Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
If you go to the wakeworld home page and look in the new in wake box, you'll see the articles about the redesigned malibu 23 lsv and the illusion xs tower and the lcd switch panel. man they look so sick!
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
oops i messed up in the title.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
man, It was hope to pick up an 08 LSV but that dash is horrible looking. The tower is gonna take some getting used to. Guess I better start looking at some left over 07 stock.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
hows the hull different? is the wake better?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Has anyone rode or surfed behind it?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-08-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
I sat in one a few weeks ago, and I'll have to agree the dash is butt ugly.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
yeah i think they were going for an automotive look but overdid it a bit.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
The dash is only that way in the 23 ft boats. All other boats I belive are getting the new switch panels, but keeping the same dash. Sucks if you want a 23. I think the dash looks like an 80's ski boat dash.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-09-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
I dont like the dash either. I would think that with the new lcd switch panel they would want some kind of overhang to give the lcd part a little shade. Lcd's are hard enough to see outside.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
Question. Do you have to get the vented windshield or is it an option. One of the things that I liked most was not having anything obstruct your view.
"Better" pic of the dash
Upload
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
is that a 8 track in the middle of the dash?
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-09-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Killer throttle lever....
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-10-2007, 1:36 AM Reply   
here is my 2 pennies. first off coming from someone who has been trying to sell there boat all summer just to be able to get into a 23 lsv i will say this, im going to buy an 07. my thoughts are this is too dramatic of a change. i thought the reviews of the vtx where mixed with the new windshield, i think this is standard for the 23 no option, but now this dash change is too much. then the tower change. i used to like how the malibu line was the same in cosmetic apperance from baby to big pappa 247/25 lsv. and then you change one first with all to follow. i understand why they are doing this to the 23 lsv, because it is there top selling wake boat i believe over the vlx this year. not sure on the numbers. so it seems if they isolate the change to this boat next year they will get the best reviews. but my problem with alot of todays boats in general is, water and electricity dont mix. and i just have a hard time with all of todays digital screens and push buttons. i feel more confident with flippin a switch or turning a key. it is easier to isolate a problem to a switch rather than to a whole computer screen. again IMO. not sure if i like the stereo re-location yet either. i guess change always takes time to settle in and im sure it will grow on us. its not like its a hull or whole re-diesign. we have all been dealing with sante re-design in our own ways, im still not a fan yet. so i say bring on the change but im still gonna try and get my a-- into an 07 before there gone for good.