Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-10-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
the lakers only made the move to get pau cause they had the opportunity to drop an over paid stiff, some other stiffs & 2 late first rounders and a future question mark.....for one of the top 10 players in the nba. This assured they would be in title contention for years.... If they failed to make the deal, they would have been considered the biggest idiots in the entire world of sport and possibly then hire eric to be gm.
fify
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond0083 View Post
How about this stat? Kobe, 5 championships. Lebron, 0 championships.

Like Jordan, Kobe has that killer instinct. Lebron does not have the same mentality, which is why he'll never be the best. Actually, he might be the best Scottie Pippen ever, no killer instinct and no desire to take the big shot.
Read what i wrote. Lebron IS the best player in the game. You cant deny it, stats prove it. Kobe plays on the best team in the game.

And I believe your mistaken about your statistic.
Volume shooter - 2 rings.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
kobe career fga - 19.3
jordan career fga - 22.9
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Jordan watched alot of shots go in. Volume shooter does not.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
kobe career fgp - 46%
jordan career fgp - 49%
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-10-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
Who does MJ think is better?

Kobe and Lebron both have the tools to be the best player in the league. One thing I think Kobe has that Lebron needs to work on is that ice water in your veins killer instinct. Have you ever heard Kobe say he no longer has the pressure to score 30 points a game? Have you ever seen Kobe just give up in a playoff game like Lebron did vs Boston? I used to be a huge Lebron fan, but his antics and how he went about "The Decision" have really changed my opinion about him. I'm not really a huge NBA fan to begin with, I'd rather watch NCAA ball first.

Last edited by dave23; 07-10-2010 at 6:25 PM.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
Have you ever heard Kobe say he no longer has the pressure to score 30 points a game?
actually, yes...when the lakers got gasol, and their supporting cast (ariza, bynum, odom, farmar, sasha, etc) started playing better (in '08).
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-10-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
"Have you ever seen Kobe just give up in a playoff game like Lebron did vs Boston?"

um, game 6 vs. the celtics in 2008.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
"Have you ever seen Kobe just give up in a playoff game like Lebron did vs Boston?"

um, game 6 vs. the celtics in 2008.
i don't think he gave up in that game. i think the celtics just played damn good defense on him. if anything, it was against the suns a few years back when he gave up in game 7. after that series is when he had his tantrum demanding to be traded.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-10-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
true Joe. I think the entire lakers gave up in that game six. I could not remember the year he gave up against the suns, so I did not mention that. that was horrible. I believe that was the same year the suns got screwed by a couple of stupid suspensions for leaving the bench after Nash got clotheslined by someone.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
i don't remember nash getting clotheslined by anyone, but i do know that raja bell clotheslined kobe (i think it was in that same series).
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-10-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
it was not during the suns v. lakers series. it might have been robert horry when he was on the spurs.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-11-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Here's a good little read about how Riley went about recruiting Lebron and how all three came to land in Miami. Sounds like quite a bit of tampering was involved.

http://mobile.cleveland.com/advcleve...2BAt&full=true
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
kobe career fgp - 46%
jordan career fgp - 49%
Simple math Joe... 49>46
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
then your english sucks balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Volume shooter does not.
and by your logic, scottie pippen has no rings.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
24>23 soon to be 6
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Looks like the Jazz are close to getting Al Jefferson... That would be VERY good news.... Still a lack of interior D, but some size and scoring....

Would be surprised if the match the Portland offer for Wes Matthews.... In fact, I am not sure why Portland offered him that type of money and he is a player I really like..... I'll take Ronnie Brewer back(UFA) and see if they can get Portland to send Rudy Fernandez over....who apparently is not happy.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-12-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Fish staying put?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
yep
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
and once again, the racist Jesse Jackson creates forces the fine or punishment of someone that he has ZERO connected to. what a d-bag. the only person who made it a race issue, is the "good" reverend himself. Stern is a big PU**Y for fining Dan Gilbert.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2010, 2:00 AM Reply   
I'm glad Dan Gilbert stood up and said what everyone was thinking. It's true and needed to be said.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-23-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Lakers have been having a suprisingly good offseason. Blake should work out ok. Great to see Barnes added to the team! Between him and Artest the defense is gonna be nasty!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
Lakers just got a lot deeper, better defensively, tougher and yeah, Nasty. I love that Barnes took less $$ to be a Laker. Blake is a real PG, should be a great season. Good luck Miami.