Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2004, 12:08 AM Reply   
Its finally Febuary, the weather starts warming up in a month it will be spring and it'll soon be time for many us to bear our shorts and vest and jump back in the water for another year of riding!!!!
Sorry little over excited
Old    wakesurge17            02-01-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
I know exactly what you mean man. Although the polar bear run was satisifying.....It only lasts so long. I am in desperate need of some wake. 1-2 more months and it's season!
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
How cold could it really be? Well, alteast until I see lakes still frozen over...
Eric I know what you mean about the polar bear run though. While as satisfying as it may have been, it only fueled my burning desire to wakeboard even more. Next year we're riding no matter what, just gotta find someway to break the ice lol...
Old     (boardinbeast)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
THANK GOD!!!

Well, theres still 16 inches of ice on my lake, but you're right. It IS february, after thats its march, and in april we can start thinking about riding again! I really can't wait for spring, its getting SOOO close, but its still a ways off.... I'm trying not to get TOO excited yet =)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
Well I'm not in a place as near as cold as you guys, but I did make a snow-angle today.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
hmm you all havent been riding..i gues we are lucky it was 60 out saturday and water temps were 52 degrees on a smooth river...

we use drysuits though but well worth it to ride year round..

i too though get excited that we will be able to trunk it again in 6-8 weeks :-)
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-01-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
Well Bill it was 37 today and the snow was excellent on the slopes, so back at ya! HE,HE! Oh, but 6-8 weeks we will be out there again!
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       02-02-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
I trunked it Friday. It really wasn't that bad.
Old    xrated            02-02-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
FINALLY, The February chick in the Monster Tower calendar is smokin'
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-02-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
The only good thing about February is that I can noticeably see the days growing longer... but in the back of my mind the disturbing thought that this is one of the two coldest months of the year... and I'm being lulled into relative security with temps supposed to near 32 by the end of the week... but oh yeah there's only 2-3 feet of ice on my lake!
Old    aka Brad Beach            02-02-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
I was on the water Feb 28th last year! If that holds true this year then only 26 more days!!!

Days are getting longer, summer is on its way! Start getting the boats ready!
Old    buttacup            02-02-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
WOOHOO, 4 more months until I get my BA, move and enjoy summer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!