Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-26-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
You've got to check this out. This guy is a nut. He's using the two weeks between Aussie tour stops to go snowboarding in Tahoe, build a foam pit to learn a back flip on a motocross bike, ride the celebrity races at both the LA and SF Supercross events, go snowmobiling and who knows what else!

Oh...and he's a pretty good wakeboarder too! :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/interviews/2005/jeffweatherall1.asp
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-26-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
I read the interview and watched the video. pretty impressive stuff.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-26-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
He's got stupid skills in all venues. Sick. I wish I could do any one of those things that well.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-26-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
I feel like mentioning this was the best interview I have read on a wakeboard publication in a long while.
seems like a cool guy.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-26-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Anyone happen to have the contact info for JStar Wakeboards? I could not find it on there website
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-26-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
I think I just found my idol
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-27-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
I'm Glad you guys liked the interview. Did the video work for everyone?
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
Jeff is a great rider and one of the most consistant riders I have seen in a while. He has alot more tricks than what was seen in that video but it was still great. Jeff has a great rookie section in the video "Premier" and has an even better section in our newest video
"Pendulum". Checkout the teaser for Pendulum to see Jeff's BS 720 and Whirly 5 at www.pendelum.com

Hahn,
Give me a call, I want to see if you can shoot some photos for me for Epic.
Brett
Old    cheekydevil69            01-28-2005, 6:40 AM Reply   
Jeff has my respect together with riders like Josh Sanders from Oz. These guys worked their way up in the States to be where they are today. Not that i'm not giving props to the other US-born pro riders...but these guys managed to break into the wakeboard scene and make a name for themselves.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-28-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Compare that with the interview of Thomas Horrell on wakeskating.com:

What inspired you to start wakeskating?
A: skateboarding

When did you start wakeskating full time?
A: 1999

Why did you decide to go with wood decks?

What inspired you to start a wakeskate company?

What inspires your wakeskate designs?

That is seriously the worst interview I've ever read. I feel bad for the person that had to do it because how can you get any discussion going or learn anything interesting about the guy when he constantly replies "skateboarding".
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-28-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
well, in horrell's (weak) defense, it only makes sense to base your inspiration for wakeskating and designs from skateboarding.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-28-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
If you've ever tried to have a conversation with the guy, he doesn't have much to say. He definately wouldn't be my first pick of people to interview. Great wakeskater and skateboarder but not much of a conversationalist.
Old     (codered)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
Hahn what up coming down in march hook me up! Two trailer park guys going to shasta on feb 22 to 24 to go snowboarding you should meet us there! Dude maybe we can get cliff to go
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       01-29-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Great interview.I have had Cathy and Jeff at my house several times for clinics and have nothing but praise for the two of them.Jeff has so much natural talent with a personality to match. I too am amazed that he has no major sponserships,I would think our industry would love to have someone like Jeff representing their products.Thomas Horrell has been to our house before with the Trip Across America tour,I won't go there....I prefer the good will ambassadors like Jeff around my customers.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
Nautique should pick him up,seeing that they are getting more diversivied in there sponserships and other interests outside of wakeboarding.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-30-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I liked what he said about Mark Kenney and Parks Bonifay. Anyone agree?