Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Not enough rain to get off the lift so focus has turned to mods and detailing.... My 2000 tige 2100v has cream color base hull and has slight discolor below the waterline. Not really a stain, but looks darker and water beads off here last. Any ideas to improve before I wax?
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Try some FSR. (Fiberglass Stain Remover) If it is a stain, that stuff will get rid of it. If that doesn't work, then you probably need to buff it out with some light rubbing compound.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Do you need to wax right after using that FSR product?
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Yes, that stuff takes everything off. I get a real bad stain after a day of being in the water. I just wipe this stuff on, watch the stain dissappear, then hose it off and wax.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
I tried the FSR with no results. It must have been less of a stain and more of a buildup. I had read about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on this site and bot some for working on my upholstery later. I tried these on the below-waterline and they worked great. Moderate effort and it removed it all. When I finished a section it was night and day difference. Impressed with the outcome and the fact they dont have any harsh chemicals. I will be following up with wax to protect. Anyone know if using Magic Eraser on the rest of the boat to remove grime prior to waxing would be bad?
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-26-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
It should be fine just make sure you rinse the boat and wash it before you wax it.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-26-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
It sounds like it may be due to the water dilluting the sun's rays. It happens w/ decals too. If you take a decal off, it will be a fresher paint underneath.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-27-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
J- The Erasers are nothing more then a piece of dense foam. There are no chemicals in them so yes you can use them on everything and anything without harm. They are a boaters best friend ! My only warning is once you use them on the interior vinyl you will be forever dependent on them. Its amazing how dirty the vinyl really gets and how well the M.E work