Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
I getting a new boat soon and I had an idea about the sound system for it. The boat is coming without stereo so there is no speaker cutouts and I am starting from scratch.

Anyway what I was think was putting all the speakers in the towerbox. 2x 6x9" and 2x 6&1/4"'s firing backwards towards the rider and 2x 6x9's firing down into the cabin. I would run the rear facing and down facing speakers off a fader to control sound down and back. In addition I am thinking 1x12" sub at the drivers feet and 2x10's in the aft lockers. What do you think?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
That sounds like a good plan to me. I have a pair in the front, center and back of the boat with a sub under the passengers seat which really fills the boat up well with sound. Not sure how only the 6x9's firing down will work though. You may lose the bass from those but with the sub it may not matter.

Bill
Old    dcoleman            05-18-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
You DO NOT need 1 12 and 2 10's. We are putting 1 12" Comp VR and drivers feet, and another under the obs. seat. You just don't have that much room!
Old    xtigeman            05-18-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
That would probably sound good. Problem with my stereo is that the cockpit speakers are at your feet or very low.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. I have been in a few boats where it's either too loud to to quiet depending where you sit, then if you sit in front of a speaker you get a free massage and everyone else gets muffled sound. Speakers above might help with this as most seats (except bow) you will be similar distance from the speakers.