Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-19-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
Building a outdoor kitchen, footings go in tommorrow and wednesday. basically I know size and shape. But my question for those who have a outdoor kitchen is what would you do different. I`m going to have a gas grill /charcoal grill combo (side by side)and a griddle type cooktop (the kind you see in a japenease resturant-smaller) Refrigerator and plenty of storage, I`m debating on a sink? i`m a builder but hav`nt built a outdoor kitchen yet. just wondering whats the priortiy with an kitchen outside. storage? refrigeration? ice chest ? prep space? trash bin?Etc... thanks in advance for your imput.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-19-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
I have no experience with building one but I would want an ice maker. Can't have too much ice for drinks.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-20-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
2 things - Refrigerator space & counter space. We rarely use the sink except to hold a bag of extra ice. The griddle and pot burner are never used.

I have pulled out the ice maker that wasn't being used to it's potential and replaced it with a 2nd refrigerator. One is now set up for beer, the second for sodas and water. Counter space is always needed for serving.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Trash bin, fire extinguisher, ice maker, refrigeration, sink, cabinets, serving and prep space are all essentials.

some nice touches could include outdoor fans, some type of anti-slip application on the flooring, ample lighting, some type of optional bug defense such as a removable netting
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-20-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
I would definitely add the sink... I want a 3-basin when I finally make that move. Also will relocate my keezer out of the garage and to the outdoor kitchen.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-20-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
thanks guys this is helping my cause with the wife,keep it coming
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
A kegarator.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-20-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
nicccce, i knew this was going to be to post up on here(kegarator)
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-20-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
(Going to be good) was I meant to say
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-21-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
One of the least expensive accessories - A good bottle opener and a cap basket mounted near the refrigerator. It may be the most often used piece of the island.