Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-07-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
i have on 05 malibu lsv with a prestige tandem trailer with the sliding tongue brake. I towed with it only a few times and the brake seems very "bouncy". Ill try to describe it as best I can. Its as if when i brake the trailer jutters, almost feels like it is anti-lock braking. I can feel the tongue slide forward then it seems to disengage and engage rapidly until we come to a complete stop. I tow with a 07 nissan pathfinder 4x4 v6. I only have the 4 pin harness connected so the reverse brake lock out is not enabled. I was just wondering if this hopping or pulsing was normal. Thank you all for any help. I talked to munson and they had no idea what i was talking about and weren't that big of a help. I was hoping you all could help. thanks.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-07-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
I would call Byron at prestige. Actually, you'll probably end up talking to Bobby in parts. Sounds to me like your brakes are locking up. But I could be wrong. I don't know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity or not. I would ask if you had to much brake fluid, but I don't think that's possible on the trailers.