Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stephanebourbeau)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-12-2012, 9:29 PM Reply   
I'm actually considering 2 setup....

the Wetsounds Rev 3-some (1xRev410 + 2x Rev10) or 2xRev410

Pros/cons? According to the price list on the Wetsound website, it's both the same price.

Since Rev410 still not on the market... tough to get a "musical" comparison between both setup
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-13-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
I'm sure this is similar to 2-485's vs. 3-some, where it seemed 485 was deemed better however where width was a factor many went with 3-some.
From another thread which may help:
Question was: "how does 4 rev 10's compare to 2 rev 410's"

It's really two different animals like the PRO 485 pair versus 4 PRO 80's. Since the shape of the REV 410 is larger and doesnt fit as many towers. It really gets down to application. I also see a lot of the new REV 3-Some being done with a single REV 410 and pair of REV 10 for the towers that cannot fit a pair of REV 410. So certain towers with a solid pipe that could fit a pair of REV 410 or could fit 2 pairs of REV 10 Like the supra tower or mastercraft tower. I would run the pair of REV 410. But there are some that prefer the look of the 4 can style so 4 REV 10 would be what they would run on those same towers. On a Malibu G3 tower. 4 REV 10's would be the best set up, as they mount on the sides in the factory locations. So I would say either set up represents IMHO the benchmark for what fits your tower and your style.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
If you have room on your tower for a set of 410's I definitely think that would be a better choice.The REV 410 starts shipping in two weeks and It wont be long after that for reviews and install pics to start showing up.Wetsounds is definitely bringing it this year with all the new goods.The Rev 410 has been a couple years in design and development and I'm sure it wont disappoint.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-13-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
I had a pair of 485s on my last boat. My next boat will have two pairs of Rev 10s. The 485s sound great behind the boat, but they are so directional when you cut out the volume decreases drastically. I want 4 individual speaks so I can aim them where I want them. Maybe the 410 is not the same way, but I also think I prefer the looks of 4 separate speakers.