Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-25-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Who gave Ellen this gig, and what exactly is her role here? This is just not the platform for her. As far as the contestants go they have all always sought Simon's approval the most anyway. But Kara and Randy do know the music industry and their comments and observations are worth listening to.
But Ellen? It's almost like Randy and Seacrest go out of their way to include her, and Simon and Kara pretty much ignore her.And when she has to critique first it is even worse as she does not have a lead to follow.
It's kinda embarrassing to watch. Don't know why she accepted this job.

I'm not bashing Ellen for who she is, as she can be really funny and irreverent, but not on this platform and she is obviously aware of that,so who is she? She cannot be who she naturally is and I think it is painful to watch.Who's bright idea was this anyway?
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-25-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
Couldnt agree more. She says nearly the same thing everytime and is a studdering mess. Wife and I were just talking about it last night actually.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-25-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
I think she will come around. Don't think they added her for her ability to judge music but to judge more of the stage presence. $.02

She was an "um, um, um" type of person on Tuesday night. Don't know about Wednesday night since I haven't seen it yet.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
my observation this year.

no real stand-outs. especially on the guys side. (not sure why they have to divide up anyway. it actually hurts the more talented but not top tier talent girls because as they're booting 2 from each side there would clearly be girls that 1:1 would beat the guys that get to stay, but i digress)
and it seems as if all 4 judges have been VERY critical so far this year. maybe they're sensitive not to appear to have chosen THEIR favorite, which i believe they did last year w/Lambert... i always thought he sucked...fake rocker etc... but i digress again. ha ha
Or maybe they're critical because of reason 1.. no real stand-outs.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-25-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Casey James
Andrew Garcia

Only two guys names worth knowing.

Most of the girls are decent.. but the performances on Tuesday were terrible.

I really like Ellen in general, but not on Idol. I am not enjoying her at all.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-25-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, from irreverent to irrelevant.

Not a huge fan of the Tintin hairstyle either
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-25-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
What is her role? RATINGS AND VIEWERSHIP. Viewership and ratings are way up from the past years. Now on to the singing. Guys suck, girls are pretty good. I really like the hippie chick Bowersox.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
I'm on board with the eliminations from last night. HOW is Tim Urban still on the show?

I don't know why.. but I'm just not feeling this season all that much.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
The Bowersox girl and Lee Dewyze from the guys. That's about it for me. So far anyway.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
A friend of mine's daughter was in Idol and she got the boot at the round of 24. It was not her best performance but she is one of the best and should still be there. But she is young , 16 , and she will be back. Her name is Tori Kelly.
Here is a couple links to her singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWB93g9QMVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i57PD...eature=related
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
I liked Tori Kelly. I would much rather have seen her than Haley Vaughn.. she was terrible.

Tough competition with the girls this year. They're a lot better than the boys.. too bad it cant' be the best 24 singers. regardless of gender.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-12-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone! I know it's been a while since I've been on WW but not that it's AI season, I really miss the discussion! So here it goes,

I am so disappointed about last night's results. How is it that three of the worst are still there??? Ugh!

Oh and as far a Ellen, she doesn't really bother me. Seacrest mentioned the "closeness" between Kara and Simon.. you think it's because Kara can't stand Ellen? Body language says a lot. They don't even look at each other!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-12-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
Oh and if I had to guess what was going through Crystal's mind last night, "WTF, do I really want to be on a show where the young cute but sucky singers get to stay over the people who have talent?" or "if they got booted this week, I'm probably next because I'm not going to win a cutest girl contest"

I'm routing for Crystal and Andrew Garcia.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
Hi Renee! Welcome back. I've definitely missed you on the AI thread!

My thoughts..

Lilly was seriously talented.. a true artist.. and it's REALLY unfortunate to see her leave already. Also surprised about Katelynn. Her Coldplay cover was AWESOME. Paige and Katie are on my bad list.. Lacey is right behind them.

For the guys, I wasn't sorry to see Todrick leave. I never got on the Alex Lambert train, so I really don't care if he's gone either.

I was a big fan of Andrew Garcia, but he's just not shown up at all so far since Hollywood. He's got to get it together or he's out. I like Casey, Lee and Big Mike.

For the girls, of course I like Crystal and I also really like Shioban.

