Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Your cert needs to be approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators. It will say it some where on the card.
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Steph and I will be on the water Saturday.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Eustace, I'm not permanently moving here so the boat will stay registered in Florida. Also I never had to have a permit in Florida nor do I have one. So I'm wondering how this will work?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
http://www.njsp.org/maritime/pdf/title12ch7_121707.pdf

Duffy, read above where it says "out of state residents" on page 18. Basically, you need to show proof of your taking and passing a boating safety course in your state. Hope that helps.

I'd be glad to give you some pulls if I'm around while you're here. What dates will you be around?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Duffy if you were born before 81 I am sure you don't have to take the test. However, the little blue card is always nice to show the water police that you at least read the rule book.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
THis is pretty short notice, but it's a pretty cool thing. There's gonig to be an O'Brien demo day out of
Surf & Offshore on Monday July 28 at 8:30am. It's $50 a person, you get a one-hour lesson and you hang on the
boat all day. Seating's limited, but Craig said there's still some room. If you interested give Craig a shout
pronto. 732-892-8303
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-25-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Thanks for everyones help. I think I'm fine because it's determined by state, so I'm all good being from Florida.

Anyway my boat finally made it here and I would like to thank my new friends; George Palovcak for helping me out and pulling me last weekend, and introducing me to Chelsea, who went down to Florida this week and picked up my boat so we could ride behind it this weekend

I really appreciate the hospitality. I can't wait to get out tomorrow and put it down!

I will be in an 06 Malibu Black/Red so I don't want anyone to be strangers. I would like to meet everyone, especially some hot females, LOL!
See you guys out there...
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Just upgraded our boat with Wakeboard Pro with GPS. I was always leary of drilling the hull.

Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
Well, I got a call from Keith Red Bull today and he said he had a favor to ask of me. He said he'd like me
to take-out eleven of his Red Bull girls on The Super Air for a sort of Red Bull Girls' Day Out. You know, Red Bull
has always been there for Wakefest, so now this is Wakefest's time to give a little something back. So if
you're on the river this Saturday, keep your eyes open for a Super Air Nautique blasting music, because
it's going to be spilling-over with Red Bull girls wakeboarding, laughing and having a good time.
Oh man...the things I do for Wakefest.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
The things you do for wakefest...
Alex there better pictures, thats all I gotta say about that!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
BE
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Is better a word?

betta sounds betta.....
G-DAMN
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey all,

I'm throwing this out there in case anyone knows someone looking to buy a car. I'm selling my 2002 Nissan Maxima SE. I'm going to post it on Craigslist, Ebay, and autotrader, perhaps look locally as well. I need to sell this car SOON, as in immediately. So do a fellow NJ Wakeboarder a favor and spread the word please. If you know anyone looking to buy a car then I have a good deal for them.

FOR SALE

2002 Nissan Maxima SE

Mileage: 105,855

Asking Price: $7,700

Excellent Condition, runs flawlessly.

New low profile front tires just installed and aligned

Non-smoking Vehicle

3.5 Liter V6 engine-Regular gas (83 Octane) maintains 23-24 mpg.

255 horsepower; DOHC; Automatic

Drivetrain: FWD

4-door Sedan

Maintenance History:

Maintenance History over past 3 years:

Oil Changes:

-BG 0/30 100% synthetic oil (Best oil, only at professional shops) *(BG 0/30 requires change every 15,000 miles however owner completed every 3,000-5,000 miles)* -BG 44K fuel system cleaner used every oil change

-Front break pads and rotors 5/05

-Cabin Filter and coolant flush 10/05

-Front low profile tires 2/06

-New muffler and belts 7/06

-Rear brake pads and rotors 7/07

-Rear low profile tires 6/08

*This Maxima has a timing chain that lasts as long as the engine (unlike timing belts which need to be replaced every 60,000 miles)*
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
I just saw on News 12 New Jersey that the Bordentown Little League team just won the New Jersey State
Championship. I tuned-in mid segment so I don't know what town they beat, but I guess that doesn't really
matter now because Bordentown's the 2008 champeens! Prretty cool.

