Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Okay, so I've landed a bunch of these now but while I went huge on my first one I've hardly got any air since then. (Although I still pull them off.)

I'm curious what your techniques are to getting huge pop on these? I've heard some people talk about scooping before but have not heard it explained.

Thanks!
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
do u have a video?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-26-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
weird... Maybe you are standing tall way to early and that's hurting your height. I almost start standing tall before I release off the wake. I'm actually still extending my body after I release off the wake and then the rope and height of the tower usually pulls me back down. I actually get too much air sometimes doing it this way.

Try standing tall at the last minute (or waiting a tad longer).

flag me down next time you see the orange wakesetter at Saguaro. :-)

(Message edited by hawaiianstiln on June 26, 2007)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-28-2007, 12:23 AM Reply   
Actually now that you talk about standing tall I wonder if I really am standing tall at all or am just staying crouched.

Keith, if you don't mind is there any way I could come out and take a set with you and your friends? Or if you like you're welcome on my boat. (1988 Ski Nautique) It's at a slip up at Canyon lake right now. I'd be more than happy to pay more than my share of gas. I also need help toeside and while a few of my friends can regularly go toeside I feel I need some educated instruction. If you have a regular routine I'd screw up though then don't worry about it.

Thanks!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-01-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
I never have a "regular routine". and....you are always welcome to come out with us man. We can help you work on your raleys as well as toeside. My thoughts on toeside is that half the people just don't work on it as much as heelside. Myself included.. However, whenever I land a heelside invert, I ALWAYS try and come back with a toeside invert.

Just make yourself come back and do some sort of toeside trick wether it's one wake or wake 2 wake.

Email me to meet up. Next week won't work, but the weekend after will. Or after work sometime.
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-03-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
"a few of my friends can regularly go toeside I feel I need some educated instruction"

Thanks a lot Josh. Sorry I'm not educated enough for you. jk.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-03-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
LMAO, are you two brothers?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-09-2007, 12:07 AM Reply   
got a good pic today of some height on a raley I did and figured i would post up. I started to stand tall half way up the wake on that one. If that helps...

Upload
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
No, friends.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-09-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
Brad, no offense, but it's not my fault you were born with a stuffed animal for a brain.

Ya Keith, that's definitely a lot more then I've been getting. That's awesome! email sent.
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Yeah Josh, so much more air than you that it can hardly be considered the same trick.