Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (akasix)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
New to area,any riders in whiskeytown and how is it?
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-30-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Whiskeytown sucks unless your out super early in the morning or late evening. The lake is clean and clear and alot of people go there to swim and hang out. I recommend taking the extra trip to Shasta
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-30-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
hit up Trinity for a better riding experience. Whiskeytown is a cool place, but like Steve said, better for hanging out. water is a bit cooler at whiskeytown too.
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       08-30-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
I have no idea where you are talking about, but that's a pretty cool name for a lake.
Old     (trinitywake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
10 minutes west of redding.
Choppy chopp
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
I was in a horrible boat accident at Whiskeytown about 15 years ago. Not fun at all. The fishing is good though...
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       08-31-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Oh but when Whiskeytown is butter it is magical. Be of good cheer Mr. Landers. We are entering the best time of the year in the Redding area for true lovers of the wake (after Labor Day and before Mem Day). At over 100 feet down, Shasta will be crazy this weekend though with everyone jousting for "the spot". Hey locals, what is the best launch ramp for comedic entertainment when Shasta is this far down? Jones? Packers? No I am not going to Centimudi. Too much CV (...oops, I meant SLC) trash there. Happy Labor Day everyone!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Damit Centimudi is the best comedy show ever. I saw some white trash lady driving a ford grand turino, drive her big pile of crap down the launch ramp and right into the water. She hit the brakes too late at the Centimudi launch and slid right into the water. Jones Valley you have to snake around this dirt road to get to the low water ramp but its pretty boring. Packers might be a good substitute or Holiday Harbor. This local is staying away from Shasta this weekend except for Monday when people are leaving. Have fun everyone whoever goes to Shasta be safe because it is low low low! Damn near hit a tree yesterday on the PIT arm.
Old     (akasix)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response to all that did, does any of you go to shasta high with my daughter Brittney
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thats a negative, been out of high school for almost 10 years now
Old     (akasix)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Me too,we moved from riverside and had to sell our boat so if you ever are looking for early morning week-day sessions hit me up.good drivers are pretty hard to find and alot of people have no clue about edicate(sp?) and respect.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Definitely, Mark

I'm not much of an early morning rider but I try and get out as much as possible. Let me know if an evening day would ever work for you.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       09-03-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
Below is a picture of Whiskeytown Lake Friday before last at about 11:00. Us and a couple of bass boats. The afternoon was a different story.

whiskey
Old     (akasix)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
For sure Steve,day and evening is wide open.BE SAFE!!!!!!!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-04-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Thats pretty good for Whiskeytown, but it is before noon on a work day. That picture reminds me of what Shasta would look like full. I miss those days.
Old     (akasix)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
lets hope Shasta fills up
Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-04-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
just returned from Trinity lake, it's low but nothing to worry about, cedar stock still has ramp.
a few others still working. water temp 78*
glass till 11am, windy till 6ish then glass till dark.
it's spooking, there's no one there right now.