I guess many of us here are gearing-up for this weekend's contest in Lavallette. I know there's a special thead
and head count happening on wakeboardnj.com, but what about here? Who's heading to Lavallette this Saturday?
Doreen, Connor and I will be there bright and early; probably around 8:00am, and I'll be setting-up a
Wakefest home base canopy. Whether or not I'll be entering the contest is still undecided.

Jeff Z was supposed to drive down last year and kick everyone's @$$, but he was a no-show. Does everyone
remember that?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
Thanks buddy, you sure no how to hurt a guy's feelings

P.T. started yesterday (beautiful women everywhere)....
That's all I have to say about that!
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-30-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
I am still trying to make it, but there is a 99% chance that I wont be able to get off work up here. Saturdays and Sundays are where we make our money.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Been a while since I posted...work has beaten my time into submission I guess!

- Things been chill around my parts. If you follow the wakeboardnj blog than you know I was up the the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY this past weekend. Very cool area of our beautiful country. We hit up the Corning Glassware factory for a tour, did a winery tour and tasting(of course) and bought a few bottles (duh) and then hit up a family reunion, our 100th to be exact. Visted Watkins glen, Ithaca and Cortland and saw a lot of country and did a lot of driving, but it was all fun. The lakes, Seneca, Keuka and Cayuga are awesome and huge! Great sailing lakes but didn't look to great for wakeboarding, a little to large.

- Alex is right on. The SOS competition is this weekend and should be a blast! I'll be jockeying for some space under the tent, but be sure to stop by and say hi. I got some stickers as well incase people want some!

- I think Jimb has stolen everyones glassy water, and had trained the fish to jump at everyone on the deleware!!!

l8r - KG
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
OK, so I think me and the wife are going to the SOS tourn. I am not gonna enter because my daughter and her friends were in LBI yesterday and said the JELLY FISH are out of control. We plan on getting there between 8 and 9 and I'm gonna bring my pop up canopy in case we need more shade for the crew. Then we are down for the NJ RIDERS Sea Side invasion.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-31-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
just throwin this out there but...has anyone road the slingshot recoil? ive read reviews but i rather hear some personal opinions. my 03 lf team is finally delaminating so its be replace. i fthink it had a nice life
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Jimmy,
"I am not gonna enter because my daughter and her friends were in LBI yesterday and said the JELLY FISH are out of control"
Are you serious.....

Don't virtually punch me in the "BAD" arm...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Zuko, your lucky I can't reach that bad arm. LOL. Hows it feeling?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-31-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Yes, the jelly fish last year sucked, but the sting didn't really last for very long. And who knows? Just because
the wind and currents carried some jelly fish to LBI doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be in the bay
in Lavallette. Jellyfish shmellyfish.

I've never been on any model Slingshot Elias. I can't offer any insight. Isn't Woody riding a Slingshot?

I know I posted this on the blog and some of you have alredy seen this, but here's a picture from last Saturday
of me and four of the Red Bull girls that came out with Doreen and I.
Upload
Cool.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2008, 3:22 AM Reply   
I love my slingshot and don't see myself going back to a non flex board anytime soon. i have the 08 recoil 142 (3 stage) and EJ has the 08 response 137 and after riding his board I found that I like the smaller board better. So crazy me went out and got a 08 response 137 and love it. Now the recoil 142 is up for sale if you are interested Elias. A demo can be arranged if you want, I might be going out this Sunday if you want to try the board, let me know.
Old     (lake_hopatcong_marine)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
Nice work with the red bull girlies

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Lavallette!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Good thing Doreen was there to supervise your butt...

Jim, it's a little sore today from yesterday's exercises, but I'll live!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
ZUKO,LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
thanks for the offer woody but im looking for something a bit smaller.

ive been thinking about setting up a streaming web cam focused on the river, kinda like the surf cams, but i have no idea how to do this. if anyone has a clue on how to do it let me know!
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-02-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Ok, more shameless promotion... I'm in Page Six today. Since it's raining and everyone is looking for something to do, why not see what the NY Post has to say about my book: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08022008/gossip/pagesix/fanged_flacks_122602.htm
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
No problem Elias, me too.
A web cam on the river would be awesome.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2008, 4:06 AM Reply   
Hey everyone-
while you were all having a good time on the water this weekend this is how i spent some of mine in new zealand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-I0enQ72q0
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Very cool Doug. Very, very cool. After the SOS contest yesterday a crew of us hit the Seaside boardwalk.
We all went on some rides, but Beth Barcliff and I went on two extra intense rides. But as intense as they
were, I'm pretty sure they weren't any where near as intense as bungee jumping off of some crazy bridge
in New Zealand. Again, very cool Doug.

