Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-24-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have been trying ts 7's for a while now with no real luck. I can land fives consistently with plenty of time. But when I try the 7, although I can get the rotation, my handle passing can't keep up. On the last pass, my hand gets pulled away from me. Anyway, I rode with Ben Greenwood a few years ago and he was showing me how to do turn ins. Picture a left foot forward rider coming into the wake ts. As the rider starts to cut, the driver makes a very small turn to the right. What this does is a) make the wake a little steeper, and b) give a little slack on the rope to make it easier to get the last pass. Anyone ever heard for it?? Or have any other tips for getting that damn handle??
Old                06-24-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Anyone??
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-24-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's exactly the turn. Try that way till you feel you can get the handle, other than that quick hands.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
land it wrapped like a lot of guys do and then pass the handle a second after you land. I see most guys land ts 7's like that. Watch chad sharpe or eric ruck. they land their 7's wrapped.
Old                06-24-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Ya know when I first learned that trick I was throwing it off the doubleup and landing it wrapped. I think that's the ticket. Also take the trick up and really focus on that last 180. Lot of guys just aren't gettin the pop on the TS FS 5 to take it to 7. You got it bro, go get it. The 900 is really pretty easy too off the double-up.
Old                06-30-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I still haven't gotten one!! I either land wrapped in a bad position and fall backwards or I reach for the last pass and slow my rotation. I was wondering though, is it easier off axis or regular.....also, if anyone has a tip it would be much appreciated.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-02-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
Have you got a trampoline, try some really big spins like 900's that should get your hands used to passing really fast.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-03-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
slightly off axis is way easier. Off axis spins are a quicker rotation. Most of the HS 7's are slightly off axis. Same for TS 7's. Sure, both can be taken really off axis, but slightly off axis makes the rotation much easier. Trampoline will work. Be able to do the trick super off axis, slightly off axis, and no off axis.
Old                07-08-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Yeah guys, I can spin 9s every which way on the tramp. The good news is that I am getting closer...I'll keep everyone updated. I landed one the other day wrapped and popped the handle. I just need a little more "umphh" on the last pass and I think I got it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
Scott, when on the water try it different ways. Can you do a TS 5 on axis and off axis? Try 7's on axis a lot because the rotation isnt as easy. Once you almost have it on axis. Take it slightly off axis to quicken the speed up. On axis spins are definately slower, so if you can get the rotation on-axis, then off axis will be easier. example- almost all ts 9's are slightly off axis.
Old                09-28-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
yeah, i rode with Brian Francis, and he told me to to off axis...

its much easier, i usually land it, and rope is in my hand, but then, i just fall on my back...
i have problems to land it blind...
hopefully i will get it next time
Old                09-28-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
maybe think of a 360 on the way up and one on teh way down? i can't do these but on big spins on the trampoline it helps me to get the handle by breaking the trick down like that cause other wise i just spin out of control to fast sometimes and miss the handle. course maybe i'm wrong cause i can't do these and everythign is alittle different on the water
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-13-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
makes senses ed, but I think of a TS 7 as a ts540 plus a late 180 since ts 540 is a more natural rotation than a ts 3.