Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (llewis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
I've been on a Hyperlite Premier for the past three seasons. I've been considering buying a CWB Platinum series board and have heard good things about the absolute. I have also been reading about the Ronix One DHV1 but have not heard /seen any customer feedback. Unfortunately there is no place to demo new boards around here (that I know of) so I am stuck basing my decision off other peoples opinions. What's your favorite board?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
From the Cdub line, the Plati Transcend is the favorite I'd say. There's no shortage of Absolute and Marius fans, but the Transcend is the favorite. It's going to feel a little faster than your Premier (not that faster boards are for everyone). Less drag.

The Absolute will be closer to the speed of your Premier if that's what you like. I prefer the faster boards because they maintain their speed on the flat landings better and help me stay in control.

The Transcend also lets you adjust fin length instead of depth.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-24-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
considering that the premier is danny's older shape, and the ONE is his new and improved shape, I'd suggest the Ronix ONE for you. Do you like your premier or are you looking for something a little/completely different?
Old     (llewis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
I like the Premier but I really haven't ridden many others. I dont think Ive ever ridden anything other than Hyperlite boards. I would like to try something new.
Old     (wakemastercraft)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2008, 11:52 PM Reply   
dude.... the ONE and the Premier are completly different shapes... it doesnt matter which pros board it is....

llewis.... go try some CWB.... there stuff is amazing.... I also recommend the transcend... best shape I have ever ridden!
Old     (llewis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 12:09 AM Reply   
The Transcend seems to be the status quo not only on this post but others as well. Most likely my next board. Thanks for your opinions!!
Old    alanp            08-25-2008, 2:27 AM Reply   
llewis if you can get on a ONE i would try it. i havent ridden the new transcend shape but the old one was super slow(im guessing thats been changed due to j-rod's comments). the ONE rides fast and has great pop. i ve ridden alot of boards and pretty much exclusively rode the era for the past 3 years. i took one ride on the ONE and bought one the next week. i dont know your skill level but if youre a beginner the ONE may be a little to much to handle(alot of speed and alot of pop). it seems like youre leaning towards a lighter core board, unless you get a great deal on one dont spend the extra money the advantages dont outweight the cost imo
Old    wakejjboard12            08-25-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
"dude.... the ONE and the Premier are completly different shapes... it doesnt matter which pros board it is.... "

VERY VERY different. Hard to make the switch for the few guys i knew who went from the premier to the one.
Old     (llewis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-30-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
I just bought an 08 Transcend Platinum Demo on closeout for $150.00. I cant wait to try it out.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-30-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I was a marius lover for 4 seasons...This year I switched it up to the Transcend Platy. Best board I have ever ridin hands down!! It really has made me a better more consistent rider!
Old     (llewis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-30-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
Shon g, I just saw your melon 5 post. Great pics. I was stoked to see the Transcend Plati under your feet.