Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-08-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Trying to get opinions on the most efficient way to load/weight my 2007 MC X15. I have been told the jumbo w719s in the rear on top of factory ballasts(piggy back style)...then a 450lb sac in rear corner surfing side? (Or bodies) Anyone know a better way? I need monster wake!

Also, I am surfing with 5'6" Broadcast....Im told the Inland Surfer Red Woody would be better...can anyone give opinions on the two boards? (I am a big boy..6'5" 260 and athletic build.)

Anyone have a Red Woody they want to sell???? for a cheap price... : )
Big Wizzle
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-08-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
I get a good wake on my 08 X15 by putting one of the 700lb fat sacks on top of the stock ballast and then I add another on the seat or floor of the side we are surfing. Plus I fill the stock kgb and fill up another 450lb fat sack about half way on either the front bow seats or floor walk through. This has worked pretty good but still trying to get it better.

Was just looking at these and wondering if they would work or not???? the issue with the others is that you will never fill the sacks up, maybe half way

http://www.towanza.com/surf-shop/bal...-enzo-sac-w712

Last edited by jame04; 06-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-08-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Man I wish that bag would work but the enzo sac is way too long...i was looking at that one. batteries are in the way on the port side ....it could potentially work on the starboard side. I guess I could go the custom route but its twice as much and probably wouldnt have them before summer ends...
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-08-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
yeah. I was thinking about making longer battery cables
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-08-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have an 08 x-15. i have tried almost everything and not one person has been able to surf ropeless for more than 50 ft. I think the problem is shallow water. The average depth by me is 5-8 ft. We have a 50 ft section that is in the 12-15 ft range and that is the only place we have been able to surf ropeless. I have had a 750 starboard rear seat, a 400# in the rear starboard locker, full kgb and a 400# in the walkway. Wake looks ok jsut doesnt have any power. I have tried manyother arrangements but this weems to be the closest. rope will get slack can pump for a few then i lose it. So annoying. I also have a red woody. Better than the Alias and Broadcast but still i get the smae problem. I have no access to deaper water
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-08-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_x15 View Post
I have an 08 x-15. i have tried almost everything and not one person has been able to surf ropeless for more than 50 ft. I think the problem is shallow water. The average depth by me is 5-8 ft. We have a 50 ft section that is in the 12-15 ft range and that is the only place we have been able to surf ropeless. I have had a 750 starboard rear seat, a 400# in the rear starboard locker, full kgb and a 400# in the walkway. Wake looks ok jsut doesnt have any power. I have tried manyother arrangements but this weems to be the closest. rope will get slack can pump for a few then i lose it. So annoying. I also have a red woody. Better than the Alias and Broadcast but still i get the smae problem. I have no access to deaper water
the depth is your problem. We surf in deeper then 25 so never run into this.
Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-08-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
No one has a Red Woody they want to sell me?????????
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jame04 View Post
the depth is your problem. We surf in deeper then 25 so never run into this.
geez. i didn't even think of water depth. i was riding in water 100 ft deep without the rope fine and then rode some at my normal lake, which is less than 20 ft and sometimes 5-10ft and i couldn't ride without the rope. i was wondering wth was going on.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-09-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Whenever we ride in shallow water, you can actually watch the wave get smaller and smaller as the depth goes from 10ft down to 5 ft. Rule of thumb is atleast 10ft deep.

Jamie, If you are end up looking into a new red woody, I would check out the walker project bazooka. Its a much more aggressive board for a little bit more money and it is made for big guys. DennisH on here could set you up with a perfectly sized board. He is a big guy himself.
Old     (woz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-11-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
750lbs in the front, 26mph, 30ft rope. you can surf inside TWO wakes!!
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-14-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
My experience with an X-15 is that adding weight will give you a bigger wake, but this will not make the wake more powerful. Maybe doing something to the hull, like a switchblade, could improve the wake?

This about as big as we can get the wake, it was really fun but still soft:

Old X-15 threads:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...68/700103.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732499
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
Clay, what kind of weight were you running in that video?? That wave looks pretty good. I havent been able to get mine that far back or to curl like that
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-17-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Rob, there were 2 sacs in the rear locker as full as can be, 1 big sac on the floor and another on top of it (usually 2 sacks side by side on the floor), 1 sac on the surf side seat, and 1 sac on the floor in the bow. Center ballast and surf side ballast full.
Old     (tman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
I've got an 08 X15. I've got the enzo surf sac port side, 750 star bird and an extra 500 upfront. The surf sac is the way to go. I relocated the batteries to star bird with 0 problems. The only issue I have now, is the pump timers. For surfing, I fill the port side sac and hard tanks full and fill the kgb / bow sacs about 1/2 full.

Go the surf sac route and don't look back. Re-cabling the batteries took no time at all.

Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-25-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Today I tried the jumbos in the rear locker....two 450lbs sacs on surfside seat. Should I be filling the KGB and the non-surf side ballasts? I am a big guy(6' 5" 260lbs) so I am in need of a big wake wave to be able to have a pocket that will keep me there and let me throw the rope. I feel like I was a little closer today...any suggestions??????????? Also now have a red woody...
Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-11-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Still can't get the wake big enough on the starboard side!!! Frustrating...
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-11-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
On the starboard (goofy) side we have 600-800 in the rear locker, 400 on the surf side seat, 1000-1200 on the floor, and 400 on the floor of the bow, the surf side ballast and KGB are full, and about 400-600 body weight (sitting on the surf side). Filling the non-surf side ballast always makes the wake worse. Speed is usually about 13-14. With the red tide/woody board you should have no problem staying in the wake, 220+ guys ride it easily. Pics or video might help. It could be your technique, have you tried moving your front foot closer to the nose of the board? We've tried a dozen or so boards on that wake and boards with a flatter bottom (less rocker) make it easier to stay in the wake.
Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-12-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
wow...thats a lot of weight! I have the jumbos in the rear lockers rated 1100lbs each...prob only fill to 900lbs or so because of space limitations....so I have been filling surfside ballast and rear locker sac, KGB 1/2 full, then I have (2) 450lbs sacs that I put on the back corner on seat. Mike @ Fly High recommends filling all hard/factory ballasts full....then add weight in surf side back corner. Seems like the X-15 sits higher above the water than other boats and its harder to get the back end down in the water. Only other weight that I have access to is body weight. Didn't want to have to buy more sacs....I switched boards and now have the Red Woody. Not sure what else to do....a little frustrating since I thought for sure I would have the hang of it by this point in the summer!!!

jww
Old     (BigWilson)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-12-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
oh yeah...we have found we have been surfing @ 10mph
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-13-2010, 4:28 AM Reply   
I have a Red Woody