Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-26-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Didn't want to hyjack another thread so I'm starting this one. I can't keep the joints tight and solid on my krypt. I'm thinking about finding someone to weld some of the joints so that the little screws don't come loose everytime. I already used locktight and it didn't make much difference.

Boat is the Maristar in my profile.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
i have the same problem and was thinking the same thing.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-26-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
My partner had a problem with his tower. It was the front part on his. The problem he had was when he welded it the tower wouldn't fold down as it lost the pivot angle. We assumed it was a fluke with his tower. Maybe not
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
I see in both of your profiles that you have Pro Swoop Towers.. How many of the set screws are coming loose? We had a group of these towers manufactured last year that had the wrong size set screw shipped. I can send you some (just a bit) oversized set screws that will do the trick.. I will still recommend using lock tite even with new set screws.

Email me so I can get some questions answered, and get the new set screws to you.

Thank you,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines / Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com

(Message edited by bulletlines on February 26, 2009)

(Message edited by bulletlines on February 26, 2009)
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Sounds great how do i get some?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
Just email me..

Ken Land
kland@bulletlines.com
Old     (tbund)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-26-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
Ken,
I have a krypt tower and really like it, but my thought is that if you know there is a problem you ought to be more proactive about fixing it.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
We are trying to be proactive. We just became aware of this about 2 weeks ago..

Thanks,

Ken
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-27-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
Rich, when you welded it did it hurt the finish at all?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
It was my buddies. It was a black tower so he just touched it up. If you knew it was there you could see it. He was glad he did it as it strengthened up the tower.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-27-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Rob ~~ So you have the MC and now the SANTE?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-28-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
If I was installing any universal tower, I would weld it in the places that make sense..

Ken}
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-28-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Josh, I have both still, the MC is the on the block for anyone interested. I only have minor issues to complete. Ken thanks for the customer service...I have the chrome tower, how bad will it mess up the finish to weld and is there any way to touch it up? or will the screws your sending me take care of it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-28-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Rob ~~ Sweet, I have somebody in the market for a boat and will send him your way. Do you have any add posted anywhere? I know he was looking a little higher end but you never know.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-28-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
The new set screws will take care of it.. Welding will be fine as long as you have someone who knows what they are doing.. Usually after welding someone will grind the weld and then repolish to match..

Thank you,

Ken