Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-28-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
Just wanted to see what everyone thought is the best after market wedge product. I have a Sanger V230 with 1100 lbs fat sac in the rear. The wave works, but i want a little more.

Thanks Scott
Old     (shaunnelson13)      Join Date: Jan 2016       11-28-2016, 11:49 AM Reply   
Best bang for the buck

http://www.wakeexperts.com/

I also have a Sanger v230
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-02-2016, 9:24 AM Reply   
Check this out. Brand new to the market, I got one its amazing. So simple to use, great design and awesome customer service.

www.NautiCurl.com
Attached Images

Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       12-04-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Love that so many companies are making them now. Don't have to spend $500 for something you can make for $30 in parts. Tons of examples of DIY versions on here and other sites. Both DIY projects and a list of vendors to buy the suck gates here:

http://www.wakegarage.com/resources/

Even for $200, I'd still prefer to make one for $30. Easy and works the same. It's not dynamic hydraulic engineering that's for sure. You're diverting water to delay convergence. You don't have to have exact angles or dimensions for that.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-04-2016, 1:10 PM Reply   
doesn't he want a wedge and not a surfgate?

http://switchbladewake.com/products/
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-04-2016, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
Love that so many companies are making them now. Don't have to spend $500 for something you can make for $30 in parts. Tons of examples of DIY versions on here and other sites. Both DIY projects and a list of vendors to buy the suck gates here:

http://www.wakegarage.com/resources/

Even for $200, I'd still prefer to make one for $30. Easy and works the same. It's not dynamic hydraulic engineering that's for sure. You're diverting water to delay convergence. You don't have to have exact angles or dimensions for that.
I made a few different versions over the summer. After my 3 versionsI decided that I wanted something that looked real good not like a Suck Gate or a Frankin-Gate and worked great. You know not a Handle on Demand, some shelf brackets and a cutting board. I have no problem spending $200 for function and looks especially considering its the thing that is actually creating the wave. I mean, nice boat, nice boards, good ballast, then I whip out this frankin-gate that looks like a 11th grade sho[p project.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-14-2016, 1:59 PM Reply   
Yeah....that first guy making them out of carbon fiber was sitting on a gold mine for about a year. No patent I guess.....but it's funny to see the cost of a side foil go from 700$ to $150 in one year.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-14-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
I made mine with $30 in parts from Amazon and a few hardware store bolts. I was super surprised how easy it was to build using a basic jig saw, battery drill, and a file.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-15-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Yeah....that first guy making them out of carbon fiber was sitting on a gold mine for about a year. No patent I guess.....but it's funny to see the cost of a side foil go from 700$ to $150 in one year.
It's crazy, thank all the suck gate for that! No choice I guess but drop the prices. Even some of them that were like $500 are dropping in price.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       01-22-2017, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Just wanted to see what everyone thought is the best after market wedge product. I have a Sanger V230 with 1100 lbs fat sac in the rear. The wave works, but i want a little more.

Thanks Scott

are you talking about an aftermarket "wedge" or a surf gate device? There are no real aftermarket wedges, with exception of the switchblade. But you can certainly put a used Malibu wedge on to shape the wake ala downforce.