Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-14-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Hi,
I am new to the forum and looking for any info on a MB B-52 boat. It is a 1999 and any info would be great, good or bad. Info hull design, wakeboarding, wakesurfing and skiing. Any problems w/ the power plant, rare up during power up?
TIA
Old    bocephus            01-14-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
I would keep looking...that would be my advice. But then again, I had an MB, so I'm probably not qualified to answer.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have a 2000MB Sport B-52 DD. The only real problem I have had with the engine is sometimes it takes a few turns for it to turn over but it's an electrical issue I haven't worked out yet.
-Mine goes through impellers more then once a season. Impellers are cheap considering the sport.
- Replaced the impellers for the ballast pumps cause they were shot.
- The boat will be great for sking.
- wakeboarding- more of a beginner intermediate wake.( i have some pics of the wake loaded and unloaded I could email you)
- With a good amount of weight the wake is a decent size but the engine starts laging to get you up as fast. A different prop could fix this.
-Surfing. With all of the weight loaded on one side( approx 1000lbs.) including people the wake is fine. I find I do have to drive in circles for the wake to be cleaner. I am 220lbs and with a inland surfer red tide I have no problem.
- One thing you do have to be careful about is the boat sits pretty low in the water so you have to be aware of other wakes including your own because they will go over the bow very easily. My boat when loaded with ballast, gear, and people has the nose out of the water about 12 inches.
- As far as my first tournie boat I am very pleased with it. Just keep in mind it's not going to be like a 07 x-star or some other new boat.
- Any other questions feel free to ask.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
I had a '99 MB B-52 and had no problems at all. The wake with factory ballast was OK for us starting out. We ended up adding more ballast and got a very good wake. Even with extra ballast and people, never had that much of a problem with bow wash. The driver just had to pay attention to rollers and be under power when hitting rollers. It was a great first wakeboard boat for us.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-14-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanks,
The boat is for a friend of mine and I am going w/ him to look at it when he gets time. Just wanted to know what to look for. This boat is on the same lake that I am on and I know it has been very well taken care of, really nice looking boat. I was concerned about the front staying up when you hit the throttle.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Hey, that is my father-in-laws boat. I didn't realize, but we are the ones selling it. Anyway, my opinion is still that. It's a small world.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-14-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
I remember when I seen that boat for the first time and thought, it would be nice to own a nice boat like that. Nice boat, and very well taken care of.

(Message edited by trd on January 14, 2008)
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
The best part about it is there are few like it here on the east coast so you get looks from everyone. Everyone that sees that boat loves it.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-14-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
Yep and if you need any help with the boat, I can help you out. I am the MB dealer for the Mid Atlantic..about an 45min north of Gaston in VA.
Old    bocephus            01-14-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Look for a soft spot in the hull directly below the middle of the windsheild. They have a brace for the stringers that sometimes protrudes through the hull. You can identify this problem by either feeling a lump in the hull or a soft spot. You should not be able to push on the hull and be able to deform it with your thumb.

Just my experience.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-14-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
with mb being in CA and not many dealers, dealer suport is key if alan will take care of you it will make you a good boat.