Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brearly_Mason)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-26-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   

Ouch!
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-26-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
1. The tow truck driver was totally cool with strapping to a plastic bumper?!?!?!?!?!?! Several men there, no one was the opposition voice for this, really?!
2. Pretty sure either the breaks were in the lock position on the trailer, or every bit of that trainer under water was on the ground
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
Gong show for sure. I was expecting to see the tow line snap and do damage, all those dudes standing around waiting to get hit by a flying piece of metal
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Dang, I don't think he was strapped to the plastic bumper. I think he ripped that cab clean off the frame somehow. Russian videos are are always the best, thank you Russia!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-26-2013, 10:45 AM Reply   
agree it's amazing how many things you can see going horribly wrong on russian videos
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-26-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
Wow. Wasn't just strapped to the bumper. That totally pulled the whole cab off the frame.

Thats not a boat...that was ship!!!
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-26-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
The truck was strapped by the cab frame instead a main frame or the strap jumped from a proper place (my guess).
But main problem is the trailer - this one was made by someone stupid and guy near operator says "wheel broke" (as always russian slang) at 0:48 and you can see the dirt in the water in the same time appears at 0:50 Also I liked as they strapped boat to trailer with use bow thrusters tunnel! One this truck must pull this boat with no problem
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-26-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
For a vessel that big, no excuse not having a big rig pull it. Talk about some stupid decision making.
Old     (txnight)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-26-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
At least the boat was unhurt.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-26-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
and this is why we won the cold war
Old     (OnlyButter)      Join Date: Oct 2011       03-01-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Best part of that video was the dead silence (except for the hissing of broken hoses) when he ripped the front end off.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
what a train wreck!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-05-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
For a vessel that big, no excuse not having a big rig pull it. Talk about some stupid decision making.
I think that is a big rig. It might not be the typical long nose F/L or PACCAR but I am guessing that thing has a 13 litre or so Detroit/MErcedes/Cummins/Cat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-06-2013, 6:17 AM Reply   
No it looks like they have it hooked ton the tow hook I just think they ripped it right off the chassis. That tow rig is son over matched though sonic love ton know their plan after they got it out of the water. I can't imagine that rig can stop that load very well.