Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Whats the deal with the freakin wind here this summer?! Its killin me. dont think im gonna go out today because of it
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
wind all day today, and tomorrow. If there was one type of weather I hate more than anything....itd be wind.

End rant.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
IDK know how you peeps ever ride out west. A calm day in SW is a windy day here in SE. Hope the wind farms don't max out all summer for you.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
wind died down
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
i hear you man! its the worst. today wasnt bad.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
Yea, was way surprised how much it died down. little gusty at times but for the most part was solid. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little windier, hoping it dies down the same.

What lake were you at?
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2010, 12:35 AM Reply   
You know why it's windy in Arizona? Because New Mexico sucks and California blows!

...Sorry for the dumb joke, I heard that awhile back and it seamed appropriate for this topic
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-09-2010, 6:12 AM Reply   
I hope there is no wind or rain today. I am going to Saguaro this afternoon.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Hahaha Jon, always room for a dumb joke!!

Brian I should be out there, should be leavin in an hour or so. We'll be the ones in the red tige, with the red cap, surfing all day. Gonna be teaching my buddy to pull me today. What boat are you in?

Wind doesnt look to bad right now, wouldnt mind some rain tho, typically keeps everyone away
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-12-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
Joey was it you and two others and that was it? We were in a white with Red accents Tige with a red tower. But we were surfing right by another boat and it was the only other boat we saw surfing. but I can't remember what type of boat it was.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
Yea that was us, all red tige (cap and sides, white bottom), lots of ballast (just added a 1100# in each locker, with the silver tower. 2 boards on the racks and one up front. I was wavin to every tige we saw thinkin it was you guys haha.

We only surf, dont even take a wakeboard out there any more.
Will be out there this afternoon too.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Heres the setup, look familiar haha, Im pretty sure I saw you guys out there that day, just wasnt positive it was you.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-12-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Yup, that was us. Ya that was the first day we have had anyone with us that is actually good at wakesurfing so he was trying to teach us. It is only our third time trying for our usual crew. Can't seem to find the sweet spot yet to let the rope go and ride it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2010, 11:14 PM Reply   
Right on man, are you running any ballast? Surfing is seriously a blast, next time you see us out there wave us down! Would love to lend a hand and get you guys free riding.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-13-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Ya definitely man. I love it but just haven't got to the free riding yet. As for ballast....we have a 400# sack and that is it. So we are just starting to experiment with that and placement. Any suggestions for the TIGE on where to place it, or how we should weight to get a good wave?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
We have an 1100# in the surf side, 2 150# in the bow, and 4 7 gal jugs of water that weight about 270# combined the we will move around depending on people weight we have.

I would start by keeping the sack in the surf side locker, fill it all the way, and make sure you have people all on one side. with that weight 10.5-10.7 should be solid depending on your taps setting, try in the range of 4-6. should give you the cleanest face.

Weight up front adds length to the pocket, weight in back adds height to the lip.