Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    wakemark            08-17-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
I tried the Bi-Level last week and I have to say, for me, it was revolutionary. I have been inconsistantly able to do shovits, body varials, ollie 180's and such, but on this board everything was so much easier and all the stuff I was able to land consistantly. It even got me trying wake to wake 180's (small wake)...Anybody else have feedback on the board? Was I just having a good day? It felt so much better!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
I dont ride one, but was curious how much higher off the water it felt riding one?? Can you ollie alot higher?? They look like pretty sweet boards>
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
i haven't ridden one either and wanna know if you can get twice the ollie pop or whatever that i've read..
Old    wakemark            08-18-2005, 5:39 AM Reply   
yeah, the ollie was way bigger (all relative, right?) It felt as though you ride off the water, not a bunch, but enough to make it feel like a skateboard.

two of the things I liked:
1) The upper deck is way concave, more so than a regular cassette concave, which is why I think some of the tricks were easier

2) A good ollie makes a little "sprack" sound like a skateboard tail hitting the pavement. I think this is because the two boards hit each other.....

I found NO downside to this board....**disclaimer** I am a hack!

Seriously though, even if they have delam problems I would get this skate (but my neighbor says I can use his anytime)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
I heard that it was heavy, though, sometimes making it difficult for some flip tricks. Comments??
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-19-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
I'm not doing kickflips or anything, but the weight did not hinder my performance at all. It did take a little getting used to, but once you commit to the trick you're doing with a reasonable ollie, all is well.

Plus, there has been some pretty crazy progression on these decks, with probably the most technical flip trick to date on a wakeskate that nobody really knows about (you'll have to wait for alla prima to find out, and no, it's not a tre flip).

Now, i'm not saying it's because of the deck, but the weight hasn't stunted anyone's progression or anything. In the end, it's more of a personal choice, because there are decks that many people will love and others will hate.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, i hear you. Hmmmm... more technical than a 3 flip... interesting can't wait to see it.
Old    grant_davis            09-11-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
The Bi-Level is great i just wish they would put one out with the foam on top.
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
I wish they would make more of them so more people could get one.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-28-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
I saw the new GATOR BOARDS BI-Level and it is pretty sweet.

I think its called the duece pop.

Danny T.
WWW. OKC BOARD SHOP .COM