Very underwhelming season so far.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-15-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Every year the show gets more PC. White, Black Female and now Gay. The only opinion that matters is Simon and now he to has become restrained. This is a popularity contest. Lee,Crystal and Shioban can sing but they probubly wont make it. This show is history when Simon's gone.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
The Rolling Stones do NOTHING for me, but so far, they all sound good. Although I wouldn't know if they were off key because I don't know the songs well enough.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Typing as I'm watching...

Michael - pretty good
Didi - I have no idea what song that is
Casey - I could see him being a rock/country singer
Lacey - Eh.. it was ok.
Andrew - no idea what song that was, but thought he sang it ok.
Katie - She was actually pretty good tonight. Shocking since she has sucked all season long.
Tim - I really liked the regae beat!
OMG SHIBHAN!! It's HORRIBLE!!! WTF? What are they thinking?
Lee - I kinda dug the Beast of Burden.
Paige - not so bad either
Aaron - His mom's name is Kelly Kelly? And doesn't he look like a young Ed Norton? And not bad singing.
Crystal - DAMN SHE's GOOD! She needs to win. I think they did some teeth whitening with her they are slightly less yellow this week.

Overall, not as bad as previous weeks. This week my picks are:

Top Picks: Crystal (no one else really stood out as fabulous)
Bottom Picks: Shibhan
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
I only watched the first few this morning.. so not a full critique yet.

That being said, I will absolutely fall over and DIE if Shioban is voted off. I won't say "never".. because Lily did get the ax.. but Shioban has been awesome every week and I read some really positive reviews of last night. Generally speaking, I love her.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Re:Shibhan - they all loved it and said that people will either love it or hate it. I hated it. I'll be interested in hearing what others thought.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
What's up with Simon and Kara? Last year Simon babysat Paula and he appeared to really dislike Kara. Now they appear to be real tight. All touchy feely, she gazing intently when he speaks......

The only opinion all the contestants ever cared about down the years,anyway was Simons. He is pretty much irreplaceable.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-18-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Renee
What Simon meant is you will love or hate her but not forget her.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-18-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Good bottom three last night - no surprises. I would have preferred Tim Urban go home over Lacey, but either one is okay with me.

Finally watched the performances and I loved Shiobhan. She's awesome.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-18-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
I kinda liked Lacey. She is similar to some of the other current artists on the radio. I thought Hayley should have gone home. She was good this week, but hasn't been good in previous weeks.

See, Liz either you would love or hate Shibhan's performance. I can't remember what she sounds like before that.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-18-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hayley is already gone... do you mean Paige? If so, yes she should have gone home as well. I'm not a fan. I kind of liked Lacey also.. she was hit or miss but had some good moments.

Shiobhan has been consistantly good since week 1. She and Crystal are my favorites.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-22-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I pretty much gave up on American Idol this season with Ellen being on it. But now, I just read a story and am wondering if someone is really TRYING to sink this show once and for all.

Miley Cyrus is the next mentor???? You've got to be kidding me.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-24-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
Good god there was some craptastic singing going on last night!!! I needed ear bleach after some of those!!!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
No joke.. the song choices were HORRIFIC!

Crystal, of course, is not included. Her song choice was brilliant and she did a fantastic job.

Even my beloved Shiobhan was pretty bad.

Andrew Garcia, wtf? Is he getting paid to throw the competition??
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
SIOBHAN will be the WINNER!

Judges--- c'mon are you freaken kidding me? So contradicting... one contestant they say, "sounds like kareokee, change it up a little bit." next contestant they say, "don't change the song, sing it the way it was meant to sound." make up your mind!!!

Simon is the only one who tells it like it is, Ellen is a follower! and why does Randy boo whenever Simon says something, nobody is booing him, "DAWG"!!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-25-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Me thinks that siobhan is touched.. As in small bus helmet wearing touched. Just a little.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-30-2010, 11:19 PM Reply   
Still watching. Not sure if I will finish tonight but so far:

Shiobahn - yuck
Casey - I thought it was pretty good. I didn't know the song so I dont know how it compared to the original but I thought he rocked it.
Big Mike - wow. it's like he was singing it directly to his wife. Beautiful.
Didi - it seemed like she was struggling to keep the tempo. Boring song. Blah.
Tim - eh, it was ok
Andrew - I dont care what they say, I still like him. I have no idea what song that was, but I liked it.
Katie - what Ellen said...
< break> geeze comeon already!!! End! It's 11:04 and I wanna go to bed!
Lee - I dont think I know that song, but damn, he was good!
Crystal - damn, she gives me chills. She's so good. She needs to win.
My TiVo cut off everything past Crystal so I missed Aaron. Oh well. He's no my fav anyway.

