The thing that bumps up the price is the 3M adhesive and to have it laminated. I will check out Tap Plastics and see if they include the 3M or not. I just thought 69.95 was fair to hide those nicks and chips or to protect them from happening in the first place. I assume it would run about 350.00-500.00 to have the hardware removed from the transom,featheredge and prep the nicks and refinished. Once again, thank you all and will consider all your feedback.