The SOS event in Lavallette was fun. Clustered in and around the 10' x 15' Wakefest canopy were me, Doreen, Connor,
Kevin, Karen, Justin, Michele, Jim & Beth Barcliff, Johan and two friends, John & Stephanie with
a friend, and JB. Ryan San Bar Sorenen and his whole Lake Hopatcong crew set-up two canopys right next door.
At the end of day, JB took the #1 outlaw spot, with Ryan Sorensen second. Kevin nailed third in the advanced
division, and Stephanie took second in the bikini contest (she should have won). Michele would have taken
some hardware home too, but there was no girls division at all! So instead of competing against the guys, Michele
kept her entry fee in her pocket and enjoyed a relaxing day hanging out with friends. Jim Barcliff, Justin
and me all too opted not to enter.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
HOLY crap! Doug that was insane. That is way crazier than that music express ride Connor and I rode in Sea Side last night.LOL

Yesterday was a great day down in Lavallette with the crew. The weather help up the whole time we were out side at the comp. Big congrats to Kevin for taking 3rd in the advanced division,and Ryan from sandbar marine for taking home 2nd in the outlaws,JB for taking home 1st in the outlaws and also winning oldest rider of the day.

Then for part 2 Alex,Dooreen,Connor,KG,Karen,Justin,Michele,Beth and I hit the Saw Mill in Sea Side for some giant pizzas. We were inside 10 minutes when a massive storm let loose. So we ate,talked and watch soaking wet people run down the board walk. By the time we were done eating the rain had stopped so we hit the boards for some games,rides and junk food. GReat day and night everyone.

PSS when we got back to the truck it turns out I put my quarters in the wrong meter and got a nice little piece of paper from the SLEEZSIDE METER MAIDS.

Heres some pics.
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=c0a3ed99.pbw
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Heres some video of Beth and Alex on 2 crazy rides.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=CIMG0894.flv

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=CIMG0898-1.flv
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Look Dooreen and I made the paper.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080803/NEWS02/808030414/1278/LOCAL02
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Connor and I went out to Lake Hopatcong today to ride with Ryan (San Bar) Sorensen and Gerry Nunn. It was
a great day. Not only is Gerry a great rider, he's also a really good instructor. He had Connor landing
his first wake-to-wake heelside jumps! Wow! Here's a picture of Connor and Gerry at the end of the day.
Upload
Huge wake-to-wake thank yous to Ryan Sorensen for inviting us out (and for letting Connor use his set-up!) and
to Gerry Nunn for truly helping Connor to advance his skills. Gerry even had me going wake-to-wake toeside
and doing toeside wake-to-wake 180s. It was a really good day.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Doug that is so cool! You must be having the time of your life you lucky bastage! Thanks for sharing the video.

Last weekend's SOS event was again another great day spending time with friends and watching the comp. Although the riding conditions were not par and the early morning hour rain wanted to bring all attendees down, I think the event had a nice turnout and was a success. The after-event boardwalk visit was also a ton of fun.

Alex, that's really cool you and Connor got to ride up at LH with Gerry! Congrats to Connor on expanding the skillset!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Doug, you da man! That was a cool vid. You know you got your hair wet right??? Avalon misses you. We have been punished with windy weekends all summer. I have gotten exactly 1 day of good conditions, but absolutely no glass. Stinks. And you 201 cell number is no longer good. What's up with that? Goes to some girl named Lisa.

Yes the SOS event was a good time, and the weather did hold out as well. It was a great day with friends. Our little after party on the boardwalk was great too. I had my first taste of a Fried Oreo. How awesome are they! I had 6.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Everyone should be happy to know that we rode today and water was not glass for once.LOL I'll post a pic later of the sea plane that landed on the water while Ken was riding.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Here is the plane.