K, going to bed now. Looking forward to hering what everyone else thought about tonight.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 12:56 AM Reply   
Crystal is the best that this show has ever seen. Lee could/should become a huge star. Casey and Mike have serious skill. Shiobahn and Aaron have some skills but not enough. Didi, Tim, Andrew and Katie can go home now.

2 great. 2 good. 2 unsure. 4 suck.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
I like Crystal, but I wouldn't consider her the best in the show's long history. Maybe that's because her type of music is probably not something I would buy in the future.. who knows.

Crystal was good.. I liked her better in front of the piano. It seemed awkward when she tried to get up and strut around. I also didn't like the falsetto attempt.
HATED Shiobhan.. and that pains me to say.. because I love her. It was terrible.
Didi was awful also - her voice did not suit the song at all!
Lee was good.
Casey was good. I don't care what they say... I like him on electric guitar.
Katie's vocals were good.. but I HATE that song on AI. It has been done way too many times and needs to NEVER happen again. Way too old for her.
Tim was OK. I love that song.. but I'm really not a fan of his.
Aaron was so boring, I don't even remember him. I remember it being a really old song also and not being impressed.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
I forgot one thing..

For Randy and Kara to compare Katie to Christina Aguilera... I can only assume they're on drugs. That's blasphemy if I've ever heard it.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-31-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
I don't think Crystal is the BEST the show has ever seen, but I certainly put her in the "stand out" category of Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, David Cook and Adam Lambert (I didn't see AI before Carrie Underwood's season). These people, IMO were definitely in a whole different league than their competitors, which is why they are still putting out music and are on the top of the charts. They "had it" and never really had to "find it".

Crystal definitely "has it" and she may not win because she isn't the mainstream's cup of tea. But she will definitely be going places. In fact, other than to say she won, I don't really want her to win. The winners are sucked in to so many contractural obligations, it just isn't who she is. You see Kris Allen doing all these Ford commercials, honestly, do you see Adam Lambert pimpin Ford? It's a probably a good thing he didn't win. He can now do is own thing. I want the same for Crystal.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Agree 100%. I think the best possible thing for Crystal would be to come in 2nd.

Only other person I would add to your list is Kelly Clarkson. It's really unfortunate that you didn't get to see her Idol run. She was fantastic.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-31-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Lee and Crystal. I said it weeks ago and I stand by it. Maybe for Lee to win and Crystal second.Lee just looks like he could become a big star. So could Crystal but in a completely different way. A kinda Josh Stone.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-01-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Is there anyone that is actually a fan of Tim around here? If so, I'd really like an explanation of why.. because I truly can't wrap my head around it. Everything about him annoys me.

Didi didn't have a chance of winning the competition, but I think her leaving is a bit premature. I would rather have seen Katie or Tim go.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-01-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
My damn TiVo turned off just as the judges were going to make their descision. I take it they didn't save Didi. Kinda disappointing, but you're right, she would have gone at some point. I kinda dig the style of her voice. Same with Lacey.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-01-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Yeah, I felt the same way about Lacey. Not very consistent, but certainly better than others.. (uh... Tim!)

It truly doesn't matter what order they go in. We all know who the top few people are and everyone else will go eventually.

Still, another week listening to Tim and my ears may bleed.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-01-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
I liked Didi. She just couldn't seem to get it together.Tim and Katie will be the next 2 to go.Neither of them should have made top 12. Top 3? Crystal,Lee and......?Hopefully not big Mike. He's turned this whole thing into a love offering to his wife.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-01-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
WHY IS TIM URBAN STILL ON AMERICAN IDOL?!!!!! Who is voting for this guy? He's HORRIBLE!
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-01-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
Top 3? Crystal,Lee and......?Hopefully not big Mike. He's turned this whole thing into a love offering to his wife.
I think it will be Lee and Crystal for sure, and Siobhan, Aaron or maybe even Casey have a shot.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-01-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Lee, Crystal and Siobhan. Maybe Big Mike.. people seem to like him.

