Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Vic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-02-2011, 10:58 PM Reply   
choices are 07 malbu 23lsv 07enzo 50 and 45k respectably. or maybe something cheaper or older. I surf on drivers side is main interest and son will wakeboard also. I really need to know how the lsv or other boats stack up to the enzo surfing on drivers side and also just how bad is the enzo for wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing. If the enzo is terrible for wakeboarding i need to hear it now instead of find out later. And i really really need to know if the lsv is good on the drivers [i guess starbird] side on surfing. i surf goofy. Other boat possibilities seem endless. Others i have thought about and would consider: 220 or 226 nautique, x-30 mc, tige 2001 2300vsurfmaster. I really would appreciate any advice. Don't have much time. God bless you all!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-02-2011, 11:25 PM Reply   
Why buy used???

Look, I know you didn't ask about MB, but you seemed open to other suggestions. So here goes.

Goofy surf wave + great wakeboard wake + $50k budget = 2011 MB F-21 or TWB-21 (same hull).

Goofy surf wave (with only stock ballast which fills in one minute).

Wakeboard wake (1,800 lbs. stock ballast)
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-02-2011, 11:47 PM Reply   
Im with IXFE, MB is a great quality boat for a killer price =-)
Old     (Vic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-02-2011, 11:50 PM Reply   
hey thanks, looks llike a good wave, cool pics. don"t know a lot about mb"s
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-03-2011, 12:49 AM Reply   
where are you located?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-03-2011, 4:51 AM Reply   
LSV between the two.

MB and Axis both are great $50k values new, as is teh Mobius
Old     (Vic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-03-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
in oklahoma,. same hull as whichof the other boats i mentioned?
Old     (theanimal)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-03-2011, 5:46 AM Reply   
I wish this was the kind of emergencies i had to face
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-03-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
Driver side surf wake (goofy side) rocks. I wish I could thorw in some picture here but I don't have them on me at the office. I'm not saying the Enzo is good or bad because I have no experience with it but I can tell you we ride an '07 Malibu 23LSV with stock ballast and a 600 sac, wedge and friends sitting in the corner and we love it. In fact, you say you're in Oklahoma...We will be on lake Texoma this weekend and would love to give you a pull. Always more fun with more people. PM me and I will give you my contact info.
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       06-03-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
A boat with a left-handed turning prop will have a better surf wake on the starboard side. Due to the direction of a LH prop, its rotation will "sling" the stern towards the port direction, thus giving a nicer starboard wake than port. and oposite for a RH prop.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-03-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
I let you know the 09+ Avalanche has the rightsurf standard. That said, my next boat would be a MB TWB with quick fill. I only liked the Enzo when it had a switchblade when wakeboarding, and it's a bonus when surfing (never rode Enzo goofy), if no blade I'd say Bu'

Water test ANY boat before buying!!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-03-2011, 10:02 AM Reply   
Here you go Vic

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...416874329.html
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketowakealot View Post
A boat with a left-handed turning prop will have a better surf wake on the starboard side. Due to the direction of a LH prop, its rotation will "sling" the stern towards the port direction, thus giving a nicer starboard wake than port. and oposite for a RH prop.
I wouldn't call that an absolute. With most boats prop rotation can be overcome w ballast. On my cc 230 I run about 2500 lbs over when surfing. Both sides are very comparable with a slight edge to the starboard wave in spite of the LH prop rotation.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-03-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
The LSV is such a bada$$ boat. Why even question it. I could be biased. ;-)
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketowakealot View Post
Correction: This is true and applies to most, if not all boats.......except Tige (inside joke for some of us)

Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       06-04-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramat View Post
Correction: This is true and applies to most, if not all boats.......except Tige (inside joke for some of us)

Haha^^^

PS. LH Prop Rotation favors the port side for surfing on my Enzo...