Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-26-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Well launched out of Orwood on Saturday a little later than usual and headed for twins to check the water. Commin up on Twins we come up on a small boat and a sunken Jet ski. The small boat was unable to tow the jetski so I offered. So as the people started getting in my boat they just kept comming out of the water. 5 total. Apparently there was another ski with them that left for help. An hour had passed when I came up on them and no one had helped. J-rod and crew showed up just after me. Thanks for the offer to tow them but your lucky you didn't (what a fiasco). So then after dropping them off we headed to Railroad to ride and low and behold another broken down boat needing tools. Finally got to ride Railroad (not bad water for the days conditions) and on the way back ran across another broken down boat needing a tow back to Orwood. Glad that day is over more time helping everone and no time to ride. But at least I got to try a HS/BS 3
Old    mendo247            09-26-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
weve all been there.. your gonna have some seriously good karma.. i had a similar thing happen to me a couple months ago.. i just hope if i ever need a tow someone will be nice enough to help me out...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Gary, that kind of non selfish attitude is what brings our little community the great reputation it enjoys. Im pretty sure that if you ever find yourself in need of some assistance you have a couple good karma checks in need of cashing.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-26-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
may you be blessed with days and days of sunshine and smooth unpopulater water.....oh wait you live on the delta, you get that anyway. You deserve to run into a boatful of hawaiian tropic models broken down next time.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
Hey Gary. That was nice of you to help all those people out. I had some people help me a couple months back. I always stop.

If the water was good I would have insisted you let me tow them in. Glad to hear you found some ridable water. I hope you made it out Sunday. It was much nicer.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-26-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
The wind was blowing that weird direction saturday where just about everything but Victoria was blown. Glad we made the trip over there as it was good all day with only 2 or 3 other boats.

Anyone else notice how deserted it's been out there lately?

(except for the broken down boats it sounds like!)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
ya, and you forgot all about me Rich. I felt left out.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
Whaaaaaaaat?

Chad and Paul said they invited you and "you had better things to do" ! ?

(just kidding of course - hopefully you will make it next time!)

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Rich what time were you at Vics? I rolled up there at about 10AM and it wasn't looking good. Even that spot behind your place looked bad.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
J-Rod, the water was definately weird on Saturday. We didn't get to ride until close to 1PM after playing Coast Guard. The wind calmed and the water started laying down. RR was actually pretty good.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Water was great on Sunday, by the time we came in around 4 there was no wind at Rivers End. Busy day for you guys, good of you guys to help out.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-27-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
I think that I probabbly towed a boat in atleast every third time I went to the lake last summer.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-27-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
I think that I probabbly towed a boat in atleast every third time I went to the lake last summer.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Good Krama is coming your way Gary... I'm at 6 tows for others to 1 for me this season (the first time I've ran out of gas in 6 years and the tow was less then a 1/4 mile to the 5mph at disco then we padded to a buddies house)

The best tow I gave this year was when I came around a corner about 7pm on a friday night ( knowning I was close to the last person out that night) and saw three guys wearing those orange vests. Which I thought was odd, upon getting close I noticed they were using a cooler to bucket out the incoming water. So we busted out the sac pump and spent the next hour towing him to dells from middle river bridge. Turns out the prop came apart at about 90mph. This guy had to be a good 6 foot 250lbs and it was all he could not cry as his 100K motor was about to go under all the way back in. So back at dells the boat was on the trailer and they had only pulled half way up the ramp, there was so much water in the boat the truck/trailer/boat started sliding back down the ramp. Luckily some guy jumped in and pulled it up the ramp. It was definitly an interesting adventure, more fun then just towing in an out-of-gaser.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Way to spread the love :-)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
J-rod,

We left the house about 11:30 after Paul & Chad rolled in. I called the island for a Vic's update and my buddy Ric whose cabin faces the entrance said it had gotten a little blown after we left that morning but was looking better at that point. Then it continued to get a little better as the afternoon went on. Just a weird wind both Friday/Saturday. Sounds like you guys hit it at a bad time.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-27-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the kind words and hope to see that good karma thing if I ever need it. If needed I would do it again. Hope that day dosen't come any time soon.
I kind of like that the Delta is thinning out. Makes it a little more comfortable out on the water. I hope this weekend holds up.

J-rod you know where "The Kitchen" is. supposed to be a pretty good spot and was wondering where to find it.