I like Casey, but he really reminds me of an 80's cover band.. like Simon said. Great guitar player, though!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-06-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Tonight is going to be really rough for me. I pretty much can't stand anything from Lennon or Paul McCartney. (flame away, but I can't stand them )
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-06-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
I wann hear Crystal do Let it Be
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-06-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Aaron - ok, he needs to go home... NOW!
Katie - damn her, she did Let it Be! She did a good job with it though.
*it bugs me that Kara sings to show off*
Andrew -
Big Mike - wow, I really dug that performance of Elenor Rigby!
Casey - another wow. changed it up nicely.
Shioban - did I mention yuck yet this season? I don't get it. I apparently missed the cool-aid tray when it got passed around.
Tim - what did he sing again?
Lee -totally forgot already
Crystal - again, another stand out job. Shoot, I forgot to write down her number to vote. Already deleted show. Dang. Hope she makes it through.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
crystal is # 5
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-08-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Wow. Tim is still there.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-08-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
HATED Aaron.. worst performance of the night for me
I liked Casey, Big Mike, Lee, Crystal, Shiobhan and Katie
Tim was decent.. I just wish he'd go already
Didn't care for Andrew.. definitely cheesy

I cannot believe Big Mike had the lowest number of votes. Seriously America?? In what universe do you keep Aaron or Tim over Mike? I'm convinced the people that vote on Idol are out of their minds.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Mike sings a different variation of the same song. Over and over. People are tired of it.The whole wife/newborn baby thing wears thin after a while.They shouldn't have kept him in. He's not going to win.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-08-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
I agree that he's not the best.. but he's certainly better than several others. He's an excellent singer, which says a lot this season when compared to the rest.

The same could be said about Crystal, no? She does sing virtually the same thing.. with little variation.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Lizzy - I really think Crystal is going to be a huge star. Whether she wins or not. She is different. Lee could be as well. I really cannot see anybody else winning.The two of them have that indefinable quality. The reast are making up the numbers. Just my humble opinion
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-08-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
I agree, totally. I really like both Crystal and Lee. I just think what you said about Mike could be said about several others this season.

I absolutely believe this is Crystal's season to lose.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Crystal is great! I will buy her albums for years!
Lee and Casey are very good! I will buy their first album in the minimum.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-08-2010, 10:23 PM Reply   
mikes Elenore rigby was nothing compared to cooks last year.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-20-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Looking for the WOW factor tonight... Who's gonna give it to me???
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-20-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
Crystal was WOW tonite. She is awesome.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
ALl last night I felt like I was watching a different show than the judges. To slam Casey and Shiobhan, but give praise to Tim and Aaron?? Seriously?? Tim and Aaron damn near made my ears bleed. They were AWFUL. Completely out of tune and excrutiating to watch.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-21-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
I didnt think Casey was anything special. It was good, but nothing really stood out about it. I liked Lee, Big Mike and Crystal with Crystal blowing everyone away. I wish TiVo hadn't cut off Kara and Simon's comments though.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
I don't think Casey or Shiobhan were THAT great... but definitely in tune and sang well, which blows away Aaron and Tim.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
I always read the Entertainment Weekly recap of AI and they gave the performances the following grades:

And now for tonight's scorecard:
Crystal Bowersox: A
Lee DeWyze: B+
Siobhan Magnus: B-
Michael Lynche: B-
Casey James: C+
Tim Urban: C
Aaron Kelly: D

I would agree, totally. Siobhan and Big Mike were decent. Casey was okay. Tim was awful. Aaron was absolutely atrocious and needs to exit, immediately.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-21-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Crystal and Lee. And one other. Doesn't really matter who. Crystal will prob win. Lee will also have a career. I think they are both great. The rest are making up the numbers. Dunno what it is about big Mike that irritates me so much. I think it's his wife. Irrational I know but still won't be sorry to see him go.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Many early frontrunners haven't ended up winning the show, so I really have a feeling that Crystal won't win. That would probably be a good thing for her, though. Someone like Lee would probably need the show to really establish himself.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-27-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Lee - I felt like he was of key a few times when he was just trying to change it up. Interesting, but just ok
Big Mike - Luthor Vandross, good comparison. Definitely. Brian McKnightish.
Casey - for once I actualy liked it. there was a different tone to it that made him sound like an artist and not a copy cat... holy crap, I typed that as Simon was saying it.
Crystal - ok that didn't do anything for me. bummer.
Shibon just does NOTHING for me.

No one REALLY stood out for me. Some were better than others but no one WOW'd me tonight.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
You forgot Aaron... so apparently he wasn't any good either.

I liked everyone, actually. I thought it was an overall strong night.