Upload
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Last year we were out riding and one of those was doing touch and goes. HMM where is the airflight control tower?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-11-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   

Coming soon: some pix of Dave, Brian, Kyle, Gavin, Kevin, and yours truly at Lake Wallenpaupack.

We had a great time guys, thanks for inviting us. Even if it was only 58 degrees....brrrrr!

(Message edited by wakespider on August 11, 2008)
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-11-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
http://picasaweb.google.com/CJSalvatore/LakeWallenpaupack

As promised... pix from this weekend
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
couldn't study forever...
hope there is plenty of glass left over for the rest of the summer.Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-11-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Look at Dave jumpin that sky ski already.... Holy $hiznit!!!! You've got that dangerous toy dialed in brother!

From what my bud douglas has told me, the faster the boat goes, the easier it is on your arms.
I want to see a hand pass 3' by the end of the summer...

Great pics Chris
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-11-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Nice pics Chris S. You and Kevin were the brave souls without rash guards or spring suits riding in that cold air. Gavin said this past weekend was one of the coldest up there in a while, go figure. Still a nice getaway spot.

Charles, nice shot!

Zuka, thanks. Once I get past the "pucker factor" I might try a gainer, but a 3 is really hard to do from what I understand. How's the arm and shoulder??
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-11-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Well, with some financial backing from another website, KG masterfully recreated the 2008 version of
something we first successfully did a couple of years ago; The Two County Challenge. With two boats, a crew
of us met in Bordentown (Mercer County) at 8:00am Saturday morning and wakeboarded hard until 1:00pm.
Then we packed-up and headed south to Avalon (Cape May County) for an evening session at The Horse Shoe.
This was followed by a soirée at KG's waterfront crib (where many of us eventually crashed), and then we got
up early and sessioned The Horse Shoe again on Sunday Morning. It was a great time all the way around.
Here's a picture taken at the very end of Saturday's Bordentown segment. Oh yeah; wigs, rubber monster
hands, funny hats and crazy shirts were all pretty-much mandatory all day long.
Upload
Of course, you can check-out more pictures at http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2008, 4:09 AM Reply   
I hear that Dave, I won't even ride the thing.

Shoulder and arm are doing as well as can be.
I'm down to therapy once a week and doing my exercises at home every day... Slowly but surely!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-14-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
Hey Guys just to let you know I"m out for the season. I tore my MCL in my knee doing a shovit. My back foot missed the deck and my foot went in the water with my front foot still on the board. OOOCH. I'm lucky I don't need surgery, I just need to wear the biggest knee brace in the world for 6 weeks, it goes from my ankle to the very top of my leg. If anyone is looking for a driver on the weekends drop me a line. I have a NJ boating license, driving a good double up is another story.

Upload

C Ya
Kevin
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-14-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
Unfortunate news Kevin. But at least it happened in mid August and not mid May.

Wow. Is it really mid August already? Pretty soon the leaves will be blowing around and we'll be moth balling
our boats and gear for another long off season. So with the reality og the colder weather right around the corner,
what are everyone's plans for this weekend? Once we confirm our crew, Doreen and I are planning to hit Bordentown
early Saturday and stay out all day; maybe even have a small end-of-day grill session at the boat ramp.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Kevin sorry to hear about your knee. Hope your not in alot of pain.

After seeing Alex and JB wearing wigs the other day I got an idea. Yesterday I declared Wacky Wednesday and with a bag of goodies we went out on the river from 12 until 8. The river was busy for a Wednesday and there were 6 non wakeboard boats with people boarding and trying to board.
I kept changing my masks and wigs as we went up and down the river waving at people. People were pointing and laughing all day. I laughed so much my cheeks hurt.The funniest part of the day came when Chris B and I put on Beavis and Butthead masks and rode doubles. He are some pics. I'll upload the videos next.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=f3be9434.pbw
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
OK here are some videos.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/Waky%20Wednesday/?action=view&current=CIMG0949-1.flv

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/Waky%20Wednesday/?action=view&current=CIMG0951-1.flv

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/Waky%20Wednesday/?action=view&current=CIMG0952-1.flv

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/Waky%20Wednesday/?action=view&current=CIMG0977.flv
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-16-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
I went to a Red Bull "Tow In" surf event on the each in Atlantic City last night. Of course Keith Red Bull
was there, and JB was on the mic. It was pretty cool. http://www.redbullusa.com/nightriders

Hey! Have you seen this? http://www.wakeoff.com/ Yup. It's going to be New Jersey's THIRD wake event of 2008!

