Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (photoguy)      Join Date: May 2005       06-06-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have been a long time reader but this is my first post. We are planning a family trip to Lake Powell the 2nd week in Aug… we have not been for about 6 years. We have the houseboat reserved & my Natique so we are all set for some great boarding. My mom has been fighting breast cancer this year and the trip has been some great motivation for her as she goes through chemo. I want to make sure I find her the perfect campsite & I was hoping you guys could help. Since the lake level has changed so much since last we were there I am not sure where to go but I would like to get far enough from Wahweap to have some peace and some flat water. I have a great little GPS & I was hoping maybe someone could shoot me some numbers? If not directions will work

Thanks

Steve
Old    bobbymucic            06-06-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
This is a great online map of powell with descriptions of bays and such.

http://www.elakepowell.com/freds/lastchan.htm

We houseboated in '03, staying in face canyon.
I may have the GPS coord still in my GPS, but the maps should help. It is about 2 hours by houseboat from wahweap. From our campsite near the end of face, it was 30 min or so to either wahweap or dangling rope marina (driving about 30 mph).

Our spot was perfect, it was the last place in down the canyon for a houseboat, so no other traffic came down. Just around the corner from our site the lake opened up to ride, while being protected.

That is a great time of the year to go. Have fun and I hope your mom feels well.
Old    mile_high_rider            06-06-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
im there in 2 weeks, ill do some recon for ya.
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2005, 10:59 PM Reply   
Chris, What are the dates you will be there...We are going around the same time...Maybe we can hook up for a session. Paul
Old     (photoguy)      Join Date: May 2005       06-07-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it!

Thanks

Steve