Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wakeman456            04-01-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
How much light do I need to wakeboard at night? I am looking at the Boss lights, wake designs, skylight & Proflight (good price) Hypervision...

Which ones would you recomend? Does any body use them?

Old    leggester            04-01-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
Well, in most states it's illegal.

Lights from the boat basically get in the riders eyes, piont them at a 45 degree to the side.

As for the driver, well, you'll have to play nad see what you can do.
Old    wakeman456            04-02-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
I live in Mexico, lol there is no illegal stuff here..so does any one has some lights in their boat?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-02-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
I don't have lights but have ridden in peoples boats with them and found that they don't always work as good as you might think. Light bars are okay for riding but you'll want to point all of them back and down at the water so that they don't get in the riders eyes. You just need to illuminate the wake. A lot of people point 2 forward and 3 back (most are 5 light systems) but the two forward don't do anything. My friend just mounted some offroad type spot lights up there and they work pretty good for seeing where the boat is going.If you got the bucks I reccomend getting two of the brightest damn fog lights you can buy. something like this http://www.hidstore.com/sanrailhidof.html a little pricey but if your serious about night riding then you've got to be able to see. Nothing beats HID.