Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
I've heard nothing but great things about the falcon vest and it was like a remake of the a-10 or something. I was thinking about getting one myself, but there has been one thing that I havn't heard about it....how well does it float?? anyone have any personal experience with the falcon?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have the Falcon. It's my first NCGA vest (coming out of older CGA Stance) and I'm really please with it. It's light, comfy, and non-restrictive. Coming out of a CGA vest I was somewhat concerned about flotation of a non-CGA, but this vest quickly dismissed those concerns. The flotation is great. I'm pleased.
Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I have one also and it is more comfortable than the a-10 and a little more movement.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-14-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
ditto on what paul said, i have the exact same story and i love my falcon
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-15-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
I love everything about the Falcon, except these 2 things:

The cost, and...

The belt system. When I cinched it down, I noticed the strap wasn't secured to the vest very well (in the front just after the buckle). It appeared, to me, that it'd eventually pull the stitching out, or (more than likely) tear the material that it's sewn to. That's not a huge complaint, but I feel like it's going to last just long enough for them to not justify replacing it for a warranty issue... And that's not worth the $130 to me... But, it's a really nice vest, and super comfortable.

-Blake
Old    weakwake            05-15-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Nice assumption about something that hasn't even happened yet Blake, haha, classic.

I think the EVA foam on my Falcon is going to flatten out and the color will fade to pink. I feel like that's going to happen. I also feel like wearing it on my head when I ride sometimes.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-15-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Brian,
Sorry dude, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

-Blake