Finally, it's a Sunny August Saturday morning and I'm not on the river. I'm dying! Hopefully tomorrow I
can put something together or glom a pull.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-16-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Ha-ha! Two posts in a row on the same day! Check this out. Some one posted this link on wakeboardnj.com.
http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/party/index.ssf/2008/08/bikiniclad_women_and_wicked_wa.html

(Message edited by nj_alex on August 16, 2008)
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-16-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
im stoked for this wakeoff deal. I head back to school this weekend, and my boat will be joining me on labor day weekend, so i should be back on this board mooching rides and looking for drivers very soon.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
joe, too be young again...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
We had a great time on the river today. A nice group of friends with 2 boats hit the river in the am for some awesome conditions, Ryan started things off by skimming the glass barefoot for two long runs.
Everyone rode all morning then we took a break for lunch in the cove. In the olympic spirit, a swimming race even broke out. We really had a good time, thanks to all. :-)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
"Ryan started things off by skimming the glass barefoot for two long runs."--D'Dubs

What truly is better than that?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
Hey Joe see ya soon.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2008, 5:44 AM Reply   
hey everyone just wanted to say i got orders back to cali. im stoked to go home but at the same time not cause im gonna miss this awesome group of ppl! i just wanna say that all you guys have been the coolest group of ppl that i have ever rode with! well i wont be leaving til oct. no exact date yet but there saying around oct.30th so im hoping i can get out more and finish this summer off great!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Johan,
WoW, In the year and a half that I have known you we have had a lot of good times on the boat. I was looking forward to snowboarding this winter with ya but I guess that will have to wait. This might sound gay but I'm gonna miss the hell out of you. Next spring when I unwrap the boat and drop it the water is when it's gonna hit the hardest that you wont be around next summer to ride with.I'm very happy for you that you are going home to Cali cause I know thats were your heart is. Promise me that you will spoil the hell out of your daughter.

Just know that if you ever make it back this way there will always be a spot for you on my boat or in my house if you need a place to stay the night.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Hey! A thousand thank yous to Brian & Annette for having me out on The Moomba today. Even though the
afternoon boat traffic got exceptionally heavy, we had a great time on the river. John, Stephanie,
The Antman and Lou were there too. Here's one of John's tail grabs with the obligatory power plant back drop.
Upload

Here's Brian just seconds after his tail grab.
Upload
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-18-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
JB, Is this what you would call a day at the Office?

http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=1113&title=Video_Interview_ at_the_Malibu_Open&ref=malibuMEDIA
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-18-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
So it was another rough day on the Horseshoe in Avalon yesterday...BUT we did do some wakesurfing.
Here's dad trying it for the first time.
Upload
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-18-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Best of luck moving back home Johan,,, Hopefully we'll get to see you before you go.

KG, is that a NEW} surf rope?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-18-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Best of luck moving back home Johan,,, Hopefully we'll get to see you before you go.

KG, is that a NEW}} surf rope?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-18-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
I say we do a mini wakefest in september to close out hte season...anyone else think this is a good idea?
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
Dave, awesome time on saturday.

Thanks!

keep it dry.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Eustace...no, but reflecting upon this question, I guess I should stop rinsing it so that it starts to get more ghetto!

I did almost pull off a 180 on Sun, but ended up taking a faceplant and water up the nose to the brain! Gotta love that saltwater nasal drop at 11pm.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
A September mini Wakefest? Hmmm. What are your ideas Joe?

Here's my vision: Saturday September 27. Launch early and board all day. High tide is at 2:00pm and low tide
is 9:20pm. Pull-out around 4:30 and have a big barbecue right in the little tree line there.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-20-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
that is exactly what I am talking about. you are the evil genius when it comes to wakeboard events so you know what it takes. That doesn't seem too difficult to get going though. I wouldnt mind seeing some raffles/free swag courtesy of ___________/free redbull as well, if we pulled all that together I would say we would have a good thing going.

