Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-08-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
My parents own a mastercraft X-Star and I can jump really high on it, but i cant do 180's because i ride gooffy and i cant land regular for some reason. What should i do?
Old                08-09-2004, 5:17 AM Reply   
the first thing you should do, is learn ride switch!!

this is the most importent thing, when you want to learn a 180 ;-)!!

greets
Old                09-08-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
fabs right but you dont need to know how to ride switch great you just have to not fall that way. when you do the 180 what i used to have trouble with is under rotating and slip out. just rotate a full 180 and put your weight on your toes and think of riding away
Old                09-08-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
practice switch by getting up switch or doing a surface 180. ts 180s are easier to land because you ride away hs switch where hs 180s you ride away ts switch which is much harder at first for most people
Old                09-17-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Definately recommend ts fs 1's first. I got those alsmost immediately. The real trick to riding switch away from a trick is to case the first few times so that you can concentrate on keeping the board straigth, and leaning back with both legs bent.

big question though: now that you're switch, what do you do? I recommend either a surface 180 or hs half cab. both are relatively simple...just ride for a while to get used to switch though. hop 180's are fun too though, and not that hard. Just don't pull the handle too close, or you won't have anything to hold you up.

good luck with that.
Old                09-17-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
if u wanna land a 180, do it starting switch (regular for u) and just cut really hard and try to go big cause the landing will be no problem. but u should definately ride switch and learn to land some 1s that way too.
Old                02-04-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
Heyy i jus learnt 180's this year n i was horrible at ridding switch...mi coach told me ta start riding switch for 15 min a day...i practiced fer a week n now i can ride regular as good as goofy!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-15-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
The thing that advanced me the most in riding a ts fs 180 away was not looking down at the board. look towards the shore or the direction your riding to it helps balance you out. As soon as I look down on landing I crash.