Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-11-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
Are the 2009 Murray boots the same boot as the 2010 hyperlite team boots ?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-11-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
Not into the Byerly's anymore? And they will have similar flex characteristics, but they arent the same boot. Check out the gear section of Wakeworld to see the specs on them.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-11-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Ben, I'm looking at the byerly board and boots,and the murray board,but i dont think im going to like the new system that hyperlite is coming out with,so if i end up getting the murray i want some boots for the board.
You might can help me out,between the byerly assault and the murray board,which do you think has a better feel. Im coming off a 2004 138 Parks and it was just to aggressive for me,looking to get something alittle calmer. Thanks again Ben
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-11-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
The Murrays and teams are different boots. That being said get the 2011 teams. I got the 2010s in July and had a ton of problems with them though they were the most supportive and comfortable boot I have ever used. The cinches didn't hold and the tongue ripped after like a month. I sent them in on warranty and got the 2011s and they are so much better. Very durable. Only dofference is the velcro straps are gone but they didn't do much anyways. Btw I'm not big on the system either the new teams are a traditional boot. Alot of people prolly haven't seen them tho cuz I hadn't seen them advertised much, only reason I saw them was cuz my dealer got the 2011 catalog at surf expo. Hope this helps
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-12-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
BC, send me an email if you want a killer deal on a 2010 Murray 142 Nova .

ride.absolute@gmail.com
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-12-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Mason ,Thanks for the info probly end up doing the 2011 then if your having luck with them,i heard they where a good boot, Have you heard anything on the new 2011 Byerly Onset boots? Once again Mason i appreciate the info.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-12-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Small Light, I think im going to wait a little bit and just get the 2011 murray Thanks for the deal though.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-12-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
The 2011 team boots are fairly inexpensive as well. I think they run $319.99. The Byerly Onsets are replacing the BOAs from last year. I wear an 11 shoe and tried on a 10 and if fits me perfect. I'm going to demo the System and if I don't like it I'm going to go with the Onsets. But, the new Byerly Pros the 11's fit me better than the 10's. Hope this helps
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-12-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
Np3, Man Thanks so much for helping me out especially with the sizing ,im ordering some onsets in the next couple of days,and give them a whirl. Again thanks i know i have like a million post on here ,and you have help me on about all of them and i appreciate it a lot, its been a couple of years since iv been on the water so its taking me alittle bit to get caught up with the new gear,so every little bit helps.If you find anything new on the 2011 assault let me know ,because the way that thing is set up ,sounds like the board for me also. Thanks again np3.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-12-2010, 10:20 PM Reply   
One more thing np3 ,i wear a 10 1/2 shoe so would you buy a 10 or 9 in the onset byerlys?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-13-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
What type of shoe do you wear a 10 1/2 in? I wear 11's in mostly everything, some run a little long but they're a good fit overall. That being said the 10's of the Onsets fit me perfectly. I think I would try a 9 if I were you. As far as the Assault it's just the graphics that have changed. It's a really good board, I was on it for awhile. It was just a little to grippy for my tastes. I'm on the Murray now and switched the P wings that were on it with the .85 I wings and it loosened it up a lot and is super fun to ride. Everyone of my friends who has rode it has loved it, definitely worth a demo.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-13-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
10 1/2 size in mostly everything, so the 9 probly will be the way to go. So in you opinion the murray is probly the way to go on boards, i like more of a subtle edge on a board,but alot of pop, i cant find anywhere to demo any. Thanks .
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-13-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
The 2010/2011 Murray or B-Side are two great boards. They're both a lot of fun. If you ride the Murray with the stock fins on it and the B-side with just the molded fins the B-side will be looser. If you put the I-wings on the Murray it'll make it looser than the B-side. The B-side has more pop, but I have more fun on the Murray. It's more fluid when carving than the B-side. The Assault is grippier than both of these boards and the pop is around the same, the B-side still has more I think. It is also about as responsive as the B-side as well.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-13-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
I see that you live in Norfork, AR. I went to HS in Mtn Home. We have demo boards at the shop I work at if you want to demo some. Just drive to Conway, about 2 1/2 hr drive and come check out our shop if you want. It'd be worth it in my opinion, we have a good demo program. You can pm me for more info if you want.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-13-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Well im actually from northeast arkansas, up in the righthand corner pretty much,we board at norfork when we get the chance,as of rightnow though im living in baton rouge for another year then moving back up there,we been talking about moving to mountain home though. That is the reason i cant demo ,that dont have anywhere here to demo at, believe me though i would be at your shop to demo if i could it would make it much easier. Thanks for the info on the boards also,I might try the assault first and if its to aggressive ,ill just get rid of it ,and go the murray way. Im used to an aggressive board i had a 138 parks forever,but it was to aggressive.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-13-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
Does your shop have a wesite?