Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
im thinking about getting a board for rails that isnt going to fall apart and im looking for something with jib ribs so the i dont realy care what company just lookin for something else to ride
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-23-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
i got some old sliders boards if you want...what size do you want?

i would suggest something with molded fins, and not use fins, cause they break... let me know
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-23-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
LF is bringing out a new Grind this year - it's the substance shape with a P-tex base, which stands up really well on sliders.
I have one of the old LF grinds as my slider board and it's lasted really well. I think I'll upgrade to one of the new ones when I can - not because I need to, but just because the substance shape is a lot more user friendly than what I have now!
I've seen a few of the new ones in action at cable parks here in aus and they're a really nice looking board!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-23-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
new schnitzel if you can get a hold of one. They're built for cable and rails
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-23-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
Premier is jib based board.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2007, 3:46 AM Reply   
mjw i was lookin for something thats anywhere from a 135 to 142
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Try lookin in Slingshot's direction. The slingshot boards were designed for pretty much all conditions... an All Terrain Board. They are completely void of channels to get hung up on with exception of four removable fins. The boards are super light... i dont think anything is lighter, not even the new hyperlite sub- 6 (i could be wrong since i have only seen pics and heard a little info, so don't quote me) I have never used one to slide before, but the wake riding is Absolutely the best i personally have experienced. The roam has often been a favorite for sliders, and Slingshot has all those features and more. The new 2008 gear is awesome too, especially now they allow all bindings to fit their boards in response to 2007 complaints
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
how much would a decent slingshot board go for and the sub 6 is 3lbs i think
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
Alice W, just wanted to let you know that the substance will not be the only board with that P-tex base. Everyone of the LF pro models will have a limited edition counterpart with the P-Tex base.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-24-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
premier is a good choice
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the Sub6 is called that because it comes in under 6 pounds. 3 pounds is ridiculous. I heard CWB has a new base that will hold up well on the rails.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-24-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
are you for real Chris? that's awesome!! I wonder how i can get dibs on a PS3 with a P-tex base... I would love a slider board that lands soft - my knees hurt too much to hit kickers otherwise these days!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
ITs pretty cool.... The PS3 does have a slider version...

The Watson has one that is Jamaica colors, and the Limited Edition Watson boots are Jamaica colors
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
The '08 slingshots are not out yet, but i am guessing the prices will be similar. The board will come in close to 400 dollars even. I (and others) realize it is pretty pricey, but almost any other high-end board of any other company will cost the same. Also you are paying for USA quality made board with the one and only Future Response Technology. '07 boards are the same design as the new ones, but they can only fit slingshot bindings. There have been some complaints about '07 slingshot bindings, but the '08's should be tons better. (I personally loved the '07 slingshot bindings. I could recognize some drawbacks, but i got used to them, such as the extra laces and stuff)

Demo a slingshot if you can, (No other board rides like 'em) even if you must hitch a ride with someone else after renting/ borrowing a board. If you find you like their '07 bindings or see respectable potential in the new bindings then you can save $200 dollars or more getting the '07 board

just remember, ONLY the '08 boards allow for standard binding placements (though, using standard bindings you will sacrifice some of the board's flex, because traditional binding plates are wider than slingshot's)
Old     (krkx93)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
is the cwb sol any good on sliders?
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-25-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
i got an cwb absolute 135 and a 134 and a prodigy 140...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I ride an 06 premier and leave the jibs in all the time...doesn't really effect my riding and has saved the fiberglass on the bottom of my board. It also has the reinforced edges if you case the rail. It's a heavy board but I love mine.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
p-tex FTW. my integrity has it and it slides so great. and if you take out a chunk or gouge it you can fill it with more p-tex and its like brand new.
LF is going in the right direction
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
ive used a slingshot on the rails and it slid awesome, the guy who let me try it is a pro rider and hits rails on it everyday and there was no real damage to the bottom of the board. he knows they are indestructable cus when he handed it to me and said try and break it