Crystal was probably the worst for me.
Liked Lee, Shiobhan, Mike.. really liked Casey

I'm hoping Aaron gets the boot tonight. Singing that love song about his mother?? Good lord kid, get a girlfriend.. pronto!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-28-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
yep, totally forgot about Aaron. I must admit, I watch TV these days with half an ear as I get home from work and then spend all night on the computer doing side work. So it takes a lot to make me stop and watch/listen.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Same here. It's hard to really pay attention with a two year old talking nonstop in the background and demanding I color or read a book. Doesn't he know I have AI to watch??
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-28-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
TOTALY OK with tonight's loser. It's about time!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
All I could think last night was "Renee will love this!"

I would much rather have kept her over Aaron.. he drives me nuts.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-29-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
yeah Aaron needs to go too. But the little girlies will keep him in. Although I was kinda freakin out when they put Crystal in the same group as Aaron. I'm kinda worried about Big Mike. While he's so good, his Luther Vandross style won't appeal to the little girls so he's bound to go soon.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       05-26-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
The following is a middle aged man's view of this seasons AI being a good husband that watches what my wife wants on TV.

- The chick playing the guitar on "Schools Out" was hot.

- America is dumb - they got it wrong again.

- the only two real American idols is Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood.

- I am not a country music fan, but Carrie Underwood is hot.

- I have not ever seen so many "has beens" in one night - county fair anyone?

- Next year will be the final season since Simon is leaving.

- Rehab has done Paula good - she looked hot - real hot. and coherent too.

- Bottom line - American Idol is circling the drain, the guitar chick on "schools out" was hot, Carie Underwood is hot, Paula looked hot (from a middle aged man's perspective", American Idol is done.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Dave, you could not have summerized it any better!!!!!! But I also look and see how many other AI 2nd placers go and have a much better life then the real winner. A lot of the winners are flops. Bowersox will do much better that she is not the #1 pick and tied to all the contracts and stipulations. I have no idea about the winner.. I quit watching as soon as Deadliest Catch started. Crabs over singing any day!!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Paula looked amazing and I really liked having her back.. I missed her on the show this year.

I think it worked out perfectly. It's much better for Crystal to finish second.. so she can make the type of record she wants to make. She will have much more freedom and I think it will benefit her tremendously. Lee, in my opinion, needed to win and I think he'll actually come out with a good album. He's a good musician and very likeable. I think they will both do well and the way it turned out was best for everyone.

Janet.. holy curves batman! She makes Kim Kardashian look like a stick figure. Wearing a cat suit to boot.. you go girl. Christina.. all I could think was... now THAT girl can sing. Geez.

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood will ALWAYS be the best American Idol has ever produced, in my opinion. They're both fantastic. Carrie Underwood has never looked better.. she's absolutely stunning.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-27-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
I'm dissapointed the Crystal didn't win simply for the recognition that she was flat better than Lee and everyone else. For the second year in a row, the "Star", the one who "had it" above all others came in second place. What is America thinking? That said, I agree, it's probably better for both Crystal and Adam's carreers in the long run to not have won.

I heard the other day the top 10 grossing Americal Idol contestants in 2009: #4 Kelley Pickler, #3Chris Daughtry, #2, Kelly Clarkson, #1 Carrie Undewood. Says a lot that of the top four, only two of them are winners.

Is it just me or did Janet sound an awful lot like Michael???
Chicago without Peter Cetera sucks
LOVED LOVED LOVED Crystal and Alanis. I was just thinkingrecently that she needed to sing an Alanis song. Althought THAT song, wasn't appropriate for a family show. Maybe the beginning and then move on to another song.
It was great to see Bret Michaels on stage only a few weeks after being hospitalized. Casey CANNOT sing that song to save his life. Yuck!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
I don't get Kelly Pickler. I didn't like her on Idol.. at all. She was a trailer park verision of Carrie Underwood with nowhere near the talent. Maybe that's changed.

Janet has always sounded a lot like Michael..

I thought Crystal paled in comparison to Alanis. Wrong song.. definitely. Then again.. is Nasty really family appropriate either?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is it just me or did Janet sound an awful lot like Michael???
She was lip syncing to Michael's vocals on the first song and lip syncing her own on the second. She was terrible, the low point of the show.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Janet sang Again (her song), Nothing (her new song) and Nasty (again.. her song).

I was pretty sure it was live, also.