Jim- if you read this before tomorrow, im waking up early, riding here in the hamptons, boats already hitched up, boat gets dropped off in port jefferson, and im heading straight down to the delaware, so I will definately be down for some riding. Give me a shout if there is anything you need. Extra ballast, boards, lines, skates, skate shoes, bindings, anything like that, I have more stuff than I know what to do with crammed in my boat.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-21-2008, 4:27 AM Reply   
This sounds perfect to me and Kevin. Kevin won't be bringing the boat this time... something about beaching it and rocks destroying the prop last time... but I digress.

We's love to come anyway and do some boat hopping. Kevin can't ride, but he can drive. I, however, will strap my board to my back and ride with anyone (but please don't call me a wake whore).
Old     (joe_l)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
hey anyone here going to the contest in lake Hopatcong on sept 20th? north jersey vs south jersey!

http://www.wakeoff.com/Home_Page.php

thats the contests site

go north jersey!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-21-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
The Wake Off!
South Jersey riders, it's time to unite! Ryan from San Bar has already called, saying the registration from the South has him concerned we're not even going to field a team. To this I say Ha! We'll be there, alright, to lay the whup on those Northerns!

Ok, I love to talk smack, but if I may digress into reality, this is going to be a really fun event in a great riding spot. I hope everyone can make the effort to go up there and check the event out and be a part of the scene. Ryan has been working hard to put this together, the Malibu is going to have an absolutely perfect wake, and (if I may fall back into smack talking) we, the members of the South, will leave the Champions of the day!

I'm more than happy to have some contest prep riding for any of the South's competitors out on the Wake Academy's VLX in the weeks before the contest. Every tuesday and thursday from 4:30 are definite riding days and we can make other arrangements as well. Weekends are tough for me as I'm on the road a bunch, but I'm up for riding whenever the chance arises. But you gotta be committed to riding in the event. So bottom line- get signed up, then come on over to the Rancocas Creek for some honest to goodness professional contest preparation! (Or just get signed up, then come out and ride for fun!)

And lastly, and in my case selfishly, is there any way to move the late summer Wakefest to Sunday the 28th? I have to work on the 27th but would love to be a part of the fun. If it's not convenient then I'll be there in spirit!
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-21-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
-I am in for the comp! Steph and I will be there.
-JB I would be down for a little mid week contest prep
-My boat is always up to ride if anyone wants
-Lastly Steph and I will not be able to make it to the weekend of the 27-28th. We will be in Florida for a wedding!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
Count me in for the Wakeoff! Should be a fun day. I believe Ryan Weaver wants to come as well. If nothing else, I think we have a lock on the over 35 category. :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-22-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Ha-ha! I didn't want to register on-line too early. It was party of my pre-wakeoff psych-out strategy; let
dem dang northerners get comforatble in their delusions of an easy victory and BAM! Beat them into submission
with our sheer numbers. And statistically, our sheer numbers can be our key to victory. We have to stack each
division with as many riders as possible, thus optimizing our point gathering potential. Kevin, JB, John K,
Charles at al, can beat the northeners will talent, while the rest of us have to rely on our ability to
over-whelm them with our numbers like a wolf pack on the hunt.

The mini wakefest date of the 27th was just a spontaneous suggestion. Maybe it can happen in October and
instead of Octoberfest it can be OctoberWAKEfest. Wakeboarding and beer; sounds good to me.

Finally, I'm off through Labor Day. If anyone's doing any midweek riding and needs some ballast, give me a holla.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
JB- I dont have a boat for a few weeks so I would definately be down for some mid week pulls/contest prep. I have never ridden in a legit tournament before so I am not really sure how to put a run together or anything like that.

Anyone heading out either today, tomorrow or sunday to the river? Looking to get some riding in this weekend sometime.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Here are some pics form this summer that I thought were pretty cool too. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
this one is cool tooUpload
Old     (joe_l)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-22-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
haha is there any northern riders out there or is it just me?!

GO NORTH JERSEY

(Message edited by joe_l on August 22, 2008)