Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
Would I be able to put the new Murray overlays on my Temet bindings? It seems that I would since the bindings look structurally the same. The only difference I really see in them is the overlay itself.

What say you?

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-08-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Anyone? I talked to a guy at BuyWake and he "thinks" that you can do it. I'm not sure about taking them apart myself though...the old bindings seemed easier to work with. Anyone have experience with the "new" baseplated bindings?

Thanks!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Jarret, they should work just fine. I have used LF Ultra wraps on Parks when my laces broke. You can make pretty much any thing work.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
just call Hyperlite and ask them.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-08-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
why would you want to? The colors are going to be really wak, ya know.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-08-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, the only reason I was thinking of it was to have a stiffer overlay material as the Temet overlays have a lot of "give" in them. Also, I was just curious if it could be done if I ever happen or rip my overlays. (My 2001 Belmont overlays tore 3-4 times.)

That would leave my Temets being gray, black, and brown. I don't think it would look terrible, but it might once I got them on there.

Just thoughts...
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-08-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
I can't see there being any problems - the baseplate and the overlays have the same hole configuration, so you should be gold...