Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (emw1120)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
First, thanks for all of the great advice that everyone provides here. What a great forum!

Board size - I've never boarded before but we just got a new boat and my hubby (who it totally hooked on boarding) is sure that I'll love it as much as he does. I'm 5'7, 110lbs so thinking that a 131 or 134 but I'm not sure which would be better.
Board shorts - do most of you wear shorts when you ride? Pros/cons?

Any help would be great! Thanks :-)
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
i am 120 ibs and have a cwb lotus 131 and am5'2, but if you check out(www.ridecwb.com)and loo at the wakeboards it will tel you what size and stuff
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
welcome to the sport! make sure when you are looking for a board that you don't focus on what it looks like--girls do that too much! if you have a boardshop in your area go in and talk to someone so they can explain what you should look for..most places will also let you demo boards, so try a few different companies and styles before you make that hefty purchase..i will also suggest contacting grizzly sports when you decide to buy..we buy all of our wake/snow stuff there and they can usually beat any price..the lf cadence is a good starter board..it's very forgiving and allows for an easy progression--in my opinion! good luck!
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Well alot of the board choice is all preference and riding ability......there are so many good board out there now you should do a demo program....there are many at most ski / board stores around and you can try out the boards and bindings and sizes before you buy......for your height and weight you should be at a 134 and could really go a little bigger if you wanted......the only down fall for going bigger is slower to throw around at first....but gets up on the water faster and is more staple ...even more so if it has deeper fins...good for begginers.......I ride a 141 and based on size and weight I could ride a 138.....but the larger board has much more surface area and is less hard on my knees....and smoother when jumping and as well just carving on the water.....and yes alot of women in my area... wear the short board shorts with bikini top and some like the longer ones as well.....again just what ya like.... Tobin