Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    sean123            05-11-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
I live on a very shallow (6-7.5 foot) private ski lake. I currently have an aluminum craddel cable lift for my SSV. When the lake levels drop, I have a real hard time getting the boat off the lift. I am looking at getting a Hydrolic lift. Does anyone have an opinion on one, and what is pricing like? Do you think this will help my issue?

Thanks
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-11-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
I assume you want to put the Hydrolic lift outside of your boat house and in deeper water, because that needs about the same amount of depth as the cradle.

Have you tried to "blow" or dig the dirt out from under your cradle? For starters, the back of the cradle usually has a skid plate on it that sits 10-12 inches lower...you can blow or dig a hole right where that plate hits the ground and that will help it drop.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
Get a lift that your boat hangs from. I saw them a bunch in California when I was there. They have 3 cables, one in front and 2 in the rear and they winch it out of the water and it just hangs there.

One guy had his MC hanging for 10 years, no problems with the lifting rings. Thats what they are made for.